“Great location”

Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
Ranked #22 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 31 May 2014

Stayed here for 2 nights as a group of 6 girls. Okay reception on check in, nothing to write home about. Though process was swift and stress free. Shown up to our rooms and noticed an immediate damp smell in all rooms. 1 of the 3 rooms had evidence of damp in the bathroom. Room overlooked the front of the hotel and when lit up at night was a nice view to sit out and relax on the balcony with.
We at times felt we were in someways looked down on by staff as majority of guests were matured adults or small familys. At other times staff were overly fascinated and we had a young member of staff pretty much follow us about on our first afternoon (he was wearing a training badge)
The first day on arrival we had lunch at breezeo. Great view over looking beach. Food was sub standard. Found a crawling insect in my meal and staff told me it was pepper despite it crawling! Not impressed and not off to a good start. It was Taken off the bill , but made me lose my appetite following a 2.5 hour drive from bangkok.
The final evening we were there, we sat at the infinity pool to watch sunset and were aware of an event being set up behind us. As the sun set it became very awkward. As a group of young ladies in bathing suits trying to enjoy an amazing view of our last night in thailand, old men in military attire were stood fully clothed from behind us taking pictures of what we hoped was just the sunset. We were forced to cover up and go back to our rooms as felt so uncomfortable. Complained to hotel staff as we were not informed about the event beforehand and this was almost shrugged off!
That same night decided to have dinner in the large restaurant and again, foreign body in my juice. Staff stated that it was "just foil". Disregarding the fact i could have choked on it, whatever it was. I think i was fed up of the day by that point and had to leave the girls at the table.
Breakfast was just okay, wide variety and choice.
There are some positives...Golf cart conveniently takes you to top of the road for buses etc into the main area of pattaya for 200 baht. The views are amazing. Try to catch sunset at the infinity pool. On a normal day can only imagine how great and relaxing it would be.

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with friends
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 2 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to review the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel and for choosing to spend your holidays with us. My apologies that your Brezzeo and Panorama restaurant experience did not meet your expectations. The menu at the Breezeo is created with the highest quality, locally sourced ingredients. We strive to deliver all our guests with exceptional food and service during each visit.

We appreciate your comments, as it enables us to continue monitor and provides valuable information for our future improvement.

I am sorry to hear of your recent experience with us. The shortfall in our housekeeping department and the unpleasant encountered you had with our rooms during your stay are very much regretted. You have my assurances that our Front Office and Housekeeping Team have been made aware as to ensure we consistently provides the expected service for guest satisfaction.

I do apologize for the event in our pool area and for your final evening issues you encountered during your stay. Rest assured that the shortfall areas have been looked into priority with my team members for better guest experience.

On the positive note, I am glad to hear that the team at Front Desk and the sunset at the infini pool had exceeded your expectations. I shall share your compliments with them.

Once again, I regret for the disappointment you had expressed and thank you very much for your valuable feedback. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

We can ensure you that on your future visit you will experience the true Royal Cliff service. We are renowned for our excellent Thai hospitality towards our customers.

Reviewed 30 May 2014

Such a huge place...

Wonderful Pools and so much Indian food which is good....

great rooms and staff....

centrally located and beautiful sight....must stay place....Worth the money spent... and not far from walking street the night life

• Stayed: July 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank tiwarijn
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 30 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review.
We are delighted to read that you had a great experience with us. Thank you for your compliments on our pools, location, food and service. We are particularly proud of our Indian food and I have shared your feedback to the chef.

Your kind words are an inspiration to all of us to continually maintain the high level of service.

We look forward to your return to the state of exclusivity and fascination.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 30 May 2014

This hotel is somewhat secluded from the central part of Pattaya. No big deal bus at the top of the hotel's lot will get you to town for 200 baht! The hotel service is excellent and everyone is super friendly. Lot's of different restaurants, great selections, on the property and several pools. Grounds are beautiful and the rooms have balconies. This property is all about kicking back and getting caught up on leisure. Highly recommend Caprice restaurant, 5 star service and food!

• Stayed: May 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank smokeyellow

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for glorifying our services with your wonderful feedback on TripAdvisor that summarizes the overall experience you had at our resort.

I was delighted to read that you enjoyed a relaxing and peaceful vacation experience with us at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

I agree with you that this is the best spot for pure relaxation with total privacy. The setting here on the Cliff makes it one of the most appealing spot for relaxing vacation seekers. We are glad to know that you found our services at par with excellence and thank you for your glowing recommendation of the Caprice restaurant.

Thank you for staying with us at Royal Cliff Hotels Group, your home away home.

Reviewed 29 May 2014

There were 3 hotels in one area. My family stayed in Royal Cliff Beach Hotel. We love all facilities of this hotel, especially the infinity swimming pool. Room was clean, nice, and spacious. Breakfast was good, many choices, but everyday has the same menu. Staff was helpful and speaks English fluently. The location is a little bit far from attractions, about 5-10 minutes drive. We used tuk-tuk for transportation, because it’s cheaper than taxi, which it cost about 200 Bath.I enjoyed staying in this hotel.

Room Tip: choose room with sea view
  • Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Rhily
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 8 June 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your lovely review. It was a pleasure having you as our guest.
We were thoroughly happy to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. We are truly overjoy that you are considering returning to Royal Cliff.

About transportation to downtown Pattaya we offer shuttle service at a very reasonable price. Next time please ask our guest relations team to reserve this facility for you.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the state of exclusivity and fascination.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 25 May 2014

Stayed a week to recharge and relax. Great food (what variety at the brekky! Wow!!) with 5 (or is it 6?) speciality restaurants. I tried out the Thai and the Italian. Both had set 5-6 course deals that were reasonably priced (apart from the wine), what a choice!! The Italian restaurant had the best wine list in any Asian restaurant I have ever been too).

Good range of everything culinary, even for non-grape devotees.

I asked for a change of room due to waving palms in the way of my seafront balcony. No problem! Even at 1am!

If you want to rest (or be productive....like me, working on a project), in style and comfort, and not venture out very much, then this hotel on the coast, with generally drier weather than Bangkok, is an ideal spot.

Nearby Pattaya is a raucous, bizarre, but utterly interesting melting pot of opposing values crammed into a seething mid-size city. With excellent dental clinics (I had my pegs serviced here), crazily off-beat local shopping malls (and attempted plush ones too!) Girly bars (not my cup of tea, but being anthropologically curious, I spent 5 hours one night just walking by at least 300 of them). There are night markets, plenty of offshore island hops (one of the outer ones is even clean, quiet and offers reasonable snorkelling).

Anyway, don't be put off by the pithy, wink-wink, nudge-nudge comments about sleazy Pattaya. It's brilliantly alive, dysfunctional, friendly as they come, popular with Thai's on a weekender, and just darned amusing on many levels.

Being jaded with air-conditioned limos, I got around on a 'motorcycle taxi'. What delicious fun for the this almost 60 year old to be hooting with joy weaving in and out of lines of slow moving traffic.

When booking at Royal Cliffs, check there isn't a bunch of simultaneous business conventions on, it can get crowded, and some meditative charm lost.

Speaking of the chill-out factor, I loved the Royal Cliffs Grand Hotel's spa-centre. They threw in a facial/head massage for free, after a 90 minute traditional Thai massage treatment ($70). I had it on their 8th balcony outdoor treatment option overlooking the sun sinking into the Western ocean.

Check-out discount deals for great rates at this gem of contemporary paradise.

• Stayed: May 2014
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 29 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and thank you for your time to write such a wonderful review.

We are immensely pleased to know that you had an unforgettable experience in terms of luxurious hospitality. As you mentioned that from your stay “A gem of contemporary paradise” with prompt customer service to delightful food & wines and transcendent moments of relax; our friendly staff exceeded your expectations over and beyond.

We have to agree with you that our resort offer the sense of relaxation with wonderful panoramic views of the Andaman Sea, surrounding islands and the endless stretch of the blue sky.

We thank you for the special mention of praises to the staff especially the front office department, for their superior service and rest assured the same will be shared with them for diligent efforts, as they truly are the heart and soul of the resort.

Your kind remarks about our hospitality standards, dining outlet and décor are treasured by the entire team. We hope you would give us yet another chance of winning you over with our offerings.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 22 May 2014

What I liked: Efficient staff, great breakfast buffet, wide corridors and common spaces, nice places to lounge in the common areas outside the room, convenient cart service to go from lobby to the gym and a simply superb gym!!

What I did not like: Rooms were too white, there was no hair drier and no safety box in the room (I wondered where to keep my passport and a few valuables I had).

Overall: The view from my room was exceptional - water front. Extra towels with little cotton bags to use at the beach/outdoors was a thoughtful addition. The internet was excellent. The staff were helpful in getting access to local transportation, a ride to Bangkok and pick-up from the airport. A good place for leisure and for conferences. There being little to distract other than nature, conference participants tend to remain in meeting rooms. A short nearby island visit by boat and a quick lunch can be easily arranged through the hotel staff.

Room Tip: Choose a sea view room.
  • Stayed: May 2014, travelled on business
1  Thank Longtimeguest
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 25 May 2014

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and many thanks for taking the time to write a review about your experience.

It is a great pleasure to read your positive comments and we really appreciate your kind words. Thank you very much for highlighting the efficiency of our team members who helped make your stay more special and please know that your feedback has been shared with them.

Your kind feedback about our gym, the breakfast buffet, room and the exceptional view from your private balcony is the perfect morale booster and has been duly shared with entire team. It is indeed heartening when one of our valued guests lavish us with compliments and acknowledges our endeavors.

We apologise for the shortfalls in our housekeeping department and I regret if some amenities was not provided in your room.

However, form your feedback I’m quite confused regarding the hair drier and the safety box. All our rooms in the entire resort, four properties are equipped with hair driers which can be easily found inside the cabinet-draw and the safety box is inside the wardrobe. The Housekeeping Manager and her team have taken your comments on board and shall use it as tools for further improvements. Thank you for sharing this feedback.

Again, thank you very much for sharing this experience with us and for your kind words and appreciations. Your compliment and recognition will go a long way in encouraging them to continue our efforts to do even better in future.

I sincerely hope that we will have the opportunity to welcome you back in the not too distant future and if ever we can assist with arrangements, please do not hesitate to reach out; it will be a pleasure to assist.

Reviewed 21 May 2014

I stayed at this hotel for three days and had a great time. As I had a late night flight from India and arrived the hotel at 9 am, the guy at the check in desk did not even try to show any kind co-operation and did not give me the room before 2 pm which was there check in time. I was along with my 5 years old daughter and my wife, I tried to convince him to please give me early check in but he was not interested. The worst part was a few moments later, a Thai couple arrived along with their kids and were allotted a room immediately, and later I found out that he was on the same floor as mine. Apart this everything in the hotel was great. Room was amazing, and even the food was great. Over all had a good time.

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
2  Thank praveen_a21

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review about your experience at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

Thank you so much for your compliments about the entire hotel’s facilities, the room and the quality of our food! Most travelers feel that it is one of our plus points; we carefully select each and every product and we are passionate about great quality food and the pleasure of sharing it with our guest. At the Royal Cliff Hotels Group we are committed to foods that are fresh, wholesome and safe to eat in additional to providing nutritional products that support health and well-being

Your kind feedback about our room and the food qualities is the perfect morale booster and has been duly shared with entire team. It is indeed heartening when one of our valued guests lavish us with compliments and acknowledges our endeavors.

I was very concerned to learn about the issue you encountered during check-in. I have investigated this with my team and can report to you that it was because your agent has not sent the money to us. That was why our front office team cannot release the room to you. To resolve this problem in the future we will allow guests to check in if they provide us with a credit card guarantee. When we receive the payment from the agent we will notify the guest. I hope this solution will be to your satisfaction. I am sorry again for the inconvenience and for them not explaining the procedure. I hope you understand.

The guest that you mentioned in the feedback and stay at the same floor that check-in before you was because we received full payment before their arrival.

Please allow me to clarify you comment regarding your nationality, we have so many Indian guest in house and all year round; we host hundreds of Indian weddings and our customer feedback is “Royal Cliff A fabulous place to stay” as we know the importance of hospitality, rest assure at the Royal Cliff Hotels Group, we have been in the hospitality business since 1972 there is no preferences, distinction, exclusion, restriction or preference based on race or nationality, we treat all our guests fairly.

It was an honor to have you with us and we look forward to your revisits. Let us make you 100% satisfied on your next occasion.