“One of the best places to stay in Pattaya!”

Royal Cliff Beach Hotel
Ranked #22 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Gurgaon
“One of the best places to stay in Pattaya!”
Reviewed 6 August 2014

I have been to Pattaya numerous times and stayed in multiple properties .. None as charming as this one! Just the sheer size of this place is captivating and makes you feel royal.. The restaurants, majestic pools, room service, everything was 10/10. While i went with a group of 6 friends, this place would be best for families with so many activities and attractions.

What blew us away was their gesture of sending a birthday cake to our room upon seeing the birthday of one of my friends during our stay.

Room Tip: Sea facing for sure.. Pay a little extra to enjoy the gorgeous views.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank deepakraina7
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 8 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

First and foremost, Happy Birthday to your friend! Thank you for choosing to celebrate your special occasion with us at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, Pattaya. Our goal is to ensure an excellent holiday experience, we are very pleased to read that we succeeded on this occasion and could make his birthday a special one.

We are also grateful for your positive comments on our restaurants, majestic pools and room services. We aim to offer spotless and comfortable accommodations with luxury amenities to all our guests.

Last but not least, we greatly appreciate your kind words towards our staff, their genuine kindness and helpfulness being one of our Hotel’s main strength we will definitely reward them all on your behalf for their contribution to you and your friends well-being whilst staying among us.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Antonello Passa

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (240)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Reviewed 3 August 2014

We stayed three days at this hotel in the low season. It is a vast resort, spread over a large area. The staff were very friendly, helping you with everything from getting around the resort and arranging outside transport and non hotel activities.
The rooms are of the high quality you should expect from a luxury resort. Extremely wide beds,quality linen and the toilet product were of a nice quality. The air condition was effective, and silent. The room was not very clean. For instance, the toilet bowl had excrement rests from the previous day.
The hotel has several restaurants, but apart from the breakfast buffet (which super quality and selection) my advice would be stay away from all of them, and eat elsewhere, both for cheaper prices and higher quality food.
The hotel has three pools. A pool by the excellent and air conditioned fitness center, a pool with a pool bar and the Infinity pool, which was our personal favorite. It is located on the cliff edge, with a cool breeze and a great view over the bay and Koh Lan. If the pool is not enough for a swimming enthusiast, the hotel also boasts a private beach, which is easily reached by elevators from the hotel. It was very easy to get sunbeds at both the pools and the beach, but I doubt tis would be the case during the high season.
This is a hotel that is a nice diversion from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya. If you are not interested in bar girls or all night partying, you either stay at the resort for the entirety of your stay, or you travel somewhere else in Thailand. Nice place to stay, but not worth the price and the hassle to get in and out of town (something you will have to do, if you want decent food). My rating would be higher if it was not for the lack of cleanliness and the quality of the food.
Typical taxi price to Phuket centre is 200 baht. Airport transfer 1,500 bhat.

Room Tip: If you like to sit on the baclony and drink morning coffe or afternoon tea, I would recommend a room...
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank René A. L. K
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 6 August 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to write a review about your stay at Royal Cliff.

The Royal Cliff Hotels group is situated far enough from the city to give our guests a serene and tranquil ambiance whilst at the same time close enough that it only takes 5 minutes drive into the city. It truly gives the best of both worlds.

We appreciate your comments, as it enables us to continually monitor and provides valuable information for our future improvement.

Allow me to apologies on behalf of my team for any inconvenienced caused during your stay with us. I am sorry to hear of your recent experience. The shortfall in our housekeeping department and the unpleasant encountered you had with our cleanliness was an unusual circumstance. You have my assurances that our housekeeping manager and their entire team have been made aware as to ensure we consistently provide outstanding service to all our guests.

With 100% guest satisfaction as our target, we have also noted down your concern about our food quality and restaurants, since it is never our intention to have anyone leave the Royal Cliff feeling anything other than completely satisfied. However, the large choices of restaurants that Royal Cliff offers with is unique set up of dining options and “Food to die for” with excellent service, this is one of the reasons most travelers choose to “DINE” inside our resort. On your next visit please give us another chance as I promise we will deliver top quality cuisine.

Let me ensure you that what your experienced is not the actual level of service provided at Royal Cliff Hotels Group. Actually, many outstanding guest comments and the over 150 awards we archived are indicative of the level we operate.

Once again, I regret for the disappointment you had expressed and thank you very much for your valuable input. We hope you will give us an opportunity to make improvements and let us welcome you back.

We can ensure you that on your future visit you will experience the true Royal Cliff service. We are renowned for our excellent Thai hospitality towards our customers.

Sincerely yours,

Chennai
Reviewed 26 July 2014

The best beach hotel at Pataya. Enjoy the beach and the hotel. Also you get ferry trip to adjacent island for water sport. It's also a honeymoon destination. Enjoy every bit of the hotel. Also spacious rooms.

• Stayed November 2013
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 29 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking time to share the review following your recent stay with us at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel. We sincerely thank you for sharing this wonderful review to other travelers.

We are very happy to hear that you liked your stay. The entire team goes that extra mile to make every moment memorable for our esteemed guest, and it is great to see that their efforts didn’t go unnoticed.

At The Royal Cliff Hotels Group, we strive to reflect the traditional Thai hospitality in our service and also pamper guests with the best of contemporary luxuries. I'm always so proud to read a review when a guest highlights not only the physical product but our service levels - particularly when they have been described as “Best Beach Hotel”.

Your kind feedback about our resort with spacious rooms and honeymoon destination is the perfect morale booster and has been duly shared with entire team. It is indeed heartening when one of our valued guests lavish us with compliments and acknowledges our endeavors.

We will continue to keep up the spirit in serving all our guests to the best of our ability and we hope to see you again on your next visit to Pattaya.

Caesarea, Israel
Reviewed 12 July 2014

Tired of noisy Bangkok we decided to leave the chaos behind, and headed south to Pattaya, to calm our mind in a peaceful and quiet hotel like the Royal Cliff.
We got a heartwarming welcome from the reception, and a seaview room on the 22nd floor, what could be a better promise for a relaxed vacation?
I opened the door to the balcony and a tremendous noise fell upon us. Music, drums, people singing and shouting - a bedlam carnival !!
A young couple and their families and friends, came from India, for an happy wedding celebration. And happy it was!. OK we forgot the peaceful vacation and start dancing with the bride with the groom in a convoy row, in the pool.. believe it or not, they accept us as guests of honor. The food (Indian) was delicious and we enjoy it, in spite of the noise. However, just for information, the best rooms to experience a really beach vacation are the cottages which are located on the beach, separate from the hotel towers.

Room Tip: cottage on the beach
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Yehuda F F
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your lovely review. We are happy to hear that you enjoyed the wedding event at Royal Cliff and that it turned out to be a good surprise. Indian weddings only happens once or twice per two months. So the next time you are looking for a quiet getaway we are still the perfect venue for that.

We are happy to hear that you liked the rooms, sea-view and the service.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to welcome you back on your next trip to Pattaya.

Your sincerely,

Isle of Man, United Kingdom
Reviewed 11 July 2014

We have been to the royal cliff many many times and we have stayed at the Beach Terrace, the Grand and the Beach Hotel. This isn't the first review of this resort I have written but I like to update each time I visit. On previous occasions we have spent anywhere between 3 nights and 3 weeks here and I must say that the current General Manager Antonello Passa, has by far exceeded our previous experiences. He made us feel so special and so welcome and we can never thank him enough for making this holiday so wonderful. We were holidaying with our 2 adult children and it is the first time in a number of years the four of us were able to holiday at the same time, so this was very special for us. I would also like to mention that in the week we spent here we had dinner 3 times in the Royal Grill Room, the manager Khun Vichai ensured everything was perfect. He was very attentive without being intrusive and he makes a great coffee Royal! Also try the flambé crepes , The food (we had steak, rack of lamb, duck) all fantastic and the service and the ambience was second to none. A wonderful piano player was also on hand. I would also like to mention Khun Varin from housekeeping, nothing was too much trouble and she ensured everything was up to our expectations, so thank you khun Varin. I missed my good friend Somchai from breakfast because he was on vacation but hopefully I will see him next time. The setting of this hotel is amazing, hard to believe you are in Pattaya, I definitely recommend a visit. We will be back soon.

Room Tip: The 9th floor in the Beach hotel is best with a seaview
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
1 Thank Alibaba1
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for always choosing Royal Cliff as a place to stay in Pattaya. We truly appreciate your continued patronage.

We thank you for the special mention of praises to the staff especially Khun Vichai and Khun Varin for their superior service and I have shared your positive comment to them for their diligent efforts.

Brisbane, Australia
Reviewed 4 July 2014

We stayed here for a business conference. The hotel had good views and good service. The rooms were ok -- three star standard. Clean, but a little tired, but larger than a typical hotel room. I had a good view of the pools and ocean. Pattaya is not a nice place -- so I stayed in the hotel. A friend went jogging out of the hotel and was bitten by a dog. Hotel security did not let me walk along the beach at night. The beach was not the nicest beach, by the way. For the price, we received value, but not a place that I would choose to visit on a vacation.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled on business
1 Thank johnnyvic
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 15 July 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review about your experience at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel.

It is a great pleasure to read your opinion about our resort “A good place for our conference” with good service and good view of the swimming pools and the Sea, this is one of the reasons most travelers choose the Royal Cliff Hotels Group to spend their holidays with us. Your kind words are an inspiration for all of us to maintain our high quality service.

Firstly, allow me to apologies on behalf of my team for any inconvenienced caused during your stay with us. I am disappointed and concerned to hear of your negative experience in our private beach. (Which is open to our entire guest for any activities including night walk) This is definitely unacceptable and does not reflect our service standards. Please be assured that I have passed your feedback to our security and the human resources managers, so they can look into it and to follow up on this incident and re-training the staff. It is particularly disappointing that we have not provided our normal standard of customer service to you.

However, I would like to clarify a few of the items you have mentioned for our other readers and future guests. I was surprised and it’s unfortunate to learn that your room experience here fell short of expectations. Our goal is to provide guests with an extraordinary RESORT experience that is equal parts fun, affordable, and luxurious. I must admit that this is not the usual feedback we received from our conference attendees and exhibitors our Royal Cliff Beach Hotel is home to many conferences, whose attendees love our ideal location and superb service.

With 100% guest satisfaction as our target, we have also noted down your concern about your friend jogging experience and we were shocked by what happened. I truly appreciate your feedback and I have discussed and share your comment with the management team and rest assured that we have contacted the Pattaya Animal Coalition (PAC) and City Hall to deal with stray dog issues. I would like to ensure and restore the confidence to our entire guest informing that there are no dogs in the resort premises and this happened far away from our resort.

We would love to be able to welcome you back to our property in the future and exceed your expectations.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 25 June 2014

We started this week with a business trip to the Royal Beach Hotel. My team and I converged on the hotel and enjoyed a relaxing late lunch in their beach side restaurant Breezeo. (I recommend the snapper) We brought our partners along and in between meetings and seminars enjoyed many of the culinary delights as well as the newly modified infinity pool and moon bar for sunset.
My girlfriend found a delicious birthday cake upon arrival in our room, which was very thoughtful and a very nice personal touch.
Conducting business there was a breeze and I would like to thank the head of the IT department for helping us out with some technical issues (sorry I can't recall your name now). The Wi-Fi was super fast and arguably the best I've experienced in a hotel in Thailand. It was free too!!
Our partners enjoyed the spa facilities on offer and I'm told these were excellent too. I'll be indulging in a wrap next time I'm there on my girlfriends recommendation.
So in a nutshell, if you want to mix business with pleasure successfully, there really is no better place than here. I can't wait to get back.

Room Tip: We stayed in Mini Suites on the 9th floor overlooking the pools and the Gulf of Siam.
  • Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, responded to this review, 30 June 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Happy birthday again to your girlfriend! Thank you for your lovely review on Tripadvisor.

Many thanks for staying at Royal Cliff Beach Hotel and dining at our Breezeo restaurants. Your pleasant dining experience is an inspiration to the entire team, which has motivated them to continue conjuring delicious delicacies and serving diners to the best of their abilities.

The Royal Cliff hotels Group designed to best cater the needs of our esteemed guests offer the best of everything to business as well as leisure travelers. From an array of accommodation options to various recreational alternatives and eleven dining outlets- we ensure that our esteemed guests are spoiled for choice at our hotel.

I am glad to know that you have enjoyed your Sunset Lobby Terrace experience and the newly Infini pool, it is such an honor to learn of your excellent stay and that you discovered the Royal Cliff Thai experience!

Thank you again for your wonderful review that is highly treasured by our team in the Cliff Spa. We hope you would soon honor us with a revisit and share your generous feedback yet again.

Your kind word about the customer service from our IT department is the perfect morale booster and has been duly shared with the entire team. It is indeed heartening when one of our valued guests lavish us with compliments and acknowledges our endeavors.

Your compliments and patronage are invaluable to us and we assure you that you would enjoy the same high level of hospitality every time you stay with us.