“luxury”

Ranked #12 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
South Miami, Florida
“luxury”
Reviewed 9 July 2012

First time traveller in Thailand, family tour and we decided to go to pattaya from Bangkok Airport which is 90 minutes travel time almost midnight on june 2012; you will greeted by very nice staff; lobby is grand; five star hotel of its class; rooms have balcony overlooking the ocean; need to stay there for atleast four days; the infinity pool is superb; breakfast is excellent!! when you book especially for families, they will only have twin sharing..no triple sharing ( you need to add extra bed for extra person which is more expensive than getting a separate room for 2 people); they have a lounge on 9th floor where you can have continental breakfast ( if youre not the buffet type of person) and you can have all day soda/cookies for the rest of the day until 6pm and thats for free..the area is secluded, very private; you need to rent a private transport to go to downtown; we havent tried the restaurant there except for the breakfast buffet..my family love their stay and we will definitely be back given the opportunity to travel to thailand again..

Room Tip: go to 9th floor for easy access to the lounge
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
2 Thank Jen2510
, Front Office Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 11 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Grand Hotel and for your superb review. We really appreciate your positive feedback. Our team at the Grand enjoyed taking care of you and your family.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Guest Relations Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Market Harborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 June 2012

This is not just a great hotel, the PEACH staff for functions are capable and helpful. I wanted a treadmill on stage for a talk. They organised it with just one day's notice from their gym & fitness centre.

The restaurants too are excellent. I asked the chef to prepare my beef tenderloin with six vegetables. No problem: baked potato and grilled capsicum, mushrooms, carrot, tomato, garlic and egg plant (aubergine). And it was a superb steak too. The house red wine is fine.

Had Indian on a previous visit and it rates extremely well.

The rooms, public areas and grounds are all very clean and exceptionally well maintained.

The fitness centre is spacious, well-equipped, light and airy. Nice to use a gym with a good view.

Room Tip: The club floors are good. There is an executive room, called Lotus Lounge. Nice for a quiet breakf...
  • Stayed June 2012, travelled on business
2 Thank Simon T
, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 1 July 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. I have passed on your compliments to our team.
Our Chefs are also delighted to know that you had a great dining experience at Royal Cliff.
In the near future we will be expanding our gym and installing new equipments. We hope you will come and try it again.

Thank you again for your compliments.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

india
Reviewed 23 June 2012

Nice hotel, which is part of other hotels of Royal Cliff. It is very peaceful and tastefully made and maintained, in contrast to the hustle and bustle of Pattaya. The Indian restaurant Maharani is located within the compound and the food was very good. Spa was very average for Thailand standards. Overall a very relaxing stay.

• Stayed October 2011, travelled with family
1 Thank rsinath
, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 27 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the review. We are delighted that you enjoyed staying with us. I will forward the comments about our Spa to the manager and we will see what we can do to improve. recently our Cliff Spa has received very good feedback so we will investigate this further.

Thank you again for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

Chicago, Illinois
Reviewed 15 June 2012

I spent about 10 days at Royal Cliff for a business meeting, and I was extremely impressed with all aspects of the resort. The property is beautiful, all of the buildings and rooms were very clean, and the staff was always as polite and helpful as possible. I worked closely with the hotel and meetings staff, and they were always willing to do whatever it took to make sure our event was successful. The food was very good- both in the various restaurants at the resort and what was catered specifically for our group. The breakfast buffets were great and included a wide enough variety that everyone in our group could find something they liked. All of the pools at the resort were clean and there were always staff members nearby to help you set up umbrellas or move deck chairs around. I stayed in the Beach Hotel and thought it was very nice, clean, and pretty quiet. I had a great view of the bay and pools from my balcony. I would definitely come back to Royal Cliff if I am ever in this part of the world again.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for the wonderful review. We are delighted that we were able to make your meeting at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel a success. Our events team enjoyed working with you very much and taking care of your delegates.

It was a pleasure to have you and your group as our guests.

We hope to welcome you back in the near future.

Prospect Heights, Illinois, United States
Reviewed 6 June 2012

I have been to many business meetings over the years and working with the staff of the hotels very closely, but I must say the staff at the Royal Cliff was outstanding, whether it was the meeting staff, catering staff or any staff of the hotel in general they were always professional, polite and greeted you with a warm and welcoming smile. It was a long trip and I was happy to go home but actually felt like I would miss some of the staff that I had worked with over the course of about 8 days. I was a little anxious about the food in Thailand in general but found that the variety of restaurants at the Royal Cliff would accommodate anyone's taste. We had a dinner for all our participants and it was outstanding. I always worry when making the plans long distance, not actually seeing the room you will use until you get there, but everything was beautiful and the number of people taking care of our guests that evening was unbelievable. The food was delicious and everyone had a wonderful time and our group can be very fussy. The property was beautiful and clean and even though I was not housed in the really fancy hotel, the one I was in was very nice, especially the bed and the pillows were perfect they were not feather so they were extremely comfortable. I enjoyed the fact that there actually were drawers to place my clothes and other things that I carry. My only issue with the room was the safe, it was very low and to be able to see inside I had to get on my hands and knees. I really enjoyed my stay and having been away from home for 10 days prior to my arrival in Pattaya I was very happy to have such a relaxing experience. I will judge all my future hotel stays against the service I received at the Royal Cliff Grand hotel. Betty R.

• Stayed May 2012, travelled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Guest Relations Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 June 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are delighted that your meeting with us was a success and you had a wonderful time here. Your comment on the safe has been noted and we are planning to redesign the rooms at the Grand. We will take this into consideration.

Our events team also misses you and your group. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to get another opportunity to welcome you back to Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.

Rowland Heights, California
Reviewed 5 June 2012

I booked 3 Sea View Mini Suites at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel through Expedia and went to Pattaya with my parents and brother's family. We had a little difficulty finding the hotel as there were no visible signs until we're a couple of blocks from it. You would assume that with Royal Cliff being such a large hotel group, there should be more road signs leading to the hotel.

Once we arrived, we were told that we were upgraded to the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel which was a pleasant surprise. The Royal Cliff Hotel Group consist of several buildings and groups. We had nice sea view rooms and access to club lounge with snacks, soft drinks and coffee all day, which made my nephews very happy! Our rooms were spacious and clean with oversize king bed in each room. All the rooms also had private balcony with lounge chairs overlooking the pool and the sea.

Since the hotel is located away from the busy area of town, we decided to have dinner in the hotel. There were 4 restaurants in our building, Chinese, Thai, Japanese and Italian. We went to the Chinese restaurant. To our surprise, it was very moderate in cost and authentic in taste. The next morning, we had the buffet breakfast which was included in the price of the room. The restaurant was very busy but they had a lot of selections and never ran out of food.

Other than what I've mentioned, all the workers at the hotel were courteous and friendly. We were all pleased with our experience. It was a great relaxing experience and we definitely recommend staying at this hotel if you're looking for a quiet and relaxing vacation.

• Stayed June 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Ireneww
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted you enjoyed the "Royal Cliff" hospitality and service. I have shared your positive comments to the team at Royal Cliff.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. Thank you for recommending Royal Cliff Grand Hotel.

Evanston, Illinois
Reviewed 29 May 2012

I was at the Royal Cliff for a week-long business meeting. Usually, after a meeting like this I am ready to leave ASAP. But after a week at the Royal Cliff, I was ready to stay for a little personal relaxation time. As a property to host a large international business meeting, I felt that the Royal Cliff excelled. The staff was always responsive to our needs, they addressed any problems we had immediately, and provided us with a very welcoming environment, often checking with us to make sure all our needs were being met. Off-site work meetings come with certain stresses. I and my colleagues were all extremely busy. The Royal Cliff staff seemed to anticipate our needs and really made everything run smoothly, which took a lot of the typical stress out of the meeting. The meeting rooms were ideal (maybe a little on the chilly side for some), the food provided at breaks was excellent and varied, the general environment all around the meeting areas was very calming; it was a place you didn't mind being in even though you were working.

Once work responsibilities ended for the day, my colleagues and I inevitably ended up at one of the outside bars for some Singha's and decompression. You'd be hard pressed to find a better place to be than at that bar right on the Gulf....well maybe, I'd have been happier at the swim-up bar, but bathing suits and work colleagues doesn’t seem like a good mix…

Being there for so many days I got to eat at most of the restaurants, all of which really impressed, especially Caprice (I did not eat that the Italian restaurant. Something did not seem right to me about eating Italian while in Thailand). I ate twice at the traditional Thai restaurant and both meals wowed me. Although my one minor criticism is that when I order an appetizer, I expect it to come first, not with the main meal itself. Both times I was served the appetizer with the meal--a minor annoyance that does not detract from how delicious the food is. The outdoor restaurant, Breezo is relaxing, and true to its name, is breezy in the evenings. The seafood salad there was worth repeated orderings. The breakfast buffet was stellar with a huge variety and with great views of the Gulf of Thailand and the pools. There's a steakhouse that does it up right (I felt that could have been in Chicago), and an Indian restaurant that I also left well satisfied and stuffed.

My room at the Beach Hotel was great; very clean, well appointed, nice firm bed, stellar view, a balcony. I heard the same from my colleagues. The only complaint I have is that the lighting in the bathroom was not very good, but otherwise I felt very comfortable. While our staff stayed at the Beach Hotel, our meeting participants stayed at the nicer Grand Hotel. Feedback I got was all extremely positive. Wifi access in the rooms was not consistent.

For my work we have a large (35-65 participants) off-site meeting either once or twice a year, recently they’ve been in California, Ireland, and Sweden. While, generally these properties are very nice, the Royal Cliff has set the new standard by which--my colleagues and I all agree--we'll be comparing future off-site meetings.

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and feedback. We are very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time with us. We enjoyed taking care of you and your group. I have passed on your comments to the management team. The areas which need improvement has already been discussed.

We look forward to welcoming you and your family on your next occasion to Thailand.