“Great visit”

Ranked #10 of 450 Hotels in Pattaya
Vancouver, British Columbia, Canada
“Great visit”
Reviewed 12 February 2014

Terrific hotel. Excellent service at all levels. Comfortable, clean and ideal for either a holiday or a conference. Staff are warm and knowledgeable. The food in the restaurants is very good and the service is tremendous. Wine list really amazed me. Highly recommend this hotel.

Room Tip: If you need a room with a shower that has a safety grab bar, you will need to enquire if one is avai...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 14 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

I was very happy to read that you liked the comfortable room, cleanliness and the award winnings restaurants.

Your comments are most valuable and a great encouragement for our team to continually maintain our high service level.

Thank you again for sharing your pleasant experience at our hotel and we are very much looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Cliff Hotel Group– The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

Royal Cliff Grand Hotel

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (110)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Indonesian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

My partner and I are currently staying in the royal cliff grand hotel for 2 week holiday , having first enjoyed my stay here in 1997 and then in 00,01,02,08 and last trip was in 2008, I have to be honest and say the hotel has failed in its appearance especially the dated reception area, we we're shown to our room on the 15th floor which was in a very tired condition , havering paid over €2000 up- front for out 12 night stay I called reception to politely complain , we we're then shown a very sharp clean room on the 19th floor , when we said yes to this room we were then asked for another 10,000baht, which we paid , another issue I have is , we'll to stay in a 5 star resort like this and then on arrival for breakfast your asked for your "breakfast coupon" now that to me is NOT something I've experienced in 5 star hotels in the past, a bouncer type employee standing checking if your "coupon" is valid to me is more suited to "butlins" in Wales and I find it very improper.. On the free wifi?? Yes the wifi they give you free is so slow that you have NO CHOICE but to BUY the upgrades at very expensive rates, that's mean and money grabbing ... This hotel used to stand out from the crowd but with so many other 5 star hotels local to this they'd really want to take time out and walk around them and compare what they are offering for less money... Is our 12 night stay value for money??? The honest answer is NO!!!

Stayed February 2014
1 Thank Derekd6
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 6 February 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review following your recent visit to Royal Cliff Grand Hotel. It was great to hear that you enjoyed staying here so many times.

But on this occasion we are very sad to hear about your latest experience.

We are actually working on improving our product. The hotel will be going through a major renovation program this year. The rooms will have a brand new sophisticated style yet there will be a Thai essence to it.

All the concerns you raised have been noted, discussed and action planned has been developed to improve our service level. About the Wifi we spoke with our technician and our current in house gusts and they say the speed is fine. For checking emails and general browsing it is very quick.

We hope you will give us another opportunity to make up for your stay with us this time round. Please do email me as I really want to find out more about what happened. In the future you can book with me directly and I will personally arrange your accommodation. Please send an email to bualan@royalcliff.com

You will be pleased to know that we have renovated over 40 rooms now named Grand Sea-view plus. This room type is a modern contemporary design. It is the perfect retreat for the new generation travelers.

For the rest of the Club Sea-view rooms we will slightly modify the rooms and replace any old items.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

I look forward to welcoming you back for another memorable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination.

With best regards,

Reviewed 5 February 2014 via mobile

The best resort the best staff the best facilities. From the moment I got out of the car, the welcome and helpful staff made a big impact. The front lobby and reception area are so stylish and the check in was so straight forward.

Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank Neil S
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay with us and for sharing your lovely comments to other travelers.

It certainly feels good when the superior products and services of Royal Cliff Hotels Group gets authenticated by our valued guest.

I was very happy to read that you liked the facilities, the staff, the service provided.

Feedback like yours is making a difference to motivate our team and to keep up with the unparalleled service we strive to provide.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

Reviewed 30 December 2013 via mobile

I love Royal Cliff hotel, Varieties of food and full of facilities. All i need is here. All in one where can fulfill your satisfy. It will be better if room rate cheaper. I got around 6,400 baht a night which i think too expensive if i want to stay more longer

Stayed December 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 1 January 2014
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments. Nothing pleases us more than to hear that you had an amazing time with us. I have already passed on your kind words to all our staff. They are truly grateful and appreciated you acknowledged their hard work.

We were very happy to read that you liked the food, the facilities of the hotel.
Clean, comfort and convenience are the areas we strive for perfection at Royal Cliff.

We aim to offer exclusive and personalized service to everyone.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

During the high season the rates are higher. After this the room rate will drop down and we hope you can return to us again then.

Singapore
Reviewed 20 December 2013

Overall a great hotel, went for a conference, but amazing service, breakfast daily isn't bad either ;); Our housekeeper was the sweetest young gal and always took extra care to make sure everything was just right. When I told her my lovely wife thought the bed was hard, I thought it would be "alright' when she brought in this padding (and I thought she would bring in another blanket or something, LOL); but being ever so sensitive to missing her own bed, always, lol, she still felt the bed was hard, met, I slept like a rock, lol). From the am to the pm, the staff are always on it, the hotel immaculate and the rooms amazing! If you like looking out to an amazing view from a high floor, this is great for your as typically, we will stay in Phuket (and probably continue to do so as it is closer to nicer beaches, but the reasons we were there, it was a great stay). Good luck and happy traveling!

Room Tip: Depending on what type of view you want, the cliffs is like a little bit of everything, from the &qu...
  • Stayed December 2013, travelled on business
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 22 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you so much for your compliments. We are happy to read that you liked our Hotel, the view from your room and the daily breakfast at our award winning restaurant.

Nothing pleases us more than to hear that you had an amazing time with us. I have already passed on your kind words to our housekeeper. They are truly grateful and appreciated you acknowledged their hard work.

It was an absolute pleasure to have you and your wife as our guests.

We truly enjoyed taking care of you.

Please consider returning next year as we have many exciting developments added to the property.

Best wishes,

Stevenage, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 December 2013

Having been a yearly return guest for the last twenty four years my friends ask me why do i go
back to the same hotel every year? well the answer is this hotel has everything i need for a
perfect holiday,top class management and dedicated staff to see to your every whim.First class restaurants and service to match,for the person's who want to be more active there are swimming
pool,tennis courts a fitness centre a three hole pitch and put to keep you well occupied.

Room Tip: try a higher room for a peaceful nights'sleep and also aroomthat has sunshine in the afternoon
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 19 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your lovely comments about your recent stay to other travelers. We are so honoured to have you staying with us for the past 24 years. Thank you for your continued patronage. We truly enjoy taking care of you.

I was very happy to read that you liked the award winning restaurants, our pools and the tennis courts, as well the fitness centre.

Hong Kong, China
Reviewed 13 December 2013

Somehow my another review earlier was "disappeared" for some unknown but seemingly obvious reasons. Anyway, my 2 days in this place was OK but I won't say it's a decent 4-star experience - especially if it's only when things go smoothly under their "standard procedures".

Location: It is about 10 mins drive from downtown Pattaya. The good thing of this is you can hide away from busy town for a quieter life, but that also means you need to prepare to spend a fortune on taxi - their own transport is THB100/head one-way but you can take free shuttle to the main gate and grap a taxi at THB500/head.

Room: The decoration was a bit too old. You can tell they've done some refurbishment, but it's simply not enough e.g. the shower area was made of un-stylish marble and wallpaper was a bit yellowish. Free WiFi was also inclusive, but they created "value-added" service through upgrades to different speeds at different price tiers. Unlikely to be too useful I believe, but for those really keen to get a speedy internet it's one of your options.

Facilities. The private beach was very close by (roughly 200 steps away from lobby) but big tides/waves meant swimming was possible but albeit a bit dangerous. Alternatively, you can lie on the beach for a good sunbath tho. Swimming pools were plentful in the premises, and you can take a 5-min free shuttle to the nearby sports centres for facilities e.g. couple other swimming pools, gym etc.

Breakfast/Food: I won't say it's excellent but the choices were acceptable. Food in the restaurants were OK and prices were reasonable by local standards.

However it was the way they handled crisis which upset me - especially when you lock all the cash in the room safe trying to rush out for lunch. Despite right combination it's just simply can't open due to mechanical failure. 5 technicans were called and I can tell they tried really hard to fix, but they got no clue at all and finally decided to open it by violence after spending 2.5 hours on it. During the period, nobody really try to come up and comfort us other than the PIC of the front desk staff, nor asked if we need anything to eat/drink (we supposed to go out for lunch!) Well what I can say is you could easily tell they're not trained to handle situations and were not able to "take a step further" and think from their guests' point of view.

To summarise, you got a fair chance of a decent vacation - only if things not going wrong. Yes, may be I'm the 1 out of 1,000 guests who suffered from situations like this, but even if there's a 0.1% of happening this is still not acceptable. Definitely re-trainings are needed on crisis management (The GM and Resident Manager did a fantastic PR job) - perhaps on knowledge transfer to let the skill to reach working level staffs.

• Stayed December 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Derek K
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Cliff Grand Hotel, responded to this review, 15 December 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group and for taking the time to share your experience to other travelers. Thank you also for meeting with me in person and accepting our apologies for the unfortunate circumstance about the safe.

We are sorry that you had to wait a long time but our General Manager did escort and offered free lunch to your family at a restaurant of your choice. It was our staff that informed us you had missed your lunch because of this incident. All our staff care for every single customer.

Based on your input, a detailed discussion with the engineering department was taken to review our quality control systems and to avoid similar mishap in the future.

Concerning your comment about the old rooms I have to clarify that over 80% of the rooms in the resort have been refurbished. We are now renovating the others so for future stay you will get to experience our renovated rooms with the Ultra Modern Style or Modern Thai Style.

For your information, the Royal Cliff Grand Hotel has recently renovated the guests rooms, some are brand new ultra Modern design and some are renovated in modern Thai Design. The entrance and Lobby have also been renovated to offer an authentic Thai style. The above works have been completed a few months ago.

Safe deposit: The safe was mal-functioned, but we have already returned the safe to the supplier. We will followed up with them to find out the cause of the problem. In the meantime, we have replaced a new safe deposit unit.

Please allow me to explain about the internet access of the resort. We provide free fast Wi-fi for every guest staying with us. The only time we charge is if a guest would like ultra fast speed. This however comes at a very reasonable price.

Further, based on earlier guest comments, Royal Cliff Hotels Group took steps of improvement by increasing seat availability and frequency of our shuttle service operation to enhance guest convenience (we offer a shuttle at THB 100 per person an trip).The reason that our team encourage you to use the hotel shuttle service is that we can guarantee your safety, comfort and ensure you arrive at your destination. We do not want you to risk using the local taxi and moreover we cannot guarantee your safety.

We hope that you will give us another chance in the future and I look forward to welcome you back for another stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.