“Awesome place must visit”

Royal Cliff Beach Terrace
Ranked #42 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 26 March 2011

Was at the hotel for a bare two days did not have time to see the resort much as arrived late in the evening and the next day was only indoors ina conference. But whatever I saw I liked -- aweosme property well spread out -- great food they have ten resturants 3 swimming pools access to the beach -- dont know abt the water sports as did not ask. the only two flip sides are the beds were a little hard and the Gym treadmill were of the old types without entertainment which I like. Otherwise I could not really find fault in the hotel. Saw a lot of kids enjoying themselves and the place is really very secure.

• Stayed: March 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank ashuc
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a wonderful review.
It was a pity you only stayed here for a short while. You must come back and visit us again in the future. There are many facilities of Royal Cliff which I am sure you will enjoy on your next stay with us.

Thank you for the feedback regarding the bed and the gym. At the moment our gym is in the process of being upgraded and we will install new treadmill machines with TV screens in the future. We are aiming to develop our fitness centre to be one of the best in Pattaya.

We hope you will return to us in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 21 January 2011

I went here to escape the cold and stressful city life for a few days and I certainly made the right decision. I stayed in the beach terrace room - wonderful room with new, clean bathroom, gigantic bed, solid air-conditioning, and very own private terrace with sunbeds. It links directly to the beach in front for when you fancy the waves of the sea, to a contemporary beach-view outdoor bar/lounge for when you fancy a snack/drink in style, and if you fancy some pampering there are truly blissful spa and massage facilities available (where I personally got a mind-numbing ying-yang massage with 2 therapists simultaneously). There are something like 7 swimming pools dotted around the resort, but the new infinity pool was the most impressive, particularly during sunset - trust me you are going to want a photo of yourself in that background! They even had a gym, jogging course and quite a number of tennis courts. There are also enough restaurants around the resort that will allow you to dine on anything from thai cuisine to greek salads, and continental buffets if you want to feast on everything at the same time (if you like that kinda thing). I also hired a speedboat which leaves directly from the hotel to nearby Ko Larn (Coral) Island for some island beach time, and I also spent an evening in Pattaya city which is a 5 minute taxi/tuk-tuk ride from the hotel.

This is the place you come to if you want to forget everything and chill by the pool/sea, sunbathe, read, eat, go spa, get duo-massages, exercise, eat again, do a tiny bit of local touristy stuff, and repeat. I think it also caters well for business as they have some kinda massive convention hall connected to the more business-like property of the resort. Yes there are businessy parts, and family parts, honeymoon parts, and even exclusively private parts. When you arrive you will, like me, seek a map much like a kid who just arrived at a theme park. And by the time you leave, like me, you will feel blissfully at peace!

Its very hard to describe the quality of design and attention to detail the hotel has exercised properly in words (especially if one is, like me, still numb from the mindless relaxation of such a holiday and cant seem to string proper sentences together!) but they have done an incredible job in maintaining a classic, traditional Thai ambiance, and a cozy, romantic atmosphere, without compromising on service, cleanliness, and modern conveniences.

• Stayed: January 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank furiousrabbit1
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 31 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

What a wonderful review! Thank you so much for your compliments and for taking the time to write in detail about our facilities. Your kind words have inspired all of us to continually improve our services and facilities. Our management team would like to send their gratitude to you.

We look forward to welcoming you again in the near future.

Very best wishes to you and your family for 2011.

Reviewed 6 January 2011

Have been here about 8 times now and will come again. Great vale great service and great food. Location is not central but that suits us transfer to Pattaya and Jomtiem very easy and quick. Cliff Club if very relaxing and some good local bars and eating options

• Stayed: February 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank petejay
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 12 January 2011

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words and for keep coming back to the resort. We were delighted you had a wonderful stay with us.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Royal Cliff soon.

Very best wishes,

Reviewed 6 December 2010

I and my family had a 1 night stay at this hotel first, I feel very impressed with the front desk staff, actually we booked room type " mini suite mountain view" and we arrived at 3 pm when we contacted at the frontdesk the staff told us that the maid still cleaned up the room; therefore, he upgraded us to stay at Honey suite!. I have no doubt why the hotel is rated 5 star !! Whereas the nearby hotel located on the upper hill, the staff just let us to wait almost 2 hrs for the room.
About the room is just refurbished with big king bed size, sea view, and terrace. It is very cozy. The breakfast is superb; lots of choices, and very friendly staffs.
The beach is very good to lie down on but the sea is not good for children to swim.There are 3-4 swimming pools with the secure guards.
By the way, at the zone of beach hotel, while I and my family went to the pool, we walked pass by a staff guy, he looked at us with very impolited until I looked him back and he still looked at us with a bad posture, dressed like manager not a lower staff. Until now I didn't know why he looked like that.!!
However, I still impressed with the overall and I will come back again

• Stayed: December 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank pat584
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 8 December 2010

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We were delighted you had a wonderful stay with us.
Thank you also for the feedback on our staff's behaviour. I will personally look into this issue and talk to all the staff concerned to make sure this does not happen again.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Royal Cliff in the near future.

Very best wishes,

Reviewed 16 November 2010

My girlfriend and I travelled to Pattaya for the first time in mid October. We actually tried two other hotels in the area but they were fully booked and luckily we found this one online. We were so happy to have stayed at this wonderful hotel. It has recently been refurbished and the whole room is an experience of its own. The room is a mixture of Thai heritage with today’s modernity. Trust me you don’t want to leave the room. We were situated near their new beach restaurant which had a spectacular view of the sea and nearby islands. The staffs were also great as they were always willing to listen to any comments you had. The only thing we were disappointed on was that there was a big construction in their main building. I think it’s a pool and I wish they had finished it before we came. This place is truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed: October 2010, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Jakestens_85
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 24 November 2010

Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you had an excellent time here. It was a shame that you came just before the completion of our new pool. We are very sorry for that inconvenience. The new infinity edge pool is now completed and so on your next visit you must try it out. There are many interesting features inside our new pool including Jacuzzi and pool bar.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 14 September 2010

Excellent Hotel and Campus. Although it is located far away from the town center, it is excellent place for those who enjoy luxury beach hotels. One can enjoy the swimming pools, or an outing of golf. The spa and the massages are really something to not miss out on.

The hotel has its private beach and rooms facing the sea offer an excellent view point.

Stayed: March 2010, travelled with family
1  Thank nilay32
Reviewed 14 January 2010

The property is MASSIVE
It really requires a good team of staff to make the hotel run like a well oiled machine, and the staff went beyond. I never had to call a waiter for a drink. I was by the pool getting some sun, finished my drink, couldnt see anyone around by the time I got up to head to the bar in the pool, my drink was refreshed. outstanding attention to detail,

The restaurants serve high quality cuisine that was presented exceptionally - food for the eyes as well as for the belly. Outstanding breakfast, I would also recommend the Indian Restaurant - surprisingly magnificent

The best part of the hotel is that the owners live close by and take a hands on approach to the functioning of the hotel. I had the privilege to meet them - very hospitable and good people.

Definitely the best resort I have stayed at in south east asia!!!!!

• Stayed: January 2010, travelled with friends