“Below Expectation”

Royal Cliff Beach Terrace
Ranked #37 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 4 November 2012

First visit to Royal Cliff which is highly recommended by two seniors, but the services level is way below Thai hospitaility standard, the staff is just performing like a "governmental body". The facilities themselves are okay, but you could tell the design are ages ago; afterall the hotel has been in operation for almost 40 years, just hardly to compare with today's modern resort.

After minus is the transportation, the hotel just provide three free shuttle bus service a day to the Pattaya downtown, which is quite insufficient when there are more than 1,000 rooms combined for all four different Royal Cliff.

However, the Sat BBQ Seafood buffet is really good and value for money. Just 1200++ baht and you can enjoy all kind of seafood, and they are real fresh and well cooked.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 January 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review and provide us with your feedback. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed our BBQ buffet. We try to come up with different varieties every Saturday.

We are deeply saddened to hear that our service level was below par. We have invested heavily this year in training and can assure you that on your next visit to us you will get to experience the "true Royal Cliff hospitality".

We are also excited to share with you that we will be adding more facilities (including rooms renovation) to ensure that our product is kept up to date and that valued guests like you keep coming back. Our sunset terrace lobby made its debut recently and many guests have complimented this facility.

We hope you will give Royal Cliff another opportunity.

Best wishes,

Reviewed 25 August 2012

This was our second stay at the Royal Cliff. And it proved to even more enjoyable than the first one. We love everything about the place and tend to use the in house restaurants as they are all very reasonably priced, provide good food and the staff are wonderful. I do not know why the Royal Grill Room at the Beach Terrace is not one of the best restaurants in Pattaya. It was such a shame to see it so empty each night. So unfair as the food is excellent. Even our French friends (and you know how fussy the French can be when it comes to food) thought their meal was 'top drawer'. The choice of swimming pools, mini golf, tennis, gym etc only added to the wonderful experience. If you stay at this wonderful hotel 'off-peak' you get truly great value. It does become a bit more expensive for about six months of the year. But still worth it.
The staff are all very responsive, professional and are genuinely interested in making sure you are enjoying yourself and will immediately respond to any problems or complaints.
We will definitely be back.
david from Ireland

Room Tip: There are many rooms that don't have the sea view. If you go off season you have a better chance...
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank David M
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments about the Beach Terrace. We are very happy that you had another great experience with us.

My Chef's team and I are delighted that you tried The Royal Grill room. It recently won the Thailand Tatler's best restaurant award. Thank you for your comments on this restaurant. We are also happy that your friends enjoyed it too.

On your next visit please try our other 10 award winning restaurants. I am certain you will enjoy it as much as The Royal Grill room.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.
We all look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

Reviewed 24 August 2012

We decided to stay in this hotel with our three children after a 20 day trip in Vietnam. So I was expecting a nice and relaxing holiday in Royal Cliff. I have booked a two bedroom appartment as well as a transfer from and to the airport, which cost 3000 THB each way. On our way to the hotel, a tyre of our car got flat, and we had to wait on the side of the motorway with our children for 1 hour 15 min for another car to pick us up, because there was no spare tyre in our car. When we arrived there was no excuses from the hotel staff about the incident. When I asked about the price for such a trip, they only gave us 50% discount, although I think that a 5 star luxury hotel (as they call themselves ) must have offered this trip at no cost for us. anyway, it's already nice.
The appartment that we had was nice, with a nice view on the ocean, although quite small for this kind of hotel and for the price. I stayed in bigger appartments for cheaper. The bedrooms were quite small, for example, there was no place to put a bay cot in my children's room, so I had to put it in our bedroom, even then I had to remove a chair from our room. There were no small towels and bathrobes in the room, the slippers have been already used. I called to have the towels but nobody brought them that day.
Next morning, I went to complain at the reception. after this, I got everything I wanted: towels, bathrobes and new slippers and even a fresh fruit platter. That's was nice, but this kind of problem should not have been raised in a luxury hotel from the beginning. The room must be fully prepped before the guests arrive.
Otherwise, the room was comfortable and quiet. The bathroom is big, with a jacuzzi and a shower. there also were two small balconies with plastic (!) chairs and a table.
Otherwise, the hotel is very big, has several swimming pools and many restaurants. The pools look a little old.
Not all the staff speak English. Sometimes we had problems, especially in the restaurants, because of this. They could not advise or explain the menu. the food in the restaurants was good though, we went to the Italian, Thai restaurants and the beach restaurant (breezeo) and always ate well, and not too expensive.
The breakfast offered a lot of choice but the staff always looked very stressed! It was especially there that they did not speak english. I needed a big bowl for my baby cereals and sometimes I had to ask several time before I could get it. On the terrasse there were no cushions on the wooden chairs, only on our last day we had the cushions. The omlette station was clearly super busy, the only cook preparing omelettes had several people waiting, why not to put another cooker there? Sometimes, there were no clean plates available, because the staff did not notice or just did not have enough time to put new ones.
In general, we spent quite good time there, not what I expected but still nice. The thing is that I was expecting much more from the hotel which is 5 star and called luxury. This is not luxury!!! It's just a good 4-5 star hotel.
Internet is of course not free.
Briefly, it's a good hotel, but do not expect too much!

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank Glandois
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 27 August 2012

Dear Valued Guests,

Thank you very much for sharing your comments about Royal Cliff Beach Terrace and for choosing to stay with us.

I was happy to see that your overall rating was good (4 out of 5 points) but was concerned to learn that some part of your experience was not satisfactory.

In particular, I extend my apologies for the fact that the car broke down during your transfer from the airport since I too have 2 small boys and I only can imagine how inconvenient it must have been to wait for the replacement car.

I have scheduled a meeting with the Limousine Service Provider (this service is outsourced) to give them a stern warning as they neglected to provide service levels as agreed with us (car should carry spare wheel). From our Guest Relation staff I understand that they actually negotiated on your behalf to convince the Limousine Service to reduce the charge by 50% and I will give them acknowledgement for assisting you and taking initiative.

Your comments about the room size, bathrobe, towels, breakfast service and the English communication level were discuss amongst the managers.

Once, I have their review results we will devise plans and actives to eliminate the weaknesses you pointed out. Your feedback is highly appreciated.

Quality and continuous improvement is of great importance here at Royal Cliff Hotels Group as it helps us to further grow our reputation and improve guest satisfaction.

We trust that your last experience will not deter you to visit Royal Cliff Hotel Group again in the future since your recent experience does not reflect the actual level of service provided.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back in not to distant future.

Reviewed 18 August 2012

We stayed over a long weekend for our family with 3 small children in a 2-bedroom suite. The rooms are nice and clean, has small living area for kids to play and watch TV, kids also loved the bathtub/jacuzzi in the master bedroom. Breakfast was a bit crowded but has lots of selections. There are lots of choices for lunch and dinner at the hotel ranging from Thai, Japanese and westerns. My wife and I put the kids to bed early for a romantic. We went to the Grill Room. Food was excellent and the service was impeccable.

Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 21 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for sharing your generous comments about Royal Cliff Beach Terrace.

I was happy to read that you and your family enjoyed the room and facilities.

Thank you as well for your comments on the breakfast and your dinner at the Royal Grill Room which will be great pleasure for me to pass that on to our Food and Beverage Team.
We trust we will be able to welcome you back to Royal Cliff Hotel Group for another visit very soon and we hope that you will take that opportunity to try the other award winning (11) Restaurants in the resort. In advance, on behalf of the Team and Management I convey our appreciation for posting your feedback on the Tripadvisor Restaurant section after your next stay.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back for another memorable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination.

Best Regards,

Reviewed 6 August 2012

What made this hotel - super ..?
1.Staff - awesome - so helpful - Catch sherwin the Guest relations officer, - he stood on his head for us.
2.the rooms - fabulous for the family - we got a double bed room apartment - the kids loved the Tub / jacuzzi in the room.
3.Pitch and putt golf, - a great fun activity for family, My wife, 2 children and me - played. its not often that you get all 4 people in the family to do the same activity - unless its something like swimming.
4. the Spa was super ... the sea and view from the spa room amazing.. and the treatment was an experience.
5. Two pools.... one was a infinity pool - a pool bar.. you really don't need to go into the city of pattaya for anything...

Downside...
1. Not a great option for Veggie food - well BKK is a bit tough on vegetarians.
enjoy..

if you are in Pattaya - don't even think of any other place....

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace - Exotic luxury.

I am delighted to hear that your family enjoyed their stay at Royal Cliff. We are also happy to hear that our staff, food and facilities met your expectations. I will pass your excellent feedback to our team. We are now in the process of adding even more facilities in the future.

With regards to the vegetarian menu I have already spoken to chef and we will create more options for diners. Thank you for your feedback on this.

We look forward to your return to Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests.

Reviewed 14 July 2012

We had our family from Klek (Serbia) visiting so we decided to spoil them so we decided to come to Royal Cliff resort.We had FANTASTIC stay.Rooms were fantastically clean and staff very helpful and very friendly.They made our stay even more enjoyable.
We had a Great dinner at the Breezeo food and the view were fantastic and staff very friendly.
I would HIGHLY recommend this Hotel to anybody that enjoys good food,cleanliness and great staff to stay at this property.
I have to mention Khun Pairat at the pool bar, he mixes mean Cocktails.GREAT !!!
HIGHLY RECOMMENDED.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Royal Cliff Terrace, room 215 great view, jacuzzi, very quiet. Just PERFECT !!!
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 July 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your wonderful review and for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace.

I am delighted to hear that you had a fantastic stay at Royal Cliff. We are also happy to hear that our staff, food and facilities met your expectations. I will pass your excellent feedback to our team. We are now in the process of adding even more facilities in the future.

It was a pleasure to have you and your family as our guests.

Reviewed 9 June 2012

We had a wonderful time at this hotel. We stayed in one of the family suites for ten days and couldn't fault anything about the room, service, food, facilities or the location.

I would recommend this hotel to anyone who is thinking about travelling to Pattaya

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 15 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are delighted you had a wonderful time with us. Our Family Suite was recently renovated.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Cliff in the near future.

Best wishes,