“Relaxing and Peaceful”

Royal Cliff Beach Terrace
Ranked #43 of 466 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 30 November 2013

My family have just returned from a fantastic four days at the Royal Cliff. We went with our son who celebrated his first birthday there and my mother. The staff at the hotel are all very friendly and helpful - they organised a complimentary birthday cake for my son which was a very nice touch and they all adored him, they would often entertain him whilst we were eating in the restaurants which helped us a lot. We were also upgraded to two honeymoon suites which had a lovely view of the beach and felt more private and intimate than the beach and grand hotel.
The resort is great for families with its large number of pools, restaurants and private beach.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank ALHM29
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 4 December 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for staying with us and taking the time to post your review.

It brings us great pleasure to know that you had an amazing stay with us. We enjoyed taking care of your son. He was very cute and our team has asked me to pass on their best wishes to him. Yes, they all adored him.

Thank you so much for your compliments on the hotel services, facilities and beach. There is certainly nothing more motivating to a service provider than to be acknowledged for a job well done and it's also my pleasure to share your comments as well as my thanks with all team members.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination!

We eagerly await for your return.

Wishing your family a lovely Xmas and New Year.

Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination

Reviewed 7 November 2013

My stay at this wonderful beach resort left me with wonderful memories to be cherished for a long time. Very big resort and yet personalized. I would like to thank the Management for organizing the complimentary Birthday cake in addition to the Honeymoon cake.
The Honeymoon suite was comfortable, but the complimentary dinner left much to be desired because the food was not special and not tasty at the Breezio, but the staff were very friendly.
The staff at breakfast were not friendly, maybe because of the peak rush hours.
The best experience was a the private beach where we were blessed with heavy showers which made it a special experience in the sea.

Room Tip: We stayed at the Honeymoon suite which was very good and had a perfect view of the beach and the sea
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank haresh2009
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 9 November 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace. We are very happy to read that you like our new honeymoon suite, the private beach and the beautiful views.

We are really delighted that you had a wonderful stay and we will remain in your memory for a long time. We enjoyed taking care of you and as its your special occasion we were more than happy to offer a special treat for you. We try our best to offer a personalise service to every guest.

I will speak with my chef to revise the menu at Breezeo and will train my staff at Breakfast to improve their service level. Thank you for your feedback on this.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all looking forward to your next visit.

Reviewed 27 October 2013

Our fifth visit - our first being about fifteen years ago - and yet again it lived up to our expectations. It is always a worry revisiting hotels we've enjoyed before but again it didn't disappoint. We always stay in the Terrace as the rooms are so spacious with the raised seating area then a large balcony overlooking the sea. The rooms had all been refurbished since our last visit and the crowning glory was the new ultra modern bathroom. The bath was deep to encourage a long soak (!) and the separate shower was lovely with a power shower. On this occasion we were unlucky with the weather but the charming staff and wonderful breakfasts helped compensate for this. The food on the whole was good - The Grand Buffet on the Saturday night is not to be missed. Our one disappointment was Breezos down on the beach. Although the prawns we had were very nice the portion was small and the spare ribs were sadly pretty poor as we're the desserts. We concluded that Breezos was more of a beach cafe - fine if that's what you want but it wasn't what we expected. We'll know for next time! And there will be a next time we hope as it still remains by far and away the best retreat in Pattaya we've come across.

Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
4  Thank Maureen B
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 29 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for loyalty towards Royal Cliff and for taking the time to post wonderful review.

It brings us great pleasure to know that you had an amazing stay with us. Thank you for your positive feedback on the hotel services, facilities and colleagues. There is certainly nothing more motivating to us than to be acknowledged for a job well done and it's also my pleasure to share your comments as well as my thanks with all team members.

I truly appreciate your feedback regarding the spare ribs and desserts at Breezeo Restaurant. We will discuss with our chef what went wrong as the spare ribs are usually very good. About the dessert I think we will need to add more variety.

Once again, thank you for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity & Fascination and we are all look forward to welcome you again.

Reviewed 12 October 2013

The hotel is part of 4 hotels and a new conference centre. It has 4 pool areas and 2 private beaches to choose from. Our favourite was the infinity pool that sits perched on the cliff top with views of Pattaya bay to one side and the view to Jomtien the other. Staff are polite and very helpful. Resort is a taxi trip away to nightlife that Pattaya has to offer but will suit anyone who wants to divide time for relaxing in daytime and out in evening. Trip costs change on mode of transport but generally 200 baht for one way. Hotel also has shuttle to and from downtown. A very enjoyable 5 night stay.
Only hotel I have ever stayed in that has a lift to the beach from the pool area. The beach can also be accessed from steps at lower parts of the hotel. Very good wheel chair access to all areas of hotel and beach. Clean private beach with warm sea temp.

Room Tip: If you prefer beach to pool book beach terrace.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank gabellone
Royal_Cliff_Group, Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 18 October 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for staying 5 nights with us.
We are happy to hear you enjoyed your stay and that you liked our new infini pool. Our staff were very grateful to hear that you complimented their service level. Thank you for your kind words.

We truly appreciate your positive review.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We hope to welcome you back to the state of exclusivity and fascination in the near future.

Best wishes,

The Management
Royal Cliff Hotels Group

Reviewed 10 September 2013

1) Location: This falls under the good / bad dichotomy. The property (which includes a total of four different hotels) is located away from Pattaya main strip. Thus, it affords much exclusiveness, serenity and respite from the noise and, um, color of Pattaya downtown. This is great as it makes for a wonderful place to rest and chill. However, some might feel it is too detached from excitement of Pattaya. That said, it is only a short and inexpensive ride to town, and back. The hotel provides shuttle rides (chargeable) at regular intervals or there are songtels readily available at the main gate and in town.

Geographically, the property is located on a cliff (hence the name) and the view it offers is simply amazing!

The private beach of the hotel leads to a public beach where there are beachside bars and food stall as well.

2) Amenities: Despite there being 4 hotels, there are so many swimming pools on the property that there is no overcrowding. Staying in different hotels give you restricted access to different pools, so there is no over-focus on any one of them. And then again, each pool is wonderful in their own right (with amazing views again!); thus, there's really no concern about being in different ones.

This hotel actually has a private beach for those who prefer nature.

There are ELEVEN restaurants here!! I wished I had more time to eat in all; cos the few that I ate in was really tasty. Breakfast in Panorama, with a wide and varied spread of good food. Amazingly, on the Saturday morning that I was there, in anticipation of bigger crowds, the hotel actually set up an additional egg station so guest didn't have to wait too long; this is something I have never experienced anywhere else! The Saturday BBQ buffet might seem a tad expensive but go for it!! The food served is definitely worth it. The restaurants and especially, bars all take advantage of the property's amazing location so that they provide awesome views while dining / drinking.

3) Rooms: Many of the rooms here have a sea view, and a balcony that just invites you to sit there and drink in the view. I stayed in a mini-suite which actually has a balcony that is wide and long enough to allow for two sun lounges on them. TV, with many channels and bathrooms with bathtubs further make for an amazing stay here, without even stepping out of the room. Cleanliness is well-kept and amenities well-provided for, including toiletries, drinking water and thoughtfully placed and provided furniture.

4) Hotel: The facade of the buildings here is impressive and pretty, with all the balconies to be seen. While the building might seem old from certain parts of the decor, the furnishings within appear well-kept and constantly renewed. I like that there are different hotels - and thus, many different room types - to choose from within the property.

5) Staff: Always well-staffed in every part of the hotel, I never felt un-served, even during the bustling breakfast times. And all of them have proven to be nothing but courteous and welcoming. Full marks here!

6) Other comments: If I had to find something to whine about, it is that strangely, the Sunset Bar does not allow customers to sign for drinks had there, insisting on cash instead. One would think that I wouldn't need to be carrying around cash when I'm a guest in the hotel, ya. But, not a biggie, just a little contrary to all the wonderfulness I have had in this hotel.

Room Tip: A sea view room is definitely worth it!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank Asperger_Singapore
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 11 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Cliff and for sharing your lovely comments about your recent visit.

It certainly feels good when the superior products and services of Royal Cliff Hotels Group get authenticated by our valued guests.

Feedback like yours is making a difference and helps to motivate our team to keep up with the outstanding service we strive to provide.

I was surprised to read the you could not sign for your drinks at the Sunset Lounge. I discussed this with the Food & Beverage Managers about this issue as we normally allow this. This was a mistake on our staff behalf and I do apologise. Thanks for your observation and input as we could correct this and re-train our staff to avoid similar in the future.

It was pleasure to have you as our guest.

We all look very much forward to welcome you back for another enjoyable stay with Royal Cliff Hotels Group – The State of Exclusivity and Fascination!

Reviewed 9 September 2013

My second time at this establishment. The first time I stayed at the Royal Cliff Beach Hotel, this time at the Beach Terrace. Booked 3 honeymoon suites (only ones available) for 4 of us. Hotel was very good. They ask for your credit when you do an online reservation, but do not charge your card. When you check in, they charge your card for all the nights you have reserved. Hence, I don't expect a refund if you happen to check out earlier than planned.

My first bad experience at check in - somehow the hotel had confirmed 6 suites for 4 of us for 4 nights. We tried to reason with them the logic of booking 6 suites for 4 of us, but the front desk did not want to listen to us. The reception manager was quite rude and insisted that we pay a cancellation charge of one night for each of the suites. Only with extended reasoning and many phone calls to her supposed supervisors, did she relent. Not a pleasant experience after an overnight flight and a drive from Bangkok. This is classified a 5 star hotel, but the guest relations are at par with a 3 star hotel. They do not speak much English, are very rude and almost make it seem like a chore to answer a question.

The suite was brilliant, awesome views of the ocean, very clean and the linen and bathrooms were spic and span. The lapping of the waves at night did make for a nice lullaby. Room service was prompt and very courteous and the people are generally quite nice. They do not linger around for a tip if you do not want to give them one.

The restaurants were very good - Panaroma was the coffee shop and the food was excellent. Me being a vegetarian had limited options here, but the options were delectable. Maharani is the Indian restaurant and we thoroughly enjoyed their fare for 2 days. The food was superb and the views from the dining room are to die for - you get a full wall of glass overlooking the ocean, the beach and the islands. Brilliant ambience - one of the best I've seen. Makes for a relaxing brunch.

Hotel facilities are numerous. We took the risk of commissioning the jet skis from the operator attached to the resort by the beach, fully aware of the jet ski scams in Thailand. But this guy was really good and very honest. Ask for Bank next time you're there. He's a thin, bald guy with a tattooed body. They are very friendly and located next to Sam's bar on the beach. We sat in the bar/restaurant after the jet skiing and spent a couple of hours talking to the locals and generally had a laugh. They offer a discount on the jet skis after 5 PM. We took 4 out the first time for 1500 baht each for 30 mins. The second time, we took 3 out immediately after the 1st round for 1500 baht for about 40 mins. So we were given an extra 10 mins, but it depends on how you haggle with them. But make sure you get the latest models and the ones with the 1300cc engines. We didn't experience anything close to the horror stories told by other travellers on the jet ski scams.

There is a shuttle from all around the hotel to the main gate, which is a bit of a walk. This is very convenient, but I'd suggest renting a scooter for the duration you are there. Makes things very convenient. The infinity pool seemed a great place to unwind, but unfortunately was under renovation. The spa looked very good, but quite pricey when compared to the massages available outside - the clean ones. It's about 2200 baht for a full body oil massage, whereas we got the same done for 300 baht outside in the city, which was very good. But I'd expect the ambience would've been better for the spa treatment at the hotel. They also do massage treatments in your room if you'd like, subject to a 20% surcharge on the listed prices.

The check out process was very efficient, except that the bellboy made a face when I told him that my friend in one of the rooms was delayed and he would be ready to check out in 30 mins.

All in all, hotel and the rooms are excellent, food is very good, but the staff leave a lot to be desired of.

Room Tip: The honeymoon suite was very good. Although I stayed alone, it did make for one heck of a stay!! Ask...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
3  Thank Jammi_jv

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for the time and effort taken to write such a detailed review about your recent experience at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace and for returning to us for the second time .

We are very pleased to read that your overall experience and impression was positive and that you liked the room, view and cleanliness.

Thank you too for the great comments about the food in Panorama and Maharani which we have passed on to our culinary team.

However, I was very concerned to learn about the issue you encountered during check-in.

We have checked our records and I can confirm that 6 rooms were booked through our webpage and in line with the cancellation policy of 1 night then a 'no show' charge need to be applied if booked rooms were not used (or cancelled).

Nevertheless, guest feedback and continuous improvement is of utmost importance for our organization and we therefore very much appreciate your input.

Concerning your remark about our Spa I like to share with you that our prices are very reasonable and comparable with other hotels. Actually, we pride ourselves to provide a great Spa experience and good value for money. We hope you will have time to enjoy our Spa during your next visit.

On your remark about the level of English I am proud to let you know that we just recently had heavily invested in staff training (and English classes) and can assure you that on your next visit you will be able to see improvements and progress.

We look forward to welcoming you back for another stay at Royal Cliff Hotels Group.

With kind regards,

Reviewed 4 September 2013

The resort is quite a distance from the centre of the city. But it is nice for those who wish to stay peacefully with private beach.
Hotel setting: The outlook and the rooms are a bit dated. The area around is pretty nice. Very beautiful and quiet private beach and large swimming pools, including a lovely infinity pool and jacuzzi. The bar is also nice decorated. I stayed in the honey moon suite but it's a bit disappointed. I was at first amazed with the room's decoration which was said to have recently been renovated. Very soon I found that the design and workmanship was not up to the standard of a 5-star. The bathroom was too small and there was no where to put your toiletries. Glass-partitioned bathroom with just a kind of cheap curtain to cover behind.
Service: The staff at the check-in counter was nice and seemed to be helpful. However, when I was told that my room would be at 4th floor, I was then given a room at 3rd floor. Anyway, I didn't insist that and accepted. They provided fresh fruits in the room, but only on arrival. The other day, I left a message requesting replacement of some fresh fruits but was never entertained. Anyway, the hotel sent us an "Anniversary" cake and it tasted good. The hotel provided free parking but it was always fully parked.
Catering: The breakfast buffet is just so so without much choice of food.
Location: It's in the South Pattaya and some distance from the centre city. Nice if you drive a car and prefer somewhere quiet and away from the crowd.
I like the pools and beach and the sea view from the room is really wonderful. I would have ranked it a 5-star if not for the workmanship and design of the bathroom.

Room Tip: All honey moon suites have nice sea view facing the beach. Request higher floor rooms.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Thho
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this reviewResponded 7 September 2013

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing Royal Cliff Hotels Group on your recent stay in Pattaya.

We were happy to read that you enjoyed the location, the pools and the private beach areas.
However, I was saddened to read your comments on the bathrooms and the service level of our housekeeper to replace the fruits. We are already taking steps to improve on this.

The other issues pointed out in your review were discussed amongst the management and the respective managers are taking steps of improvement to avoid similar in the future.

On your next visit we can ensure you that we give you a better experience. Thank you so much for your feedback.

Warm regards,