“Well deserved 5 star rating”

Royal Cliff Beach Terrace
Ranked #40 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Well deserved 5 star rating”
Reviewed 6 December 2010

I and my family had a 1 night stay at this hotel first, I feel very impressed with the front desk staff, actually we booked room type " mini suite mountain view" and we arrived at 3 pm when we contacted at the frontdesk the staff told us that the maid still cleaned up the room; therefore, he upgraded us to stay at Honey suite!. I have no doubt why the hotel is rated 5 star !! Whereas the nearby hotel located on the upper hill, the staff just let us to wait almost 2 hrs for the room.
About the room is just refurbished with big king bed size, sea view, and terrace. It is very cozy. The breakfast is superb; lots of choices, and very friendly staffs.
The beach is very good to lie down on but the sea is not good for children to swim.There are 3-4 swimming pools with the secure guards.
By the way, at the zone of beach hotel, while I and my family went to the pool, we walked pass by a staff guy, he looked at us with very impolited until I looked him back and he still looked at us with a bad posture, dressed like manager not a lower staff. Until now I didn't know why he looked like that.!!
However, I still impressed with the overall and I will come back again

• Stayed December 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank pat584
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this review, 8 December 2010
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you very much for your kind words. We were delighted you had a wonderful stay with us.
Thank you also for the feedback on our staff's behaviour. I will personally look into this issue and talk to all the staff concerned to make sure this does not happen again.

I hope we can welcome you back to The Royal Cliff in the near future.

Very best wishes,

Joachim Grill

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (45)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Edinburgh, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 November 2010

My girlfriend and I travelled to Pattaya for the first time in mid October. We actually tried two other hotels in the area but they were fully booked and luckily we found this one online. We were so happy to have stayed at this wonderful hotel. It has recently been refurbished and the whole room is an experience of its own. The room is a mixture of Thai heritage with today’s modernity. Trust me you don’t want to leave the room. We were situated near their new beach restaurant which had a spectacular view of the sea and nearby islands. The staffs were also great as they were always willing to listen to any comments you had. The only thing we were disappointed on was that there was a big construction in their main building. I think it’s a pool and I wish they had finished it before we came. This place is truly a hidden gem.

• Stayed October 2010, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Jakestens_85
Joachim_Grill, General Manager at Royal Cliff Beach Terrace, responded to this review, 24 November 2010
Dear Value Guest,

Thank you for taking the time to write such a wonderful review. We are delighted that you had an excellent time here. It was a shame that you came just before the completion of our new pool. We are very sorry for that inconvenience. The new infinity edge pool is now completed and so on your next visit you must try it out. There are many interesting features inside our new pool including Jacuzzi and pool bar.

We hope to welcome you again in the near future.

Best wishes,

Joachim Grill
Urbana, Illinois
Reviewed 14 September 2010

Excellent Hotel and Campus. Although it is located far away from the town center, it is excellent place for those who enjoy luxury beach hotels. One can enjoy the swimming pools, or an outing of golf. The spa and the massages are really something to not miss out on.

The hotel has its private beach and rooms facing the sea offer an excellent view point.

Stayed March 2010, travelled with family
1 Thank nilay32
london, uk
Reviewed 14 January 2010

The property is MASSIVE
It really requires a good team of staff to make the hotel run like a well oiled machine, and the staff went beyond. I never had to call a waiter for a drink. I was by the pool getting some sun, finished my drink, couldnt see anyone around by the time I got up to head to the bar in the pool, my drink was refreshed. outstanding attention to detail,

The restaurants serve high quality cuisine that was presented exceptionally - food for the eyes as well as for the belly. Outstanding breakfast, I would also recommend the Indian Restaurant - surprisingly magnificent

The best part of the hotel is that the owners live close by and take a hands on approach to the functioning of the hotel. I had the privilege to meet them - very hospitable and good people.

Definitely the best resort I have stayed at in south east asia!!!!!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
2 Thank AT_80london
Bangkok
Reviewed 6 January 2010

Just returned from a stay at the Royal Cliff Beach Terrace. First off, I must admit I am not a fan but Pattaya but the Royal Cliff has managed to convert me. All the negative things associated with Pattaya - questionable characters and dirty/subpar beach - you will not find these at the Royal Cliff.

In fact, I found the stretch of beach by the Royal Cliff to be really very beautiful, much nicer than Hua Hin / Cha Am, with white sand and clear water, not to mention a shorter drive as well.

Rooms are spacious, well-appointed and clean. Service is excellent, you can really tell the staff are superbly trained.

Breakfast buffet spread is high on quality as well as quantity; featuring Western as well as Eastern dishes. A perfect start to the day and an indicator of the hotel dedication to guests.

The hotel grounds are HUGE, which allow for a room type for every type of visitor. I think this is important as families, couples, seniors and business travellers can all enjoy the Royal Cliff. And as the grounds are so spacious, you feel like you are in your own world, so it is an excellent getaway from the hustle and bustle of Bangkok. There is ample parking and all facilities are well-maintained. I did not get to use the business/conference facilities but from the looks of it, it looks like a world-class conference venue.

Highly recommended for a fast effective getaway from Bangkok. I truly enjoyed my time there and my only regret is not being able to stay longer!

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
liverpool
Reviewed 26 October 2009

This was my second stay at the royal cliff terrace, what a hotel!! There are swimming pools, here, there and everywhere!!! There is a good choice of restaurants, but very expensive. The rooms are spacious and very clean, the staff would lay petals on our pillows and leave bowls of fruit and cake by our beds. It was my sons birthday when we were there and they left a big birthday cake by the side of his bed, he was delighted. The service is outstanding!!
The hotel location is great if you have small children. It is tucked away from walking street and the centre of pattaya. If you did want to venture down there it would cost two hundred batt in a taxi, which is around four pounds in english money. I would reccomend this hotel to anyone. What a great place!!!

• Stayed August 2009, travelled on business
2 Thank lydulee
London
Reviewed 8 October 2009

We stayed at Royal Cliff on the last weekend of our stay in Thailand. Since we wanted to go to a beach resort without having to fly down south, our Thai friend recommended Royal Cliff to us.

We got there on the Saturday morning and despite our hangover, our first impression of the hotel was very good. The reception offered us welcome drinks which went down extremely well. The family suite that we stayed in was just ideal for the last night of the holiday. The room was extremely spacious, sea view and my girlfriend loved the bathroom (something about bathroom and women.)

We spent the afternoon in 'Koh Larn' Island (another recommendation by our Thai friend.) We went there via the hotel speedboat which took about 30 minutes from the hotel. Neither my partner nor me had expected Koh Larn to be so beautiful and especially considering that Pattaya are not renowned for their beaches. What more can you want than white sandy beach, crystal clear sea and one that's not crowded? Well, beers please.

After spending good 4 hours on the island sunning out, we treated ourselves to the spa when we got back to the hotel. I haven't had many spa experiences (especially not in London!) but I must say that it was extremely memorable. If the day wasn't extravagant enough we finished it off having the hotel buffet by the cliff overlooking the sunset, c'est la vie. We slept well that night.

After checking out on the sunday, the staff were very kind to us and let us leave our bags with the reception. Since the weather was so good, it would of been wrong not to chill out by the pool. It was the perfect way to end a week long holiday, until the moment when the taxi arrived and we had a 12 hours flight ahead of us.

• Stayed July 2009, travelled as a couple