“Best hotel in the world”

Royal Wing Suites & Spa
Ranked #1 of 463 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 8 August 2012

First I want to apologize for the lateness of this review but as my vacation ended my father passed away to I was recovering from the loss. This is by far the best resort we have ever stayed in, as I have been to 42 countries that says a lot for the service at Royal Wing Resort. Bess and I stayed there in February 2012 and had a wonderful time. When we arrived we were fortunate enough to meet with Khun Gap (A Director for Royal Cliff Group), who immediately made us feel welcome.
Accommodations: Second to none. Our suite had a Jacuzzi to die for as I made sure to take a long bath in the morning and before going to bed as it was so relaxing. Each morning we had breakfast on one of our balcony’s which was enjoyable. The other balcony had loungers to lay back and rest if you do not want to go to the pool.
Food: Only problem we had, was that they have so many great restaurants that we were unable to try them all. If you like steak you have to try the Royal Grill located at the Royal Cliff Hotel. The Caprice and the Terrace at Caprice has great food with many selections. And you must go to Larn Thong for the Saturday Night Buffet. They have everything from King Crab, Lasagna, Steaks cooked in front of you, Japanese Tempura, etc….
The pool was great as they let you choose your lounging area and place your name on it so it is yours for your stay. Each morning they make up your loungers with a couple towels whether you plan to relax by the pool or not. That evening they clean up the area and pick up your towels, so all you are expected to do is relax. When you arrive at the pool they assist you with your bags and ask if you need anything to eat or drink. Later if you decided you want something just look up and they will come over to see if you need anything. Top service if I ever saw it.
We cannot brag enough about the staff. Khun Boonyachalayont would go out of his way to ensure all our needs were met. Khun Ekaluck-Head Waiter at the Royal Grill was exceptional ensuring the meal was just right. We had so many people to thank for a wonderful time that we cannot mention them all.
The Service all around is fantastic from the door personnel to the Managers and all in between. Each day Khun Nikom would ensure our room service was great and Mr. Hund (The Royal Wing Manager) would drop by the pool area to ensure everything is ok. As this is a family run establishment the family is very involved with ensuring you have a pleasant stay.
Speaking of family, Khun Panga is the Managing Director but when we arrived they were having a formal party down by the pool (after it had closed for the night) for everyone to meet each other, and after spending five minutes with Khun Panga she made you feel at home and as part of the family. She is such a charming lady. We met her husband, Khun Chan, who also made us feel at home as he is the epitome of a gentleman. I had met Khun Chan on a flight from Amsterdam which was the reason I visited the hotel and very happy now that I met him and that I visited the Royal Wing Hotel.
There were many activities that we could have gone to from Golfing, to sailing, to wilderness parks but alas we only left the resort once and that was to go to the Hard Rock Café. As we were on vacation we decided to relax and relax we did. Bess did manage a massage and we both took cooking lessons at the resort but otherwise we stayed by the Royal Wing Pool.
If I have any complaint it would be that we did not have more time to spend there but we plan to make up for that next year as we plan to return. Our sincere thanks to everyone at the Royal Wing Hotel and Beach Cliff Hotel Group, for making this a vacation, which will always be fondly remembered.

I wanted to thank you for setting up the vacation of a lifetime for myself and Bess. It has been a great holiday and we appreciate all that you have done for us. Khun Boonyachalayont has gone out of his way to ensure all our needs were met and we thank him for the wonderful stay.
Khun Nikom each day ensured we had great room service and Mr Hund always made it around to check on us which shows the great service you provide. Khun Ekaluck-Head Waiter at the Royal Grill was exceptional ensuring the meal was just right.
Many times when we vacation we will have an issue with the food, service, whether the water in the room gets hot, ect…. But this is the first resort that we have ever been to that we cannot complain about anything at all as everything has been perfect.
Of course the icing on the cake and what topped off our vacation was having a wonderful meal with Khun Panga and Khun Chan. Your mother has such great charm and it was wonderful to see your dad again as he is such a gentleman. They made us feel at home and that is the essence of this resort. You make people feel at home.
We will be highly recommending this resort to everyone we know and will be returning. On a side note if we can get the email address for your mother and father we would appreciate it as we would also like to thank them for the wonderful time.

Room Tip: All room face the gulf of Thailand so recommend one of those. :-)
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank TomPeterson
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 August 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent and detailed review. We really appreciate your compliments and your kind words give all of us inspiration to continually provide superior service.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest. Our team enjoyed taking care of you very much.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Wing Suites & Spa - Ultimate Luxury soon. In the meantime should you need any further assistance please do not hesitate to contact us.

Reviewed 6 August 2012

I stayed for seven wonderful nights at the hotel and could not ask for a better experience, everything was fantastic. The hotel's website can barely do it justice, the waterfalls, the peace and tranquility, great restaurants, the food, the fantastic grounds which are meticulously maintained and best of all the fantastic service provided by each member of staff.
The hotel is a great place to escape to and you can honestly spend the entire vacation on the hotel grounds, the manager Klaus Bodo Hund is a fount of local knowledge and great advice. His passion and drive really comes across when discussing the hotels.

If you're after a relaxing worry free vacation and a location in Pattaya you can take your entire family, this is without doubt a great choice.

Room Tip: Email the hotel, the provide a prompt and helpful service. They also organise transportation to/from...
  • Stayed: July 2012, travelled solo

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your excellent review.
Your kind comments are very much appreciated. We have recently finished making a dedicated website for the Royal Wing, it will be launched within next week. Please do have a look.

Your compliments are a source of great encouragement for our team to continually provide the most exclusive service to our clients.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. In the meantime, if we can be of further assistance, please do not hesitate to let us know.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Royal Wing Suites & Spa - Ultimate Luxury in the near future.

Reviewed 23 May 2012

The kindness and the efficiency of the staff go to make the Royal wing a true comfort zone, words are not enough to describe the pleasure of being looked after at this hotel. The restuarants of the whole complex offer a choice for all, Our favourite, The Grill, beyond comparison for elligance and taste. Many visits have not dulled our enthusiasm for Thailand and this Great Hotel, will see you again soon.

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank John B
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 1 June 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at The Royal Wing Suites & Spa on your recent visit to Thailand. We are delighted you had a wonderful experience with us. We have informed the Royal Grill room team that their restaurant is your favourite.

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return to Royal Wing - Ultimate Luxury.

Reviewed 2 May 2012

This is my 3rd review of this hotel over the years. This has been my 3rd visit in less than a year. It has been for me a destination of choice that has been fantastic in every way. It is a luxury facility were attention to detail was always paramount and small added touch's of care added to the experience.

Since my departure I have asked myself why I left the hotel with the feeling that I could take it or leave it in the future or that any similiar hotel at the same cost would have met my needs? I do appreciate the effords staff went too, to help me celebrate my birthday, however, some small but important things (for me) were notably absent on this occasion. In previous visits nice chocolates were left in my room every other day. This did not happen on this visit. Some nice cakes were also part of the little touch's left in your room a few times on previous visits, alas not so this time. Having said all that it is still a beautiful and most relaxed resort, but, attention to the small details (like cake or chocolates or service in the lobby) was somehow missing for me on this visit. Although I dont drink alcohol and it is not an issue for me, to offer a free mini bar without some beers seems a little pointless.

Service levels at some of the main hotels outlets were not as friendly as in times past. I think there is a reason for this with the constant movement in guests profiles and needs. I found the lobby bar at the royal cliff was distinctly unfriendly and unwelcoming, with tired and disinterested singers. Panorama was not as good service wise as times past The maharani restaurant was ok but with poor quality lamb. The service and food at caprice within the royal wing itself was of a high quality and fantastic value for money. The grill room (a favourite of mine) as always good, but one evening service was erratic because of capacity and an inability to manage this.

This was a relaxing 9 days however, with Pattaya itself getting more expensive by the visit,with the mafia like attitude adopted by many baht bus drivers (akin to that in Phuket) with dirty streets and unemptied bins, with distinctly more unfriendly people I do hope the royal wing and royal cliff will continue to ensure good reason for long term guests to return

• Stayed: April 2012, travelled solo
2  Thank paul026
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Owner at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 9 May 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Royal Wing Suites & Spa. We really appreciate your feedback. Please rest assure that I have personally discussed your comments with the Royal Wing team. On your next visit to us you will see an improvement. We apologised for any inconvenience cause this time round.

It is always a pleasure to have you as our guest.

We look forward to your return.

Vathanai Vathanakul
Vice President

Reviewed 9 March 2012

After visiting this hotel many times in the last 10 years everytime I leave I am more convinced it is the best hotel in the world.

The extraordinary staff anticipate your every need displaying the highest level of hospitality I have seen anywhere.

The food in the resorts many restaurants is excellent. The rooms are large with a wonderful shower and very comfortable bed.

The pool area is magnificent with a large free form pool that never feels crowded or busy. The pool butlers are on hand should you need anything. I also like the fact that every day I have the same deck hair already made up and waiting for me!

If you are looking for he ultimate in service and relaxation then there is no hotel that can come close! Go to the Royal Wing Suites and Spa!!!

• Stayed: March 2012
7  Thank TheCannyMans
Royal_Cliff_Group, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 14 March 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Royal Wing. It is extremely pleasing to learn that you've been returning to us for the past 10 years. We really appreciate your kind words and for sharing your experience to other travelers. Your compliments have encouraged us to continually strive for excellence.

I look forward to welcoming you back.

Royal Wing Suites & Spa

Reviewed 27 February 2012

The Royal Wing is truly exceptional in all respects- facilities, cleanliness, food, service, staff etc. It is without doubt one of the best hotels we have ever visited anywhere in the world

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this reviewResponded 28 February 2012

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Royal Wing and for taking the time to share your experience to other travelers. We are delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us.

We look forward to welcoming you back to Royal Wing Suites & Spa.

Reviewed 25 February 2012

We have just returned from a 3 week stay and would throughly recommend the Royal wing.
We have been luckily enough to travel extensively thoughout the world, but keep returning to the Royal wing because it cannot be match anywhere. A beautiful peaceful location away from the hustle and bustle of Pattaya town, but close enough to visit when you want to. The service is second to none from the pool boys who provide you with dry towels throughout the day, the attentive waitress's that serve your food and the senior management whom are always visible making sure your every need is attended to - It's simply the best.

Room Tip: All the suites overlook the Pool area and Ocean - just pick a smoking or non smoking floor and the s...
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled as a couple
1  Thank mike h

Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you very much for your compliments. We are delighted that you stayed with us for 3 weeks and wish you could have stayed longer. We always enjoy welcoming you to Royal Wing.

Looking forward to your return.