“Luxury and nice, but not that special” 4 of 5 bubbles
Review of Royal Wing Suites & Spa

Ranked #1 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
London, United Kingdom
“Luxury and nice, but not that special”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 14 January 2013

We stayed her for two days with our two children (1 and 3 years old). We got a warm welcome and liked the room with fresh fruit and choclate. We ordered a relaxing bath from the spa and when we came back the large jaccuzzi was filled with beautiful flowers. It was fun to have a pool butler and we enjoyed lunch at the pool. We visited the japanese, the italian and the thai restaurant. All had very good food, but the service was sometimes surprisingly bad. Ice cream at the terrasse at Grand hotel was one of the highlights that we can highly recommend. We had a very nice stay and little to complain about but still it was not as amazing as we had expected for this price.

Room Tip: For a family it was great to be on ground floor with direct access to the pool.
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled with family
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
1 Thank Akeleja
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 15 January 2013
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts with us on TripAdvisor.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest. We will certainly share your report with all our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades such as yours will entice them to further improve their services.

Looking forward to welcome you back again!

Warm regards

Resident Manager

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
Nagoya, Japan
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 January 2013

I stayed in The Royal Wing Suites and Spa in Pattaya for four days and found the room and amenities to be very nice. The service and overall quality of the property did not match the price that was paid. This hotel is located in a complex with three or four other properties and is supposed to be one of the deluxe brands offered. The problem is that the service does not match the price. There is nothing personal about the place. On two occasions I was treated poorly by the front desk staff. The first situation occurred when I asked about information on diving and was told it was better to stay in the hotel. After pushing further I was reluctantly given some information on the area dive shops. The concierge was not helpful and the feeling I got was that they were busy and not interested in my requests.

After this I needed a taxi to the Airport and I was only offered some very expensive options. When I asked them to get me a cheaper option by using an outside service they told me they couldn't. I asked again and finally they helped me with my request. The manager on duty flat out refused my request for help and only because the clerk was willing to help did I get what I wanted.

When I checked in I was given a welcome drink and was told one of the staff would come and greet my family once we received them. I thought this was a very good service and was expecting someone to thank me for coming and tell me about the hotel. Instead I was asked about my credit card and payment. Nothing was ever told to me about the property and the things it was offering or was I thanked for coming. It was actually quite embarrassing as they focused on the credit card and paying the bill in front of my family. I could have done that at the front desk.

In addition I ate breakfast in the hotel three of the four days that I was there and not once was I recognized when I returned. I was never offered coffee and it usually took three or four times of requesting to get a cup. Getting an omelet was a chore and in three requests I only got the one I ordered once. Each day I had to order catchup even though everyone in my family ordered the same thing. There was no personal service.

The room was supposed to come with fresh fruit and I did not receive it on two occasions until I called.

One other thing that was a bit annoying was how the hotel handles there pool towels. On several occasions I was at the pol and my family would go back to the room and take a towel or two with them. If I was in need of a fresh towel I would be refused if all towels were not accounted for first. I was told no on several occasions when I requested a fresh towel.

On a positive note when I was leaving the bellman came to my room at 4:00am and helped with our bags without being called.

• Stayed January 2013, travelled with family
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank CEZARSTRAVELS
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us during your recent visit to Pattaya. We were happy to hear that you like our suites and the amenities we offered. We were especially delighted that you were impressed with our bellman.

We really appreciate your feedback on the other areas which we need to work on. We are deeply saddened that you did not get to experience the true “Royal Wing hospitality”. As soon as I read your comments I called for a meeting with the Royal Wing team straightaway. We discussed on every issue you raised.

We can guarantee that on your next stay with us you will get to experience the true "Royal Wing first class service!"

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

Klaus Hund
Perth, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 December 2012

Our stay at the Royal Wing was pure delight. The suite was well designed with a great view and included a great big spa, not just a bath tub with bubbles. The food was delicious with an expansive range of local and international cuisine.The overall atmosphere of the place was peaceful and relaxing. To top it off the staff were very attentive, polite and responded assertively to any requests I had.
I would recommend the Royal Wing suites to anyone looking for some indulgence and something special.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled as a couple
1 Thank HayBruce
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 5 December 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Thank you for your compliments and for recommending our hotel to other travelers.

We are very happy to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. Thank you for trying our restaurants. We work very hard with our culinary team to always come up with creative and delicious menus.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest!

We are looking forward to welcoming you back to Royal Wing Suites & Spa - Ultimate Luxury.

Sydney, Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 21 November 2012

If you are seeking a secluded oasis away from the Beach Rd hustle, then this is definitely the place. Spent a relaxing 2 days with the ever so attentive staff making sure I was kept supplied with a steady stream of margaritas by the expansive pool. The nice little things they would do, such as bringing a refreshing cool towel to ensure I was not too sticky after devouring my complimentary fruit kebabs. The room itself was wonderful with two balconies overlooking the pool and the sea, a spa bath big enough to drown an elephant in, and the chocolate truffles served in ceramic heart shaped dish. Felt very privileged to have been spoiled so well. If you need to saturate yourself in everything Pattaya, a car into the main shopping and bar district will cost you 300 baht one-way. But why would you want to leave?

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
2 Thank Liza S
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Greetings from Royal Wing Suites & Spa and thank you for taking your valued time to write your experience about your stay on TripAdvisor.

It was a great pleasure to read that you enjoyed your stay at the resort, and thank you for your kind words on the food, the overall ambience, the room set up and the friendliness of our associates.

I have taken the liberty to pass on these compliments to the entire team which will be delighted to learn that their work is being appreciated. Thank you once again for choosing Royal Wing Suites & Spa to spend your holidays and we very much look forward to welcome you back to the resort in the near future.

Nørresundby
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 October 2012

Stayed last week at this wonderful hotel. Eveything exceeds ones wildest dream of a hotel. On top they have the most wonderful staff, extremely kind and helpful with every wish. This is indeed a place you do not want to leave, and when you do it is with one hope - to come back.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
4 Thank Ole M
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 8 October 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

Second, on behalf of my entire team at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay with us. It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

It is always a great pleasure and extremely rewarding to receive positive and encouraging remarks such as yours. The biggest compliment of course is to learn that we exceeded your expectations and that you enjoyed your time with us.

Looking forward to welcome you back again

Kindly regards,

New Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 September 2012

Our family stayed here for 4 nights and we had not even one complain! The driver was at the airport to pick us up at the airport and the experience just got better as we got our suite on arrival early in the morning with no waiting time! Mr. Hund was a gracious host throughout the stay and welcomed us on arrival and explained the Royal Cliff properties in details to us. The baby cot was in place and the resort is very beautiful with amazing views of the Sea.
The room is very spacious and the bathroom had one of the best Jacuzzi I have ever seen in a private room. The hotel can make different kinds of baths for you to relax in it! The room had 2 balconies where you could get amazing views of the pool and the sea or even have breakfast there.
The pool is great and so is the pool butler service. However, the highlight for our family was the morning breakfast at Caprice, which was excellent, but not better than the staff who are extremely polite and ever hospitable! i have never seen a better staff at any restaurant worldwide who would be so attentive and always smiling and never getting annoyed by the tantrums of my little two year old. Kudos to them for their hospitality.
We did hop over to other restaurants which were great like the Maharani (Indian), Lorn Thang (Thai) and Sea Breeze in the Royal grand hotel. These restaurants are really world class! The infinity pool and swim up bar at the Royal cliff was also great as there were very less people.
The beach is not really that great and we would recommend to stick to the great pools and the service over there.
Overall, we will surely be back there again!

Room Tip: Higher rooms are always better!
  • Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
4 Thank Dpak7
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 29 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest

Furthermore, on behalf of my entire team at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, I would like to sincerely thank you for choosing to stay and recommending the hotel. We wish you could have stayed with us longer.

It is always a great pleasure to receive positive and encouraging remarks about our services and facilities.

I have already shared your comments to all of my colleagues. They were very happy to learn that you had a wonderful time. Your kind words were a really big inspiration for all of us to continue delivering outstanding service.

It was a pleasure to have you as our guest.

San Francisco, California
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 September 2012

The place itself is amazing! We had an awesome experience while we where there and I wish we could have stayed longer. Outstanding service from the staff. Our spa experience was the best ever by far. I highly recommend Royal Cliff if your are looking for a complete relaxation. I would go back in heart beat if I will get another opportunity.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sorcor
Royal_Cliff_Hotels, Manager at Royal Wing Suites & Spa, responded to this review, 23 September 2012
Dear Valued Guest,

First, I would like to express my personal gratitude for the time you have taken to share your thoughts about us on TripAdvisor to other travelers.

We will certainly share your report with all of our colleagues and we are convinced that accolades such as yours will motivate everybody to further improve their services.

Warm regards