“Definately good value for money”

Woodlands Hotel & Resort
Ranked #43 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok
“Definately good value for money”
Reviewed 1 November 2010

We stayed only 2 nights, but can say the place is more than worth staying there.
Staff is very attentive and friendly, fast check in - check out. Laundry / house keeping, reception, restaurant - staff friendly, fast. Room was clean - also daily clean up very good. booked SPA package. Surprisingly friendly service also at Spa, although package customer
No problems getting appointment for treatment. Location is a bit of a downside - but then nothing is perfect - and the place is 100 % worth staying there.Will visit again

1 Thank BkMike

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (74)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Glasgow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 29 October 2010

Hi, my boyfriend and I booked this hotel due to the reviews of this website.
The hotel was fantastic. We arrived a few hours before we should have and were in our room with in half an hour. The reception area is very airy and pleasant to sit in with lots of comfy chairs and couches and tables.
The room we had was very spacious with a HUGE bed, I think at least 6ft! The highlight of the room for my boyfriend was the Masterbox, where he could switch on and off all the lights and the air con from his side of the bed, boys and their toys eh!!!!! ;-)

The pools were lovely and for people who have very fair skin like myself there was plenty of shade when required at all times off the day. Swim up pool bar is always a bonus!!!

The food for breakfast was amazing though I always opted for the toast or omelette. There is such a huge variety to choose from, cereals, fruit, natural yoghurt and fried breakfast. Pancakes and many local rice and vegetable dishes. Lunch, we sometimes had at the pool bar and the food was always good, good size portions.
The one thing that we did not appreciate, is the service charge of 10%, but this is standard practice in Pattaya and there where very few places we were in which did not have it.
The staff were always very courteous and polite and an added touch that I liked, was that every evening housekeeping came round to change your pool towels and ask if you need anything else for your room. On the few occasions that we were not in the room, we came back to find more complimentary water and our towels renewed.

Pattaya itself was really good, our hotel was a 10- 15 min ride away in the bhat bus!!!
It cost an average of 10bhat per person, but we used to walk about 5 mins down to the Dolphin roundabout and get on one there. There used to always be one sitting waiting, if not a short walk down to the beach will make sure that at least 20 will pass you and toot their horn. I loved that this hotel was a good bit away from Walking Street as it gave you plenty of relaxing time during the day.

The most hassle we got came from the suit makers! Very little in the way of pub and clubs and restaurant staff, which was very refreshing. There are so many bars, restaurants and street vendors that you are spoilt for choice. I had a few massages done while I was there, though not at the hotel. Due to price and nothing else. There are nearly as many massage shops as there are bars in Pattaya.

All in all this hotel for me made a great holiday. It is also somewhere where a young family could go and your children would be made a fuss over. The Thai people love children and from what I saw in this hotel, and other places we went, are given a very high priority.

There for me were not many things to fault, we had everything we needed and enjoyed our stay there immensely.
I hope this helps other people to also enjoy a great hotel.

1 Thank momac04
Hong Kong
Reviewed 9 October 2010

I definitely recommend this resort. Excellent location, friendly staff, quiet room and sumptous buffet breakfast. Spas and restaurants are just a stone's throw away. It is located in a junction where you can take a "tuk-tuk" bascially to anywhere. It might be a bit pricy by Pattaya standard, but in fact a bargain for a resort of this standard in anywhere else.

1 Thank Carolhk
Tokyo, Japan
Reviewed 8 October 2010

The Woodlands Resort in Pattaya is really two types of rental options (Residence/Suites & Hotel/Resort) on one complex. The great thing is you can go between the two places to take advantage of both amenities. Personally, I stayed in the Residence and Suites option because a meal and spa package was included. The hotel is located on the northern part of Pattaya next to the Amari & Dusit hotels as well as dolphin circle. It was about 5 minutes to walk to the beach and around 30 to walk to the central area. It is on the complete opposite end from Walking Street which provided for a quiet vacation.

The rooms at the Residence and Suites portion of Woodlands were beautiful and very spacious. The bathroom had a rainhead shower as well as a separate bathtub. Huge over sized bathroom & beach towels were provided. There was plenty of closet space for putting away clothes. A mini kitchen with a full compliment of dishware was provided along with a two-person dining table. There was a flat screen TV with about 75 channels in SEVERAL languages. From the 7th floor (top) there were good views of the pool and/or a decent view of the beach.

On site, there is an Italian restaurant that was pretty good and reasonably priced. The breakfast in the morning was REALLY good with options of fresh fruit and eggs to order. The hotel and resort portion of the complex had a French bakery attached which served crepes, sandwiches, and LOTS of desserts. As part of the complex there were three pools- a smaller pool attached with the suites, a kiddie pool, and a larger pool with a swim-up bar which also had several large pagodas to lounge in. The variety was really nice. The spa services were very reasonably priced with a great staff. You could do Thai massages, aromatherapy, facials, body scrubs, and many other options.

The only complaint I have about the Woodlands was the internet connection. It was very spotty and frustrating at times. However, we did arrive along with a US carrier which added several thousands of sailors into the city so I am pretty sure the hotel was full and the servers weren't used to being used so much. One day the servers crashed, but the staff was quick to apologize and fix it.

All in all, this was a GREAT hotel a little removed from the craziness that is Pattaya, but close enough to easily get anywhere you wanted to go. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Pattaya.

1 Thank ACox199
Perth
Reviewed 23 August 2010

I stayed here for a week in 2 consecutive months for work. Its a family resort but not that great for business travellers. The pool is close to some rooms so can be woken by pool cleaners at 6am :-) but it is a nice family pool area. The restaurant was pretty good but there is so much on offer in Pattaya you can try outside easy, however, i would recomend it for a nice "quiet" dinner with no sports blairing from TV's in your ears etc etc . The rooms on the main entrance side cop the bar noise from over the road so ask for a room on the side streets. The middle class rooms are best to me - roomy and not right on pool front ( noise). I wasnt keen on the fact the reception and bar/lounge area are not aircon. I could not cope with that at all. There is no lift so stairs to 3rd floor and all pasage ways to rooms are outdoors and not air con so there is no reprieve when you leave your room. I had to sit and wait for my driver for half an hour before driving back to Bangkok for an over night flight and was wet and hot by the time he got jhere - not good. I have recommended work not stay there but families and couples may find it nice if in bathers and sarong all day :-). The 2nd trip ,they had over booked and tried to put me in a lesser room a with 2 single beds pushed together , alarm clock then not reaching the tables, bed linen not fitting bed, no desk or power points unless under fridge area with an extention cord - no thanks. I had to complain at work to get the resort to shift me even tho the recption said it wa the room work booked and had refused when i checked in. I know it wasnt what my work books and I dont like people taking advantage of the single foreign woman traveller. I personally would not stay there again as i like a bit more air con and to stay somewhere better than i have at home...but i know some would like the relaxed atmosphere . Staff all very nice ( except when over booked) and location better for families ( away from walking street and some of the crazyness in beach and second road. The French Patisserie out front is sensational. SOme great little restaurants and close to Tesco if you need convinience shoppinf. some normal massage around and 20BHT pickup taxi easy to get, although not all go this way around the Dolphn roundabout . Can still walk down to beach but can be hot to walk home -

Stayed July 2010, travelled on business
1 Thank DownunderJP
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 18 August 2010

At B2,000/night I had a small room but it was clean and well decorated. Unfortunately the restaurant wasn't airconditioned and it was uncomfortable eating there. There are plenty of activities, restaurants and shops near bye. All in all a nice stay

• Stayed August 2010, travelled solo
1 Thank ricwoo2008
Perth, Australia
Reviewed 14 August 2010

We stayed here for two nights with extended family who met up with us from a different country. The relaxed atmosphere and pool scene made it very easy to chat and relax. We had a young child in the group and the staff were very helpful with warming up baby formula, providing child seats, etc

The location was outside of the main strip but was close enough to some entertainment like the Tiffany show and there were some restaurants and massage/spa facilities.

• Stayed August 2010, travelled with family