“Good”
Review of China Garden - CLOSED

China Garden
Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: After-hours, Reservations
Description: Popular Chinese restaurant, about a year old & mentioned on quite a few local forums
Reviewed 23 August 2013

Good English style Chinese sit down restaurant located just off soi buakao. Nicely decorated inside. The food Is fresh and very very tasty. Recommend the spring rolls, prawn toast, chop seuy, and draft Asahi beer. The service is ok but could do with improving the attitude of 1 or 2 of the waitress. The prices represent good value, It's not fine dining but still fairly elegant. Some of the dish towards the back of the menu I have found to have too much garlic so I just stick the the standard dishes.

1  Thank vino88

Reviewed 11 June 2013

I ate here a few weeks ago with friends aware of problems they had had recently. Food and service was spot-on and still in my opinion the best "foreign" style Chinese restaurant in town. The deluxe set for two is a great deal and the food is very good. I hope they keep up the good work after a shaky start to the year.

1  Thank Stu M
Reviewed 1 April 2013

3 of us dined about 8pm in December
High season
No problem getting a table
Only 2 other diners
The food was nothing special
Service good

Reviewed 23 January 2013

Well if you look back you will find that I have reviewed this restaurant before with flying colours to the point I even emailed the owners saying how good the staff are (no reply from him), many of the staff have now left there is a newish manager and it seems like the only way this restaurant is going is down, we last visited it in December 2012 and it was that bad I politly asked the manager for the owners email address, so I could tell him what was going on when he was not around but the manager said he did not know the owners email address (rubbish) I then left my card for the owner to contact me (never did).
It is a great pity to see a good restaurant go this way and I only hope that the owner put's it right before it is to late

Reviewed 10 November 2012

Worth finding for a Chinese meal just like you would expect in China Town, London, at a fraction of the price, 1000 baht for two of us. Excellent menu with all the normal favourites. Service fast and with a smile, newly opened and well appointed.
Even better as they will deliver your take-away.