“Nice experience!”

Chang Thai Thappraya Safari
Ranked #10 of 24 Fun & Games in Pattaya
More attraction details
Owner description: changthaithappraya safari pattaya city
Reviewed 4 August 2014

We took an 1hr elephant ride. I thought it would just be a boring walk in the woods, but it wasn't. We experienced going through the small pond, feeding our elephant... etc. Got many free photos, taken by our "driver" with our own camera. He also told us useful info about the elephant, but only in thai language (no problem for us though) There's also a good bar with ok price level... it's relaxing to get cold drinks after the ride. Free car transfer from the downtown included. Only negative things are that a) it's located quite far from the city (about 20mins car ride) and b) they try to sell you many things, photos, necklaces... But guys, this place is worth of visiting!

2  Thank TommyL1979
There are newer reviews for Chang Thai Thappraya Safari

Reviewed 1 August 2014

This park promotes Thai wildlife in natural surroundings. It is easy to access by taxi or minibus.
The elephants are trekked through a great natural backwater and into a river which adds a thrill not available inmost other countries of the world. A great way to spend an afternoon or morning. Oh, you do get a sea wave motion while riding the elephant.

Reviewed 13 July 2014

Took this one hour elephant safari on hotel recommendation. Immediately upsold from the 1,100 bht quoted at the hotel to the 1,600 bht including photo and bananas. Could have opted out but glad I didn't. Bananas were handy and the photo was well done.

Started out pretty average trek through woods. Guide spoke little English. About half way it became interesting when he allowed me to slide from tourist chair to elephant's neck. Guide took a number of photos on my camera while he led the elephant from the ground. Bananas came in handy and set up a couple great photos. Clearly the highlight was going solo on the elephant.

He did try to sell me some trinkets but didn't pressure when I said I wasn't interested. I did give him a tip that I thought was well deserved.

This safari does not look to be as developed or offer the options of the other. But overall a good experience as it was the first time I had ridden an elephant.

1  Thank LoriH8
Reviewed 4 June 2014 via mobile

I visit this place on 30th may 2014,tuk tuk driver just drop me off here.i pay 800 baht just for 20 mins of elephant ride in burning hot weather..there is nothing more to see here comparing such a high entrance fee.i don't recommend anyone to visit this place ever.

2  Thank ayus l
Reviewed 20 April 2014

I was recommended by the hotel tour desk to sign up for the elephants trek. The whole ride took about one hour. The cost was 1200 baht. I was by myself. The guide does not speak English. I bought a bag of bananas (100 baht) and asked to feed the elephant, he said no. I asked for his help to take pictures, he said no. Other than two "no", he simply ignored my other questions and comments. The whole ride was very boring. I got little chance to interact with either the guide and the elephant! I will never recommend this to others.

3  Thank Allison Z