“The best of everything”

Ranked #43 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
uk
“The best of everything”
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am in Thailand for 3 months and usually stay in the same hotel however where I was staying in Pattaya was tired so I searched a good a site for any deals and the Grand Centara Phratamnuk showed up at £45 per night sea view double room with breakfast so I came to look at it, it only opened Nov 2013 and is still in the process of a 'soft' opening although you would never know.
On arrival I met Deer the front of house manager who without hesitation arranged a tour of the hotel for me, after viewing the bedrooms, coffee shop, rooftop infinity pool, restaurants etc I was determined to stay here. Back in reception I was given a cold towel and a glass of cold lemongrass tea complimentary.
This was just the start of the hospitality they offer, all the staff are trained beyond anywhere I have stayed in Thailand before, this was around January 10th.
I arrived yesterday around 1pm and Deer was on reception 'Hello again Mr Michael, very nice to see you and thank you for staying at our hotel' Now I had met him for 5 minutes 3 weeks earlier and he remembered my name, then the General Manager Dominique came out to introduce himself,this is the most welcoming experience any hotel has ever given.
All the reception staff are happy, smiling, polite and knowledgeable with a great command of many languages.
I was shown to my room 608, large room, king size bed, immaculate decoration I could go on about the room but there is so much more to tell you.
Around 5PM Henry the restaurant manager introduced himself briefly yet when I saw him 2 hours later he remembered me again 'Good evening Mr Michael' this ability to remember you and make you feel special really enhances your stay.
At dinner I sat by the indoor fish tank which contains many tropical fish and 3 baby black fin sharks!. The food was delicious and the service again excellent, there was an artist singing in the foyer which joins the restaurant and he was that good you would think you were watching one of the 4 tenors.
Dinner over and up to the rooftop bar/restaurant pool area where a lady DJ was playing wonderful chilled out music, the pool at night is decorated by blue LED lamps and looks like a movie set, you can also dine on the roof either inside the Italian restaurant or Al fresco overlooking the sea.
As I had now come to expect the staff up here were also wonderful, welcoming in a traditional thai manner, opening doors and calling the lift for you.
Up for breakfast this morning and an international buffet serving food from all around the world, drinks to match and almost 1 member of staff per table.
Now I have only been here 1 night but the impression made on me when I came to view the hotel and the service, ambience, food, decoration, service, service and service are the reason I am writing this very early glowing review because if your considering staying somewhere I urge you to look at this location. Oh and they own a private beach for hotel guests only. I am sure I will review this hotel again during my stay but for the first time in a long time I cannot find 1 single fault with this quietly located piece of paradise, long may it continue.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel, the sea view is great but all views are I am sur...
  • Stayed January 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Michael S
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear mike simmons,

Sawadee krub and thank you for your sharing with us regarding your currently stay experience on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to learn that your one-month vacation at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya is already starting fantastic. It is very nice to have you with us and we are delighted that you are enjoying our venues, facilities and services. We will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your currently stay are even more comfortable and renewing.

Podcharak (Deer) Klintoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed in this new hotel with my girlfriend in early January '14. It was the best and most comfortable hotel I have ever stayed in.

I base this on three things: dining and recreational facilities, room comfort, and staff service. Firstly, the rooftop restaurant, bar and pool area is simply fantastic. Food and beverage was of the highest quality. One evening I asked for a mushroom cream pasta which I didn't see on the menu which was so good I recommend the hotel to make it a standard entry on the menu card. Also, the signature Centara Spice drink is probably the best cocktail I have ever had in my life. Furthermore, the pool area is so comfortable that my girlfriend and I chose to stay there two evenings instead of going out to other bars in Pattaya. It is essentially a sky bar which overlooks the sea. The pool area is quiet and not too large which makes it ideal for those who wish to escape from family-packed hotels with noisy kids. There is also a gym on the top floor which contains all the essential equipment minus a bench press. Secondly, the rooms are incredibly well designed and furnished. The furnishings are from Fendi. Every detail has been given meticulous attention; even the stationary comes in crocodile leather covers. The room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the sea, where I enjoyed to sit with my girlfriend, but also to work. There was also a comfortable desk area in the room. Thirdly, the staff's service was top-notch, anything I required was available to me. The staff in the breakfast buffet was very attentive, and the staff in the restaurant on the top floor were very helpful in recommending dishes on the menu. All of the staff was friendly.

The hotel is conveniently located close to downtown and very close (2 minute walk) to the beach. The hotel was ideal for my girflriend and I on a weekend retreat, but would likewise have been great for a business trip. I would probably not recommend it to families with many small children, as the hotel is not as large as some of the other hotels in Pattaya (with multiple pools, etc.)

This hotel really sets the standard for luxury hotels. If I come to Pattaya again, this is where I would stay.

3 Thank ADDE B
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear ADDE B,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and hope you are well.

Thank you very much for your sharing with us regarding your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleased to hearing from you that you have enjoyed your stay with us, be impressed the luxury design, our food taste & quality and satisfied with our associates high level of performance. I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your future stays are even more comfortable and renewing.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I read all reviews here before I arrive to Centara Grand Phratamank Resort Pattaya. Reviews all keep saying about service and friendliness of staffs and the manager "Deer". Reviews all make me expect the high level of service of 5 stars Thai standard but I'm worng. No don't get me wrong. I wanna say this is the first hotel in Thailand I met the best "Professional Service Standard" (repeat International Standard).

Since I arrived to the hotel lobby, one of the staff address me by my name. I've never met him before and his name is Deer. Shock!!! but much impressed. He escorted me to the check in counter and .... address my girlfriend by her name (Super shock!!!!! but very very very impressed). He surprised me again How??? I found a paper + history of my favourite football "Manchester United" on desk. How he know this??? I don't know. I must day this is all professional service.

Deluxe room is nice touch. I met all level of my expectation. High technology and luxury. Garden view is green with a big tree.

Breakfast seems small as the size of area, but believe me food chioces are exceed your expectation (Thai, Japanese, Chinese noodle etc..).

Pool at top level is beautiful ocean view but open area. it's so hot for me on the day time but of course nice.

End with check out, met Deer again. He and his team are professional and ending question "how's your stay". It's not just great but flawless.

It's more than a good service by 5 star hotel but it's a professional worldwide.

Two thumbs up !!!!!

4 Thank Jackhummer12
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Jackhummer12,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and I would like to appreciate you so much for you posting such nice feedback on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that our staff and I have gone way and beyond in assisting you throughout your stay and ensured that you had an experience worth remembering. Furthermore, it brings me great joy to learn that you enjoyed the luxury design of our Deluxe room, the pool on the rooftop, as well as appreciated the quality and variety of our buffet breakfast.

Reviewed 20 January 2014

This is brand new hotel,has been operating for 3 mths, and has another wing underconstruction to be opened in Jun'14. Everything is state of the art and brand new. The staff is super helpful from reception,bell boy, hostess at the restaurant and fitness trainer. Swimming pool,bar,fitness are on the 9th floor (roof top).. which give you an infinity edge decent pool and nice view. Quite small but well-equipped fitness. (everything smells NEW).
I could sit and read Kindle, and sipping drinks all day by the pool... the view is also nice by night.
For beach lover, the hotel doesn't have private beach.You have to walk a bit .. it's so so beach.. I prefer staying in the hotel.

Room Tip: Room on 8th floor is closer to the pool.
7 Thank ninlet
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 22 January 2014
Dear ooffradar,

Sawasdee krub from Pattaya, and thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review here on Tripadvisor!

I am delighted to hear that you had enjoyed your recent stay with us and were extremely pleased with our associates high level of service as well as with the facilities available at the hotel. It is a pleasure to read how much you enjoyed your stay with us. We put a lot of focus on training our employees to ensure an outstanding experience to our guests. I will pass on your kind feedback to all the concerned department you have mentioned.

Thank you once again for taking the time to post your review on Tripadvisor and we look forward to welcoming you back.

Istanbul, Turkey
Reviewed 17 January 2014

I was referred to this hotel by friends and it fully lived up to expectations. This 9 floor property opened last November and is located on the quieter outskirts of South Pattaya (approx. 10 minutes drive into the centre of Pattaya town) and within a short stroll from a beach and a few convenience stores.

A cafe and a restaurant are located off the open plan reception area which also has a large feature aquarium. A further restaurant, bar and pool are located on the roof terrace together with a fully equipped gym. The hotel is modern and has a very nice, trendy but relaxed atmosphere throughout. The guests were a mix of families and couples. There is a guest car park in the basement for which there was no charge. The staff were very professional, attentive and friendly throughout our stay. The Reception Manager, Deer could not have been more helpful.

We stayed in a two bedroom suite on the 7th floor which has views of the sea from the wrap around terrace. Our suite had floor to ceiling windows and was beautifully furnished, well equipped and spacious. The beds were very comfortable and there were 4 TVs, a DVD player, fridge freezer and microwave in the suite. There were sun loungers on the private roof terrace as well as a table and chairs for alfresco dining. I was tempted not to leave the hotel during our stay!

The master bedroom has a large en suite bathroom containing separate rain shower and bath. The cute smaller second bedroom is windowless and fitted with bunk beds, has it's own TV and is ideal for kids. Considering its spaciousness it is a shame the suite doesn't include a guest WC. The present lay out necessitates "little guests" sleeping in the second bedroom accessing the bathroom via the master bedroom.

An extensive buffet breakfast is served in the lobby restaurant daily. The selection was great and caters for both Western and Asian tastes.

I travel overseas extensively for both business and pleasure. I consider this hotel a real find, good value for money and my friends and I thoroughly enjoyed our stay. We will be sure to return.

Room Tip: As this hotel is low rise (only 9 floors) and is one block back from the sea front a higher front fa...
3 Thank Nickcullen
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 18 January 2014
Dear Nickcullen,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya, and it’s a pleasure to read your great comments!

I am so glad that you were impressed by the hotel facilities and hospitality service from me and our staffs. Our team and I are all looking forward to have an opportunity to be at your service again when you travel back to Pattaya in future.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 15 January 2014

Every hotel usually has at least one problem, but this hotel is faultless! We stayed for 3 nights and so happy we chose this fabulous hotel. It's so so beautiful and every detail is well thought out. Every member of staff including the lovely driver of the courtesy bus was helpful and so kind. They couldn't do enough for us; we were even walked down to the beach. We loved the breakfast and the chef brought me out my own plate of papaya!! The moment we entered until our departure, all staff were wonderful. Nothing was too much. We would definitely recommend this hotel. Thank you to all of you.

5 Thank Lyn B
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 16 January 2014
Dear Lyn B,

Thank you for your sharing with us regarding your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleased to hearing from you that you have enjoyed your stay with us, be impressed the luxury design and satisfied with our associates high level of performance. I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your future stays are even more comfortable and renewing.

Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 14 January 2014

A very special hotel with a special touch. Service was exquisite, over the top. It's a very trendy hotel with attention to detail and a sense on how to create a special atmosphere. The welcome team whether bell boy, concierge, reception desk, especially Front Office Manager always smiling, courteous, friendly and helpful. They must get asked the same questions dozens of times each day, but they respond with warmth and patience and good humour. They tried their hardest to make their guest feel taken care of and welcome.The room was spacious enough, bed was comfortable.

I can't recommend this hotel highly enough.

3 Thank Jewel K
Dear Jewel K,

Thank you for choosing Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya on your recent vacation.

I am delighted to read that you rated us as your favorite hotel. Your positive comments have been shared to our staffs and they too appreciate your kind words. I am sure every one of our associates will be delighted to take care of you again.

On your next visit, I hope that I will have the opportunity to personally meet you again.

Kind regards,