“Great!!!!!”

Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya
Ranked #43 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
“Great!!!!!”
Reviewed 6 February 2014 via mobile

From the moment we arrived we knew we had booked the right place. Rooms are beautiful with amazing view. Pool area is fantastic.. A little crowed but why wouldn't you want to stay around by the pool. Food fantastic. Staff absolutely lovely. Room service a real 5 star treat. Thank you much for a wonderful stay.

• Stayed February 2014
3 Thank Nicsadviser
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 8 February 2014
Dear Nicsadvisor,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the room, the pool on rooftop, and the level of customer service provided by our team. As part of the Centara Grand Hotel & Resort, our core value is "the best hotel in Pattaya". I have shared your compliments with our team and they were delighted to know that they had been able to play a part in enhancing your stay with us.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back to Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya.

Podcharak (Deer) Klintoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (67)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 2 February 2014

I have to say this is by far the most amazing hotel I have ever stayed at. Our
room was massive it was like living in a big condo. They have shuttle service to
the big shopping mall in Pattaya. The pool is on the 9th floor with great views.
The welcome desk manager named Deer (Yes that is his name) was the most
wonderful lovely person I have ever met and he is so knowledge about Thailand. I
wish I could bring him home with me just to hang out. The service at the hotel
was superb I couldn't ask for anything more. Would definitely stay there again in
the future!

3 Thank Skyhigh1235
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 5 February 2014
Dear Skyhigh1235,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and hope you are well!

Thank you very much for your sharing with us regarding your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleased to hearing from you that you have enjoyed your stay with us, be impressed our room and satisfied with our associates high level of performance.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 28 January 2014

There are a lot of very nice hotels in Pattaya, but the Centara Grand Phratamnak sets a new precedent for comfort, style, and level of service.

From the moment we stepped into the hotel, we felt like we were the most important person to the staff there. From the concierge to the reception staff and the Front Office Manager (Deer), we become the centre of whatever they do, the impeccable service is beyond word can describe. The room was not ready when we arrived, we were sent to the bakery to have a rest and refreshment. Then Deer walked to inform us personally that the room is ready.

The room was very clean and modern and comfortable.

The facilities in the hotel were better then I have experienced in comparison to a number of hotels around the world. Many hotels have a pool but there are not many that can boast a pool on the 9th floor with amazing views of the ocean.

Please keep up with this good work. We will definitely come back to stay in your hotel again if we ever visit Pattaya

Room Tip: The green side is recommended.
3 Thank VJ_tee
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 30 January 2014
Dear VJ_tee,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya, and it’s a pleasure to read your great comments!

I am so glad that you were impressed by the hotel facilities and hospitality service from our staffs. Our team and I are all looking forward to have an opportunity to be at your service again when you travel back to Pattaya in future.

Reviewed 26 January 2014

We booked for a couple of days and upon arrival we have been impressed with the design and layout of the lobby. The staff at the front desk was very friendly and accommodating. When entering the room however we looked out the window to find a construction side next door. Workers could look into our room and we did not feel there is any privacy to relax and enjoy, so forget using the balcony.

The room itself was luxurious but kinda small. The hotel has a nice roof top pool and bar but service levels need to be improved. Lots if staff standing or sitting around and don't pay much attention to guests, but their mobile phones. So we had to waive or go to the bar to place our order at times.

Breakfast buffet was good and had a great selection of international and local food.

Getting around town however is quiet difficult as you either have to stick to the shuttle bus times which in our opinion are not thought through, or you have to wait for a taxi that want to take you to town but as we found out later they overcharged us 300-400 baht!!! The hotels bellmen could have advised us
about it before running into the trap.

Another issue we discovered from time to time was a distinct awful smell from the drain pipe in the bathroom. Not very pleasant!!

The surroundings also don't match the upscale hotel, which is not the hotels fault but gives an unsafe feeling when ever we went out especially in the evening times.

The beach a view meters walk away was nice compare to beach road or other areas we went.

Overall an ok experience but their are better hotels around like the Sheraton or centara mirage we stayed in the past.

Room Tip: Construction next door
3 Thank LaurenceBer
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 29 January 2014
Dear LaurenceBer,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback.

I am very happy that you enjoyed the design and layout of the lobby, the service provided by the front desk team and the quality of the buffet breakfast, but of course I am very disappointed to read of your poor experience at our resort, and please do accept my apologies.

I am so sorry to hear we did not fulfill your expectations and offer a positively enjoyable experience. I genuinely appreciate your feedback as it gives us an opportunity to improve our guest experience, I have shared your feedbacks with our team and we are actually in progress of enhancing service levels at the rooftop, a drain smell and the local’s taxi pricelist.

Again, please do accept my apologies, and I do hope that you will provide us with another opportunity in the future. I am sure that we will be able to regain your confidence in your next stay.

uk
Reviewed 25 January 2014

I am in Thailand for 3 months and usually stay in the same hotel however where I was staying in Pattaya was tired so I searched a good a site for any deals and the Grand Centara Phratamnuk showed up at £45 per night sea view double room with breakfast so I came to look at it, it only opened Nov 2013 and is still in the process of a 'soft' opening although you would never know.
On arrival I met Deer the front of house manager who without hesitation arranged a tour of the hotel for me, after viewing the bedrooms, coffee shop, rooftop infinity pool, restaurants etc I was determined to stay here. Back in reception I was given a cold towel and a glass of cold lemongrass tea complimentary.
This was just the start of the hospitality they offer, all the staff are trained beyond anywhere I have stayed in Thailand before, this was around January 10th.
I arrived yesterday around 1pm and Deer was on reception 'Hello again Mr Michael, very nice to see you and thank you for staying at our hotel' Now I had met him for 5 minutes 3 weeks earlier and he remembered my name, then the General Manager Dominique came out to introduce himself,this is the most welcoming experience any hotel has ever given.
All the reception staff are happy, smiling, polite and knowledgeable with a great command of many languages.
I was shown to my room 608, large room, king size bed, immaculate decoration I could go on about the room but there is so much more to tell you.
Around 5PM Henry the restaurant manager introduced himself briefly yet when I saw him 2 hours later he remembered me again 'Good evening Mr Michael' this ability to remember you and make you feel special really enhances your stay.
At dinner I sat by the indoor fish tank which contains many tropical fish and 3 baby black fin sharks!. The food was delicious and the service again excellent, there was an artist singing in the foyer which joins the restaurant and he was that good you would think you were watching one of the 4 tenors.
Dinner over and up to the rooftop bar/restaurant pool area where a lady DJ was playing wonderful chilled out music, the pool at night is decorated by blue LED lamps and looks like a movie set, you can also dine on the roof either inside the Italian restaurant or Al fresco overlooking the sea.
As I had now come to expect the staff up here were also wonderful, welcoming in a traditional thai manner, opening doors and calling the lift for you.
Up for breakfast this morning and an international buffet serving food from all around the world, drinks to match and almost 1 member of staff per table.
Now I have only been here 1 night but the impression made on me when I came to view the hotel and the service, ambience, food, decoration, service, service and service are the reason I am writing this very early glowing review because if your considering staying somewhere I urge you to look at this location. Oh and they own a private beach for hotel guests only. I am sure I will review this hotel again during my stay but for the first time in a long time I cannot find 1 single fault with this quietly located piece of paradise, long may it continue.

Room Tip: I don't think there is a bad room in the hotel, the sea view is great but all views are I am sur...
5 Thank Michael S
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 27 January 2014
Dear mike simmons,

Sawadee krub and thank you for your sharing with us regarding your currently stay experience on Tripadvisor.

We are happy to learn that your one-month vacation at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya is already starting fantastic. It is very nice to have you with us and we are delighted that you are enjoying our venues, facilities and services. We will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your currently stay are even more comfortable and renewing.

London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I stayed in this new hotel with my girlfriend in early January '14. It was the best and most comfortable hotel I have ever stayed in.

I base this on three things: dining and recreational facilities, room comfort, and staff service. Firstly, the rooftop restaurant, bar and pool area is simply fantastic. Food and beverage was of the highest quality. One evening I asked for a mushroom cream pasta which I didn't see on the menu which was so good I recommend the hotel to make it a standard entry on the menu card. Also, the signature Centara Spice drink is probably the best cocktail I have ever had in my life. Furthermore, the pool area is so comfortable that my girlfriend and I chose to stay there two evenings instead of going out to other bars in Pattaya. It is essentially a sky bar which overlooks the sea. The pool area is quiet and not too large which makes it ideal for those who wish to escape from family-packed hotels with noisy kids. There is also a gym on the top floor which contains all the essential equipment minus a bench press. Secondly, the rooms are incredibly well designed and furnished. The furnishings are from Fendi. Every detail has been given meticulous attention; even the stationary comes in crocodile leather covers. The room had a wonderful balcony overlooking the sea, where I enjoyed to sit with my girlfriend, but also to work. There was also a comfortable desk area in the room. Thirdly, the staff's service was top-notch, anything I required was available to me. The staff in the breakfast buffet was very attentive, and the staff in the restaurant on the top floor were very helpful in recommending dishes on the menu. All of the staff was friendly.

The hotel is conveniently located close to downtown and very close (2 minute walk) to the beach. The hotel was ideal for my girflriend and I on a weekend retreat, but would likewise have been great for a business trip. I would probably not recommend it to families with many small children, as the hotel is not as large as some of the other hotels in Pattaya (with multiple pools, etc.)

This hotel really sets the standard for luxury hotels. If I come to Pattaya again, this is where I would stay.

3 Thank ADDE B
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 24 January 2014
Dear ADDE B,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and hope you are well.

Thank you very much for your sharing with us regarding your recent stay experience on Tripadvisor. It’s very pleased to hearing from you that you have enjoyed your stay with us, be impressed the luxury design, our food taste & quality and satisfied with our associates high level of performance. I do hope that you have the opportunity to stay with us again and we will certainly do our best to exceed your expectations and make your future stays are even more comfortable and renewing.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 January 2014

I read all reviews here before I arrive to Centara Grand Phratamank Resort Pattaya. Reviews all keep saying about service and friendliness of staffs and the manager "Deer". Reviews all make me expect the high level of service of 5 stars Thai standard but I'm worng. No don't get me wrong. I wanna say this is the first hotel in Thailand I met the best "Professional Service Standard" (repeat International Standard).

Since I arrived to the hotel lobby, one of the staff address me by my name. I've never met him before and his name is Deer. Shock!!! but much impressed. He escorted me to the check in counter and .... address my girlfriend by her name (Super shock!!!!! but very very very impressed). He surprised me again How??? I found a paper + history of my favourite football "Manchester United" on desk. How he know this??? I don't know. I must day this is all professional service.

Deluxe room is nice touch. I met all level of my expectation. High technology and luxury. Garden view is green with a big tree.

Breakfast seems small as the size of area, but believe me food chioces are exceed your expectation (Thai, Japanese, Chinese noodle etc..).

Pool at top level is beautiful ocean view but open area. it's so hot for me on the day time but of course nice.

End with check out, met Deer again. He and his team are professional and ending question "how's your stay". It's not just great but flawless.

It's more than a good service by 5 star hotel but it's a professional worldwide.

Two thumbs up !!!!!

4 Thank Jackhummer12
Podcharak K, Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 23 January 2014
Dear Jackhummer12,

Thank you for choosing to stay with us at Centara Grand Phratamnak Resort Pattaya and I would like to appreciate you so much for you posting such nice feedback on tripadvisor.

I am delighted to learn that our staff and I have gone way and beyond in assisting you throughout your stay and ensured that you had an experience worth remembering. Furthermore, it brings me great joy to learn that you enjoyed the luxury design of our Deluxe room, the pool on the rooftop, as well as appreciated the quality and variety of our buffet breakfast.