“Great hotel, great staff”

Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya
Ranked #45 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok, Thailand
“Great hotel, great staff”
Reviewed 1 September 2014

I stayed here for only one night, was very impressed overall and will use it again. The room was large with a comfortable bed, balcony, nice bathroom and great amenities. The staff was very friendly and efficient. I didn't have breakfast as I had an early start, but had a peek and it looked fantastic. I'll book with breakfast next time! Had dinner in the roof restaurant - food, staff and ambiance was very good, the views lovely. The location is fine - away from the nastiness of Pattaya, but just a short ride to anywhere you need to go. there are some small restaurants and massages places nearby. It's a minute away from a course sand beach. Fitness room and pool on the roof are nice, although the fitness room was quite cold.

Room Tip: For a view, rooms above 5th floor.
  • Stayed August 2014, travelled with friends
4 Thank cmchaam
Podcharak K, Executive Assistant Manager - Rooms at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 4 September 2014
Dear cmchaam,

Thank you for choosing to stay at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya and for the time that you have taken to share your feedback with us.

I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the spaciousness of our room, our breakfast, our rooftop pool, Fitness room and the level of customer service provided by our team. I also noted your comment about the temperature in our fitness room and informed to the team. We continuously strive to consistency the level of our services and your compliments have been shared with the team to recognize their efforts.

We all look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Podcharak (Deer) Klintoe

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (68)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 17 August 2014 via mobile

Three of my friends and I visited this hotel for 3 days. Tanya at the front desk was so helpful and made our stay here very special! Pond our bellboy was the nicest person I have met in Thailand so far, and I don't think I saw him once without a huge smile on his face! We had a couple issues with our bathroom, and they did not hesitate to upgrade us to a Family suite! I will defiantly be coming back here for sure!

Stayed August 2014
4 Thank Phil M
Podcharak K, Room Division Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 18 August 2014
Dear Phil M,

Sawasdee krub from Pattaya, and thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review here on Tripadvisor!

I am of course delighted that you enjoyed your stay and satisfied with our associates high level of performance. I shall of course pass on your very kind comments to our staffs. Our hotel is fortunate to have a great team of people taking care of our guests at the resort. I noted your comments about the bathroom. I will discuss with the team about this to make your next stay more comfortable.

Our team and I are all looking forward to have an opportunity to be at your service again in the very near future and ensuring you had everything you need for a relaxing stay.

Once again, we thank you for your valuable feedback.

India
Reviewed 30 July 2014

Went for Honeymoon, Hotel staff was very courteous, Breakfast was great to our taste buds.Enjoyed Evening Latte's at Ruffino and Pizza's at Oceana.One of the greatest services offered. The interior was Sea theme based and was really catchy to eyes..
A special mention to Ms. Tatiana and Mr. Deer who arranged a surprise cake and room deco for a newly wed couple..Also morning staff at the buffet was so helping in serving you the right and quickest food as possible.The rooms were very clean and automated by a central navigation system available in room itself ..
I loved the rootop pool view a lot.
Thanks everyone for making my 3 days stay a blessing.

Room Tip: chose a beach view facing room with Balcony and trust me the view was great..
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
6 Thank Lovely N
Podcharak K, Room Division Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 4 August 2014
Dear Lovely N,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, and thank you so much for take the time post such nice comments on tripadvisor.

I am delight to hear that you have an uplifting and enjoyable stay in Pattaya, and our staffs were friendly and accommodating. I have already passed on your words to our teams, it is inspiring for everyone here that we were able to meet your satisfaction.

Once again, thank you for your valuable feedbacks, we most certainly look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

I stayed at Centara Grand Phratamnak for the second time and it's definitely one of the most fantastic hotel in Pattaya. The service and staff are superb. The rooms are magnificent, very clean and decorated with great devotion to detail. The restaurants Ruffino and Oceana and wonderful facilities are perfect. The rooftop pool is overlooking the sea and quiet and relax beach is just opposite the road. I highly recommend getting a sea view room, just a fabulous hotel with amazing service! Second stay was as wonderful as first one and will be back again for sure! Love this hotel :)

• Stayed July 2014
3 Thank HolidayFever2000
Podcharak K, Room Division Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 20 July 2014
Dear Santisuk P,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya again and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive comments and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed our room, the restaurants, the rooftop pool and the level of customer service provided by our team. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.

Heidelberg, Germany
Reviewed 16 July 2014

During my recent stay in Pattaya I spent 5 days in the Centara Grand Hotel. They pretend to be the only 5star Hotel in Pattaya. But is it really 5 star? To be honest ; no, it is not and I will tell you why: There is no doubt that all the material used in this Hotel is of very high quality. But a 5 star hotel must have the focus not only on furniture from Italy and crystal lighting from Swarowski but also , and mainly,on the comfort for the guest.
When I checked in, they gave me room on second floor where I could easily listen to the piano music from the lobby. I asked for a room change with sea view and they proudly " upgraded" me to 7th floor, where I really could see the sea. Wonderful I thought, but just opposite of the street there was big construction work going on all day long till deep in the night. There was absolutely no chance to sit outside on the balcony and enjoy the seaview. What did the staff at the reception think, when they gave me the "upgrade"? No word about possible noise The aircond was so loud, even with the fan on lo, so that you had to decide either to sleep and sweat or stay cool but awake. In a 5 star Hotel this is simply impossible. The room was quite small with only one chair and a small desk. The wall paper, from Italy, was loose in some areas and the finish was done everything but carefully or even professionell in the whole room, in the bathroom the cold water tab was loose as well and in the first night I had to fight a cockroach in my bathroom.
The pool area is fantastic and outstanding. Breakfast buffet is international standard with fresh juices. This Centara GrandHotel has the potential for a five star Hotel but a lot of improvement has to be taken.

• Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
8 Thank Werner S
Podcharak K, Room Division Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 18 July 2014
Dear Werner S,

Thank you very much for taking the time to post your feedback

I am very happy that you enjoyed the luxury design, layout of the lobby and our pool area, but of course I am very disappointed to read of your poor experience at our hotel, and please do accept my apologies.

We certainly sometimes make mistakes at the hotel, but normally have excellent feedback about the sincerity and helpfulness of the team that are working here. We genuinely appreciate your feedback especially during on your stay as it gives us an opportunity to resolve the problems while we were informed.

Again, please do accept my apologies, and rest assured that I will do everything to ensure it never happens again.

Reviewed 16 July 2014

This brand new hotel had opened just for nine months, but everythings worked out so well. A quaint hotel with very good hotel staffs welcome, you would feel so much like home. Beautiful hotel exterior design as well as interior and also it is very clean, I had good sleep here. I love their rooftop which has bar, fitness, and pool with hot tub. Overall I like this hotel and I would love to be back here again :)

Room Tip: Request for a Higher floor room because it has sea view.
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled with family
3 Thank Thanawat W
Dear Thanawat W,

Sawasdee krub from Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, and thank you very much for taking time to share your great comments on Tripadvisor.

We are extremely happy that you enjoyed your experience and had a wonderful time with us. Thank you for your kind words about our service, the cleanliness and design of our hotel, gym and our rooftop pool. We will strive to continue do everything possible and make sure your future stays at Pattaya are even more memorable and uplifting.

Bangkok, Krung Thep, Thailand
Reviewed 2 July 2014 via mobile

Glamorous lobby filled with designers furnitures and a grand piano as a center piece. Hanging Jelly fish chandeliers and amazing exotic fish tank featuring baby sharks are on display.
The room I got had all the amenities, welcome snacks and 2 cubes of tasty chocolate. Very comfortable bedding with a pillow menu to your taste, truly, I felt very spoiled.
The rooftop restaurant Ruffini was 1 St class, I enjoyed the mushroom soup and an array of cold cuts.
You must visit the rooftop bar and pool, sunset there was breathtaking (see photos)
I stayed one night, I plan to visit again soon.

Stayed July 2014, travelled on business
4 Thank Fufu Z
Podcharak K, Room Division Manager at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear Fufu M,

Thank you very much for choosing to stay at Centara Grand Phratamnak Pattaya and for the time that you have taken to write a review.

It is always a great pleasure to receive such positive comments and I was delighted to read that you had enjoyed the lobby's design, our room, Ruffino and pool area, the food and beverage selections and the level of customer service provided by our team. Your compliments have been shared with the team and we look forward to the next pleasant opportunity of welcoming you back.