“Chic, elegant and top notch customer service”
Review of Wave Hotel

Wave Hotel
Ranked #6 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Redondo Beach, California
“Chic, elegant and top notch customer service”
Reviewed 22 February 2014

In the middle of buzzing Pattaya is an oasis, a boutique hotel, which features ocean front views, elegant, large rooms, great outdoor dining and on of the best service I have encountered in Thailand. It's a brand new hotel and we stayed during their soft opening. With only 18 rooms and attentive staff, you know you are being taken care of. Upon arrival we were greeted by the hotel manager Nim with cool, wet towels and a a refreshing drink. The room was available, even 2 hours before the check in time and we were shown all the features of our oasis for the next 2 nights. The rooms are large and friendly, all with a small balcony and despite the beach road in front of the hotel, there was no noise to hear at night or in the morning. The beds were super comfortable and with a tub and walk in shower with rain shower head and a 2 sink bathroom, there was nothing to be missed away from home.
Breakfast was included and featured mainly Western food, made to order and presented nicely on the outdoor patio. We had dinner one night and service and food were outstanding.
The decor is Miami South Beach style in the lobby and public areas, but the rooms are simply elegant and contemporary.
The best about this hotel is the service. It's the small things which matter and for the staff knowing even which floor we were staying and pressing the right button in the elevator when we cam from a night out, was one of those little things.
I am a professional travel consultant and have stayed in countless hotels, but The Wave really stood out from the rest. I highly recommend it.

Tip: the pool is small, but enough for the 18 rooms. You can visit the pool of their sister hotel right behind The Wave, which features more space and chairs.

Room Tip: All rooms have a balcony, but you probably want to get one on the higher floor to have a better view...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
7 Thank Chris W

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (83)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Hebrew first
  • Thai first
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 22 February 2014

Fall in love Twilight Suite during my stay lay out was excellent room was clean.
Breakfast with wide choice of selection.
Location is withing walking distance to all tourist spot e.g:walking street,central festival shopping....etc

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Valentino N
Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

The hotel is brand new, and in one word incredible. The Miami Art Deco theme works well to give the hotel an intimate yet classy atmosphere. This all starts with the imposing customised Cadillac parked outside, and continues inside.

The layout of the rooms, with huge bath, separate toilet, shower and double basin, is nothing short of the best I've ever seen for the size.

We had a top class view over a sunset ocean from our balcony. The air conditioning was great.

Staff treated us with top expertise and friendliness. Breakfast was truly a feast, with first class table service.

A word of caution to management: Because of its intricate decor and tiling, this hotel will take a lot of work to keep in tip top shape. In places the hint of dust building up in the specially cut tile work or on picture frames shows that this hotel needs a cleaning effort that is a touch above what it currently receives.

Stayed February 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Hendrik B
Seattle, Washington
Reviewed 19 February 2014

My family traveled to Patttaya with the original intention of staying at a villa we rented through airbnb. Unfortunately, the villa was a disaster, and we were stuck without a suitable place to stay in Pattaya. A quick web search led us to Wave Hotel, and we couldn't be happier! Nim Laksanasut, the hotel's General Manager, was able to get us three rooms right away, and at a great rate to boot. This was quite a feat considering we were traveling with my in-laws, my 16-year old son, as well as our infant!

The hotel is a lovely gem within walking distance of all the fun things to do in Pattaya. The staff is incredibly friendly and accommodating, the rooms are breathtaking, the pool is to die for, and the daily breakfast was wonderful.

The overall experience was just perfect!

• Stayed August 2013, travelled with family
3 Thank GerryMiller
Toronto
Reviewed 18 February 2014

I stayed here twice on my trip to Thailand, the first time for about 5 nights before I went on a business trip to Manila and the second time for about 10 nights after coming back from Philippines and Chiang Mai. The fact that I came back and stayed a further 10 nights is testament alone to how great this hotel is. In fact, I could not wait to come back once I left and was truly sad to leave.

I own and operate a small boutique hotel in Canada and have been travelling for two months in Asia on business, which on this trip has also taken me to Myanmar and Philippines as well as throughout Thailand. Needless to say, I have stayed in many hotels on my travels and I travel every year to Asia for business.

This is without any doubt one of the top hotels I have ever stayed at, especially if you love small cool, chic, boutique style hotels with premium service. The staff here truly make you feel like this is your home and they are your family, such that you never actually want to leave.

I am not a huge fan of Pattaya generally, but because of the political protest problems in Bangkok, I made this my base, rather than stay in the other great boutique hotel I usually stay in when in Bangkok. The fantastic reviews are fully deserved.

This is a new hotel, ultra modern, with premium amenities, and truly makes you feel like you are in south breach Miami. It is an oasis of tranquility, cleanliness, and attentive friendly service. There is a great selection of free in room movies, bath tub and shower, hard wood floors and all rooms face the ocean with balconies. The bed linens are excellent and changed daily and the room cleanliness is impeccable. In the afternoon, they brought me a complimentary fruit dish and the pool area is kept clean with private cabanas to relax at.

As with any new hotel, there are always a few kinks to work out, but any time there was any issue the staff were there immediately to look after things. I would also suggest that the ownership consider putting mosquito screens on the balcony doors so that guests can enjoy the ocean breeze at night and leave the door open, without having to worry about mosquitos.

The management of this hotel is outstanding and, as with other reviewers, I need to especially commend Khun Nim the manager here, who I wanted to kidnap to run my hotel in Canada She is a truly kind, hospitable, pleasant and professional manger and that attitude is reflected in her staff. She deserves great credit as does the ownership for choosing her to run this hotel. She truly made me feel welcome as did all the wonderful staff.

I want to especially commend the restaurant staff Mo, Tum, Muy, Tuk and Pradit who were all great. Mo, Pradit and Tum anticipated my every request at breakfast, such that they knew exactly what I wanted even before I asked, I will miss their great service. As well, special mention needs to go to all the front desk, including especially Nil, Ida and Alice and the rest whose names I can not remember but were equally fantastic. Indeed, even the hotel security guards were pleasant and happy and made you feel at home.

From top to bottom, this is a first rate hotel and I thank you for making my stay so pleasant and memorable and look forward to coming here when I return to Thailand next year.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Francesco C
Espoo, Finland
Reviewed 18 February 2014

Very nice boutique hotel in Pattaya. The hotel is only 6 months old, and everything is so fresh and new. The staff is very good and in small hotel, they all know you from very first moment.

My only negative point was slow breakfast. If you busy in the morning, you are not able to eat your breakfast in 10 minutes. In buffet breakfast this is possible.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Netmikko
Montreal, Canada
Reviewed 9 February 2014

Loved staying at Wave hotel. We stayed at Wave for a week. The location is excellent, very good breakfast, staff extremely friendly and helpful. Had a little trouble with airconditionning but they reacted promptly to solve the problems. The beach is crowded but the hotel has a very nice pool and very good service. If you want a nice clean beach, a trip to Ko Larn island is a must. All in all a great place to stay and the staff will do everything to make your vacation perfect.

• Stayed January 2014, travelled as a couple