“Good Hotel”

Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya
Ranked #74 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 17 September 2013

I was here in the year 2012. It was our corporate tour from an International Company. The location of this hotel is very nice, The famous Pattaya beach and the beach road are just few meters away from this hotel. The room service of this hotel is very nice. I like it's swimming pool. As it was our company's tour so I had no tension about it's tariff. But later when I asked about the tariff it was in budget figure. The overall experience is very good. And more the famous go go bars are just opposite of this hotel.

• Stayed: October 2012, travelled on business
1  Thank ARUNAVAsaha

Reviewed 29 August 2013

I have stayed at this hotel a number of times in my travels in Thailand. It is not too shabby in terms of it's decor and rooms, just a little out of the way from the main nightlife area, 'Walking Street' the nearest beach is not too good either but if you prefer nicer beaches Pattaya is not the place to go. Try Koh Chang not as large or as over subscribed as Phuket or Koh Samui.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled solo
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

This hotel belongs now to Eastin group. Overall a very nice hotel with great central location.

Certainly a good choice for me , traveling by car and with family (two small kids)

My full review you can find under "Eastin Hotel Pattaya"

• Stayed: July 2013
1  Thank Mangkut1970
Reviewed 18 July 2013 via mobile

When I booked the hotel (for the first time) I chose it mainly because of the location. Found it under its former name "sunbeam hotel" on google maps (Eastin management should update this if possible).
I was traveling by car, with family (two small kids) and looked for a reasonably priced "nicer" place with swimming pool and parking lot.
I was not disappointed. Big room with extra bed (clean/new feeling, no view though) , very nice and friendly staff ( good cleaning of the room every day despite the mess my kids made again and again) and we spent an enjoyable week there.
Aircon worked very well (clean smelling air and not noisy) , water pressure fine, low noise level... All the little important things making a difference.
The room rate of just above 2000 thb i would see as fair and reasonable in compare to other hotels in Pattaya, Thailand or SEA.
But ....compared to everything else breakfast was rather disappointing I thought. Here would be room to improve. For instance the congee could be served fresh & hot from kitchen instead of having all the ingredients half cold and separated on the buffet table. Maybe generally, especially during low season, serving a small breakfast selection directly from the kitchen would be a better thing than a mediocre buffet?
Maybe Russian package tour tourists don't mind. I do.

But all together I think Eastin hotel is a very good choice for a family stay so central and would book again - if room rates stay reasonable.

• Stayed: July 2013
5  Thank Mangkut1970
Reviewed 15 June 2013

Booked for a 5-night stay in a Grand Superior Room as I wanted a walk-in shower. What a horrible way to find out that the room was in another building. There was nothing in the hotel brochure indicating this. It is a shoe-box room with no windows. Dark, gloomly and dimly lighted. The whole building is dark and deserted. You have to walk outside to the main hotel building for breakfast and other facilities. Paid for an upgraded room and ended in the cheapest room. The reception staff is rude, inflexible and insisted that I have to pay extra for a bigger bathroom. Its a take it or leave it attitude and no refunds. The bathtub is very high and is difficult for anyone who has difficulties climbing in and out. Furthermore, it is even more risky as there is nothing to grab on to when getting in and out.
The other hotel staff are very friendly and helpful. Breakfast is very basic serving the same thing each morning. The hotel is very close to the beach and the Central Festival Shopping centre.
I would not stay or recommend as there are other hotels with better facilities and more flexible policies and front staff.

Room Tip: Do not pay extra for the Grand Superior Room as it is not worth it
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
GM_Eastin_Pattaya, General Manager at Sunbeam Hotel Pattaya, responded to this reviewResponded 20 June 2013

Dear rg12
Greetings from Eastin Hotel Pattaya
I would like to thank you for taking the time to share your experiences of your stay on Trip Advisor as your invaluable comments allow us to rectify any problems and maintain our high standards of service and comfort.
May I offer my most sincere apologies for the disappointment you experienced during your time with us. As the newest member of the international Eastin chain of hotels and residences we are dedicated in offering our guests an enjoyable and relaxing stay coupled with outstanding service and I deeply regret that you did not find this to be the case.
If I may be allowed to address your comments point by point.
Eastin Pattaya is located in 2 wings and the room category you initially booked was located in the Premium Wing. I am sorry that this was an issue as we have not received any similar complaints of this nature. I must offer my further apologies that the room was not to your liking as, once again, we have not received any adverse comments over this as we have introduced the Eastin brand standard in all our rooms and the feedback we have received has been overwhelmingly positive.
After receiving your complaint our staff moved you to a room in the main wing which we hoped would be more to your liking. Unfortunately this was also not satisfactory and you requested a larger room which would be either a deluxe room or suite which would require an extra charge. After an investigation I have discovered that my staff received no answer from yourself to this.
I am also very sorry that your perception of the staff handling your case were as of being rude and, regarding your request for a refund, must apologize that a regretful oversight on our part means we did not get back to you regarding this request.
I have spoken to my Front Office Manager about your comments and instructed her in no uncertain terms that her team must show complete courtesy and flexibility at all times in handling guest grievances. She will be introducing measures to ensure issues such as the ones you experienced do not occur again.
I am slightly puzzled about your comment regarding our breakfast as being “basic” as we provide a full selection of dishes including a cooked-to-order egg station, bacon, sausages, a selection of cereals, salads and Asian favourites plus a daily change of items including pasta, potatoes etc. I am sorry that it was not to your liking.

As I mentioned Eastin Pattaya is the newest member of the Eastin chain of hotels and residences and, along with our sister hotels and brand essence, our ultimate aim is the complete satisfaction of our guests. Due to your disappointment regarding your stay if you could kindly find the time to contact me directly via gm@eastinpattaya.com as I would like to come to an arrangement with you over your troubles.
I look forward to hearing from you soon.
Surapan Somthai
Eastin Hotel Pattaya

Reviewed 10 June 2013

Great Place to stay for the price you pay.

Its a 4 star property, recently renovated & rooms in are spacious with nice decor

only Minus- No sea view from most of the rooms.

strategically located on beach road close to Central shopping mall & very nice restaurants/ eateries/ Bars.

Breakfast spread is good & especially the Pastry Shop - I loved TIRAMISU from the chef collection.

there is a spa just outside the hotel which is excellent.

• Stayed: August 2012, travelled with friends
1  Thank RISHI K
Reviewed 29 May 2013 via mobile

Lobby hotel is nice with aircon which normally resorts hotel dont have, rooms size is normal, cable tv with Lcd and few selection international channels available. This is a super for me, having a very good hotel in the alley but the heart of night entertainment of PATTAYA city

• Stayed: May 2013