“visit again”

Ranked #59 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
hong kong
“visit again”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

We visited this resort the second time for we celebrate our anniversary .They set a romantic decoration in the room with flowers and cake . I like the swimming pool very much. Big and resort feel. Many trees and flowers around .We have a pool view room with a balcony , I sit there reading and relaxing. Clean and tidy as it seems finishing refurnish work. Buffet breakfast OK . Staff are polite and helpful especially a staff called KANOKWAN. Thanks for them very much.
Reasonable price and it is easily to town and there are so many food court, restaurant and shopping mall.
We hope to visit again.

Room Tip: pool view room
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
2 Thank cindywlow
Seksith L, General Manager at Green Park Resort, responded to this review, 27 July 2014
Dear Cindywlow,

Thank you very much for the fruitful feedbacks, we are very glad to hear that you have enjoyed your stay at Green Park Resort Pattaya.

Thanks again for your patronage, and we wish to welcome you again at Green Park Resort Pattaya the next time you would be here in Pattaya, Thailand.

Warm Regards,

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (60)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Czech first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Oxford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 13 May 2014

We stayed at the Green Park Resort only for two nights. It is located away from the Pattaya sin city hub, in the North Pattaya. There is no pleasant beach in the close vicinity of the hotel but there is a lovely large swimming pool in the hotel. There is plenty of green inside the ground of the resort and you could say it looks like a paradise. Good size safety box, good pressure in the shower, good air condition. Room was fine. Generally we were pleased with the facilities and the price. Great choice for long holidays in Thailand, especially if you travel with a family.
However, the big downsize of the hotel is its service or should I say ‘no service’. Having invested so much money in it, they could hire some extra staff and provide guests with waiting service at the swimming pool. It is pretty big and the bar is far away. I saw many people drinking own beer or nothing at all. There is a great potential for extra revenue and to enhance the customer experience. Another bad thing, the bar is local within the swimming pool and it is using glasses made of glass instead of plastic. I understand, the service, but when the glass brakes, it can fall into water where it is very difficult to locate. I know because I found a little piece of glass in my foot while walking in water next to the bar. Minibar was not refilled. The breakfast was only OK. The variety was very big but station were scattered all across the restaurant so you had to walk from one end to the other if you wanted sausages and bacon. The quality was rather poor, I think bakes beans were served with ketchup rather than the regular tomato sauce. Breakfast finished at 10AM, could give an extra hour. The service again was poor, waiting staff was just cruising with a big trolley and collecting plates, just does not look right. Expensive WiFi. I don't want to blame the staff, I think the management is poor.

Room Tip: If you travel with a family, take a double bungalow, both rooms.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Andy P,

Thank you very much for your kindness giving us your valued feedbacks. We have acknowledged all the comments with regard to our staffs and our breakfast. However, please rest assured that we shall continuously train and improve the quality of our people and service, to ensure that we could reach our guests’ satisfaction.

Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 7 May 2014

Great hotel just a stroll away from Naklua road and a quick ride into town

Great bar scene nearby including Honey Bar 2 and Barracuda Bar (my favourite haunt)

Pool bar serves great snacks and wide variety in hotel restaurant

Breakfast was fine and varied , good value

Awesome pool great rooms and great value overall

Very helpful staff

will definitely stay again

Room Tip: I had a bungalow , great value and roomy, very near pool
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled on business
Dear DartfordDarren,

Oslo, Oslo, Norway
Reviewed 23 April 2014

And about 3% germans, 3% chines/thai, 3 english and 1% others.

As earlier reviewers have said some of the reception desk stuff is not so nice and I can agree about that. You can smile with some one or you can smile at some one, and that is a big different.

We did have some problems at this hotell, we stayed in room 2214 that the AC was freezing cold we told the reception many times that we could not change the temperature for the AC and the only answer we get was that the AC only have one temperature and that was obviously 10 celsius, do you think we are stupid or what? I have been travelling for the last 30 years and the only reasons why a AC only have one temperature is when its brooken and when a AC is brooken its cost money to fix it, but don't tell the customer that the AC is ok and only have one temperature, very bad service.
So we asked to get a new room after 3 days in a freezing cold room, we get room 601 that had an AC that worked with more then one level, but no excuse or any discount what so ever.

They do have a nice pool area, but its very hard to get any sun chairs if you don't put out your towel at a sun chair early in the morning and occupy it ...

The breakfast was si so, seams that they using very cheap provider for the food, because it was very tasteless and didn't taste good.

I will not recommend anyone to stay in this hotell if you don't like rude reception stuff, rooms with a lot of mosquitos, AC that is not working, bad breakfast and no space at the pool area...

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank Bob M
Dear Bob M,

Thank you very much for your kindness giving us your valued feedbacks. We have acknowledged all the comments with regard to our staffs, our services, and our facilities. However, please rest assured that we shall continuously train and improve the quality of our people, service, and facilities, to ensure that we could reach our guests’ satisfaction.

Stafford, United Kingdom
Reviewed 17 April 2014

I have been going on holiday to Thailand for many years and have normally spent part of the trip in Pattaya at a hotel between the resort and Jomtien (up on the hill for those who know the resort). This year they could not accommodate me as they were full of tour company visitors from Russia.I was faced with having to find an alternative and a search online came up with The Green Park which I decided on.

Some reviews have commented on the staff attitude but I have to say that I found them all pleasant and efficient from the security guard on the gate to the room maids.

The hotel is situated off a main road about 200 metres down a side road si is in a quiet area although there are a couple of restaurants just outside the grounds. However there are plenty of restaurants, coffee shops, bars and shops on the main road from where you can catch the cheap "baht buses" into the centre of Pattaya.

I found the breakfast buffet to be of good quality and a nice touch was the egg cooking station situated on the patio which did all style of eggs to your order. The other dishes were a mix of Thai and Western with plenty of choice. As a comment regarding the staff, the restaurant host recognised me after just 2 days and did not have to ask for my room number anymore as she remembered it.

The room was comfortable and clean and although I had one problem this was attended to quickly. The room above mine developed a leak in the water supply to their bathroom and I noticed that there were some drips coming through the roof air vent in my bathroom. I reported this to the room maid and maintenance were quickly on the scene whilst I was off to have a swim in the superb pool. The front desk sent a bellboy out to find me when it became apparent that the repair was not going to be an easy fix and so I was moved to another room. The whole thing was handled very efficiently. A nice touch in the room were the umbrellas as some of the room blocks do mean a walk through the grounds to access the restaurant - not that these were needed during my stay.

The pool is superb and the grounds are well maintained. There was never any problem in getting a sunbed by the pool and towels were readily available, but not until 9.00am.

Some other reviews have mentioned that the hotel was full of Russian traveler's. Yes, there were a number of such but also Germans, English, Thai, Australian and what I think were Korean. There was no problem in finding someone to have a chat with and indeed all the guests were friendly.

For the cost paid the hotel was excellent value and I will use it again on my next trip to Thailand.

Colin Hill
England

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank Colin H
Dear Colin Hill,

Thank you very much for the GREAT feedbacks, we are very happy to hear that you have enjoyed your recent stay at Green Park Resort Pattaya.

Thanks again for your kindness, and we wish to welcome you again at Green Park Resort Pattaya the next time you would be here in Pattaya, Thailand.

Best Regards,
Melbourne
Reviewed 11 April 2014 via mobile

This is my second visit to this resort. The last time l came l only had one issue and that was with someone at the reception desk. No problems at reception this time around (maybe it was just someone having a bad day?) Some other reviewer mentioned that the resort is overrun with Russians, well there is a lot of truth in that statement and l would go so far as to say that if you can't tolerate Russians then this resort might not be for you! The staff at this resort try to please and will always return a smile. A comment was also made about the breakfast, well in my opinion the breakfast cannot really be faulted, the food is hot, it tastes good,and the staff work hard at providing good service.To this end it gives you a happy feeling when the gate security guard salutes you as you ride off on your scooter. I am only to pleased to recommend this resort and have no complaints. Enjoyed my stay again,and thank you to all the staff.

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Heatwave
Dear Heatwave,

Reviewed 30 March 2014 via mobile

I was in this resort for 3 nights and it was my second time in this place . I love da pool ova here which was simply amazing . This time I had little problem of my safety locker at room which was shutdown due to low battery . But recovered within minutes after my complaint to reception . It's a place really worth of boarding .

Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Pravardhan
Dear Pravardhan,

Thank you very much for your kindness giving us your valued feedbacks. We have acknowledged all the comments with regard to our resort’s facilities. However, please rest assured that we shall continuously seek the way to further improve our facility, to ensure that we could reach our guests’ satisfaction.