“Good Hotel” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #72 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Multan, Pakistan
“Good Hotel”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 22 June 2014

I stayed in Sunshine Hotel for 4 day. Its good hotel with 3 swimming pools. Very cost effective.
But when I checked in, the sheets had stain on my bed. I called reception and they changed it but the cleaning staff must have seen the stains but still they paid no attention. Remember if you want a quite and peaceful holiday this hotel is certainly not for you. There are too many bars in the street and I could hear the music all night in my room at 2nd floor. Too many hookers and bar girl in the street and even if you are not looking at them they tend to grab your arm or saying "Hello Where are you going" in a most annoying way, I would recommend for Solo Travelers, group of friends or any other person looking for night life.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank harismansoor
Mrugesh_Kulkarni, General Manager at Sunshine Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 25 June 2014
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the 4 star review. We are happy to read that you liked our spacious rooms and location and value for money. Also good to see that you enjoyed our all three swimming pools. Please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you had at the time of check in.

Thank you for choosing our hotel during your stay in Pattaya. We hope that you will stay here at Sunshine Hotel & Residences once again. Please contact me directly (rm@sunshinepattaya.com) whenever you plan to visit Pattaya in future. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Sunshine Hotel & Residences

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (129)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Kolkata (Calcutta), India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2014 via mobile

Was traveling to Thailand for a close family trip with mom dad sister and my fiancé . For the rather cheap price we booked , we had an additional person . the hotel decided to give me an upgrade to a family room for mom dad and sister and a bedroom for my fiancé and me . The rooms were perfectly cleaned , clean linen , and decent air conditioner .
Very close to everything . so no problem . Huge nice decent pool , 3 in total . Towels not available at the pool , we have to get them before hand. During the evenings if you walk out towards the beach there are authentic and cheap street foods of Thailand . Plenty of sea sports . Money changers .
The curfew in Thailand were the reasons the TV used to cut out after 9 . The house keepers were excellent , didn't loose a thing . The front desk staff are rude , unkind , unhelpful , careless and overall worthless . They would make you wait for hours , they would not get your keys made for the number of days you stay so if you are stuck you have to come down and then hear he front desk blaming you for the issue . Breakfast is excellent for the price . Over all an excellent trip and one that bought my fiancé to my parents ... Just perfect .

• Stayed May 2014
1 Thank CaptUnmeshD
Mrugesh_Kulkarni, General Manager at Sunshine Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 18 June 2014
Dear Mr. Udutt,

Greetings from Sunshine Hotel & Residences,

Thank you for writing the review regarding our rooms and services on tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you are satisfied with our rooms, housekeeping, breakfast and location. However, I am very sad to read that our Front Desk did not reach your expectations. I have sent you a private message, we would like to investigate what exactly happened when your room cards were not working. On behalf of my team, please accept my apologies for the inconvenience you had during the stay.

Sir I hope you remember that you had mistakenly booked same room 3-4 times for the same period because of some technical error at the time when you were doing the booking through one online agent. I did explain and apologize to you for the time consumed during the check in. Though all bookings were confirmed, we waived all the cancellation charges applicable for all your bookings. This procedure does take some time.

We are happy to read that you had a memorable time in Pattaya. We still hope that you would give us another chance to overcome our shortcomings in future. Thank you once again for choosing us during your stay in Pattaya.

4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 June 2014 via mobile

Quite new rooms, reason size, Dakin spilt system a/c and Lcd TV. Clean and neat. Very Close to Central festival shopping mall has a good food court
Close to beach. Has 3 swimming pool. Front desk staff speak good English.

Stayed June 2014, travelled as a couple
Dear Guests,

Greetings from Sunshine Hotel & Residences,

Thank you choosing our Hotel during your stay in Pattaya. We are happy to read your comments on tripadvisor regarding your stay.

Your comments are valuable and will help us to strive for higher standards to serve our guests better.

Thank you once again and we look forward welcoming you at Sunshine Hotel & Residences Pattaya soon.

Adelaide, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

Stayed in a 'Superior' room on the seventh floor, very comfortable and clean with a good sized balcony. The room is equipped with safety box, fridge and a good size flat screen tv, bed is a bit hard but the sheets and quilt are excellent. The wifi is free and worked well.

The location is great but a bit noisy at night due to the live music venue and other bars nearby, no problem if you're a night owl but not so good if you like early nights.

There are three swimming pools in the hotel, all are a bit small but the rooftop one is good if not crowded. The staff were all very professional and friendly, only fault was the cleaners were a bit inconsistent in their work.

The aircon works well, I found setting it a 20 degrees in the day and 25 at night worked best, otherwise the room got too cold.

Room Tip: Book a 'Superior' room with a balcony.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank JJPyle
Dear Sir,

Thank you for the 4 star review. We are most concerned with the satisfaction of our guests and your feedback is of great value to us. Your critical comment on our Housekeeping will help us to ensure and improve the quality of service we want to offer our guests.

Thank you for choosing Sunshine Hotel & Residences. We excited to know that you will be here again. Please let us know if there’s anything we can prepare in advance. We look forward to welcome you again soon.

Dhaka City, Bangladesh
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014

It was a nice and clean hotel, very friendly staff, pools were good, located in centre of all attraction, very near to beach, food is good as well specially breakfast, rich menu with multi-cuisine. Wi-Fi speed was very good.

Room Tip: take the tower wing of the hotel rooms
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank faisal021187
Mrugesh_Kulkarni, General Manager at Sunshine Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 13 June 2014
Dear Guests,

May I take this opportunity to thank you for taking your valuable time to write an online review about Sunshine Hotel & Residences Pattaya after your recent stay with us. Your good words are encouraging for us, and it makes us to strive for higher standards to serve our guests better.

Thank you once again and we look forward to be at your service in the near future!

Dubai, Dubai, United Arab Emirates
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 May 2014

If, like me, you are looking for somewhere just to sleep and not spend a great deal of time in then this Hotel is just fine. Check in was short and all the staff friendly and I was in my room within ten minutes.

Didn't get chance to sample the breakfast as was usually asleep way past the time they stopped serving but room service breakfast was adequate.

I stayed in the new wing and didn't have any complaints. Far enough from Walking Street but in close proximity to many many bars and restaurants.

Music can be heard but it's not enough to keep you awake in my opinion.

I'd stay here again if I was looking for the same sort of trip.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled solo
Dear Sebba,

Greetings from Sunshine Hotel & Residences,

Thank you for the review you have posted on tripadvisor. We are happy to read that you were satisfied with our rooms and services. Though, I wish you could have joined our breakfast buffet as well. We have received very good comments on your Breakfast Buffet as well.

Your positive comments are really motivating for us and makes us to strive for higher standards to serve our guests better in the future. Good to note that you have enjoyed your stay with us and we look forward to be at your service again in the near future.

Sincerely yours..

Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 20 May 2014

I"m stay on 23 April 2014. The hotel nice and the room is very clean.

The pool was lovely.

Breakfast buffet was good and restaurant was also good value for dinner.

It was an easy 5 minute walk to the beach and 10 minute to shopping mall.

But i was not satisfied with the reception staff. They are so rude and not welcoming at all. On that time i check in the reception staff( Ladies) is not smiling, rude and play a hand phone when doing my check in. Hotel need to trained the reception staff to give a good services with a smile and need to respect their guest.

Overall I would recommend this hotel and please change the reception attitude.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with friends
3 Thank jojony01
Mrugesh_Kulkarni, General Manager at Sunshine Hotel & Residences, responded to this review, 31 May 2014
Dear Mr. Jojony01,

Greetings from Thailand,

Thank you writing your review on tripadvisor. We are glad to know that you were satisfied with the Hotel's location, Room cleanliness and our Breakfast Buffet. I am very sad to read the incidence you have mentioned in this review. I assure you that necessary action will be taken since we have strict policy with regards to the usage of personal mobile phones while at work. We had never received such complaint before. Please accept our apologies since we did not meet your expectations.

I hope you will still give us one more opportunity and choose us so that we can cover up all the inconveniences you had during your previous stay. Please contact me directly next time when you wish to visit Pattaya (rm@sunshinepattaya.com). We still look forward to welcome you soon at Sunshine Hotel & Residences.

Sunshine Hotel & Residences
Also consider these accommodations in or near Pattaya
Baron Beach Hotel
#30 of 441 in Pattaya
The Bayview Hotel
The Bayview Hotel
#27 of 441 in Pattaya

Been to Sunshine Hotel & Residences? Share your experiences!