On the offset, the property looks decent enough. But unfortunately these are the things which turned me off the hotel:
1. Old hotel rooms - The furniture has a decidedly 80s look.
2.Bugs - Since this hotel is a "garden" resort, there were creepy-crawlies everywhere. We had some bugs in our room but I found a bug spray in the closet, indicating that this was a common problem. At night, the pathway to our room had cockroaches (the big, black ones) on it. I guess some tough nature dudes might not mind it, but I HATE ROACHES!
3. Old A/C: The old window (or was it split?) A/C took forever to start cooling and when it did, it was directed away from the bed. We ended up sleeping on the wrong end of the bed to get some cool air. And mind you, it was really hot when we landed in Pattaya.
4. No door to the bathroom - Really? Gross violation of privacy.
5. Unfriendly front desk staff - This is subjective of course, but the staff didn't seem very friendly.
The good things about this hotel:
1. The pool is big and spacious.
2. They have massage services available right at the hotel next to the pool at reasonable rates. Though it was full when we arrived and I ended up having some relaxing foot massage elsewhere.
3. Tuk-tuk right across the street takes you to 1st and 2nd road easily so location is a plus.
Overall we were very disappointed with the rooms. They did upgrade our room though when I told them we are traveling with a child and needed a King Bed, but the new "upgraded" room looked like the same room with a bigger bed so it seemed even more cramped. I don't understand how this qualifies as a 4 star property unless the other hotels are even worse.
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- The Thai Garden Resort, located on North Pattaya Road is one of the last hidden secrets of Pattaya, where service to our guest is always the most important. With the probably longest hotel pool in Pattaya, only low rise buildings with a total of 227 rooms in 25.000qm of tropical Gardens, you will be able to relax and unwind better than you ever imagine. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, Hotels.com, Expedia, TravelUp, Odigeo, Agoda, Booking.com, TripOnline SA, Traveltool, S.L.U., Evoline ltd and HotelQuickly so you can book your Thai Garden Resort reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Thai Garden Hotel Pattaya