“Good Hotel at reasonable rate”

Welcome Plaza Hotel
Ranked #372 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 9 November 2013

If anyone looking for a Hotel with reasonable rates and also luxurious, this is the one hotel one should not miss staying.The hotel is located at the center of pattaya.The famous walking street is very nearby to this hotel, its a wakable distance. The rooms are very well maintained and clean.The rooms are also equipped with all modern ammenities.The hotel staff are very gentle and helpfull.Theie service is very prompt.The sumptuous breakfast is excellent.Anybody visiting pattaya and want a comfortable stay, this hotel is the perfect place to unwind.

Room Tip: All the rooms are very good.Prefer to take the room from where you can have an outside view of the c...
  • Stayed: January 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank 747subu

Reviewed 10 September 2013

i have recently visited in aug 2013 and stayed here for 3 nights. very nice experiences. staff is not familiar with english. staff service is good. room service is good. i likes cleanness. fine room view. fine hotel location. near to almost many spot. over all very good. i would like to stay here again if will go to pattaya.

Room Tip: select top floor.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Sanjay S
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading multiple & mixed review of this Hotel. I found this to be good property with a resonable budget. I stayed there in Dec 2012. Breakfast has limited items but I think you should not expect more with the kind of price you pay. Rooms were simple but clean. They seem to have renovated the rooms. Rooms had a small balcony. The location is a key point of the property with a waling distance from the night life of walking street and the beach.

Room Tip: Ask for the new renovated deluxe rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2012, travelled with friends
3  Thank VishalMadan
Reviewed 12 August 2013

After having spent my 2 previous visits here at top end hotels this was a bit of an eye opener. Firstly the location is great. It has ample parking with guards looking after your vehicle. Firstly they tried to charge 1800 a night. They eventually matched the Agoda rate + 50 Baht. The hotel must have been nice in its heyday however it is really showing it's age. The rooms are very basic tiled floor, new tiles the furniture had seen better days as had the bed. Did not sleep well at all. It was clean. Just old and worn. People staying are mainly Thai couples Thai Farang couples (old) who have walked in off the road for a room or want somewhere to park their cars. The tourists are mainly from the sub continent. This may or may not be important to some. It surprised me with the prime location ample space outside pool and large grounds that the people who own it do not seem to care. Breakfast was well not really anything to write home about. Table cloths dirty. Self service and small choice of food. The plates were a mixture of chipped old ones from the heyday and new replacement plastic ones! The pool and pool bar looked nice but did not get a chance to use it. This is a not as great place for a vacation. The male receptionist was very welcoming and friendly. The ladies receptionists can spare you a few minutes in between fixing their make up and checking their I phones.However a bed for the night is fine. Would I stay again...do not know, probably not.

Room Tip: Avoid high top floor the roof leaks. Construction / repair work can be heard during the day repairin...
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank mapraow
Reviewed 26 July 2013

I have read many bad experiences about this hotel but didn't had any other option rather than going to this hotel. Our tour organizer had first given us Beverly plaza but later on they said Welcome plaza & since My partner & I stayed here for only one night we thought that the risk was little. But our experience was some how much much better than expected, let me start from the beginning.
We reached Thailand around 0130 hrs (local time) & wait @ Suvarnabhumi the whole night. Next morning we were shifted to Pattaya 7 reach Welcome plaza arount 8:30. There I met a member of my tour agent. He took me to front desk, instead of requesting himself he asking me to talk to hotel & request them to arrange a room 3 hours before check-in. Mr POO was our attendy, after hearing that we had a sleepless night he gave the room right away. I really was glad because my partner was feeling sick too. After a little rest we check out the pool & believe me it was the biggest pool ever & water was very clear too. it also had a Jacuzzi section. Room was clean too & also the toilet. I saw many tourists(Australasian & middle east) in & around the pool. Hotel is really very very big & u can have a sea view room if you are above 4/5 floor. I also think rooms on 5th floor has cleaner rooms.

The Good::
>Room # 521/2
>Super Duper Pool
>Location

The Bad::
>Complementary breakfast(not up to the mark though they have varieties) & the restaurant was not clean enough
>How can they not have Internet ???? Anyway, I found a shop just in-front of the hotel later

Be aware::
For city tour you can ask the hotel front desk but also check other tour shop, just to be sure that you are not over charged. Infact, I would suggest this for all over in Pattaya as everyone is doing business here...

Room Tip: Rooms on 5th floor or upper
  • Stayed: June 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank stobdha
Reviewed 9 May 2013

We (my partner, our two daughters and I) made an advance reservation for a single large room for three nights. The staff originally offered two rooms at 1060 baht per room per night but said that we could alternatively have a single large room (to sleep four) for 1800 baht per night. We chose the latter and an 1800 baht deposit was paid.

When we arrived to check in the reception staff first tried to say that we had booked two rooms at 1800 baht per room per night for three nights. When we protested they (eventually) found the person who had taken the original booking and issued the receipt for our deposit. He confirmed that the booking was indeed one room for three nights but then demanded an additional 500 baht per night. The hotel absolutely refused to honour the original booking that we had made and so we decided to go elsewhere.

In the circumstances I cannot comment on our room or any other facilities, because we were denied the opportunity to experience them! The location of the place is pretty good, though.

Needless to say, we shall not be going back. If you decide to stay at the Welcome Plaza, my recommendation is that you exercise extreme caution.

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with family
2  Thank NuanThai
Reviewed 7 December 2012

We came back in 28th November. It was really dirty. The rooms and the sheets also . we find lots of insects in our room when we told the staff they told us we should wait 24 hours to change our room and mean while they gave us INSECTICIDE!! Can you believe it!.The interesting part is when tomorrow we told the manager about the insects he pretend that it was never happened before and he did not know about our problem.we find insects in our new room but it was like 2 or 3 in day so we held on with that and we used INSECTICIDE like every night .the breakfast was so bad you did not have any option we just ate steamed cooked sausage.the room was too old and it needed total repair.
we Never stay there again.

Room Tip: choose a room with no insects if you CAN.
  • Stayed: November 2012, travelled as a couple