“Port Closed - But Jomtien Dive Came Through”

Jomtien Dive Center
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: More than 3 hours
Owner description: We at Jomtien Dive center pride ourselves on giving the customer the best experience we can. It is very important to us that every customer does count, which means going that extra mile. So why not come and join us on a days diving or book a PADI diving course with our Padi certified European instructors. It would be great to see you.
Useful Information: Activities for young children, Food available for purchase, Activities for older children, Bathroom facilities
“Port Closed - But Jomtien Dive Came Through”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

Was headed out for a day trip with Jomtien when the authorities closed the port -- total bummer. While we didn't actually get to dive with Jomtien, they handled the whole thing very well. The team was very patient when we were waiting for updates. When it was clear we weren't going to go, they helped brainstorm alternatives that might work out. Finally, they were very cool about processing refunds - an unfortunate cost of doing business...

Visited June 2014
Jomtien-Dive-Center, General Manager at Jomtien Dive Center, responded to this review, 23 July 2014
Thank you for your understanding, unfortunately one thing we cant control is the weather. Always better to be safe than sorry :) Hopefully next time your here the weather will be better and we can take you exploring the wrecks and reefs :)

• Thai first
  • Turkish first
Christchurch, New Zealand
“Top Notch diving shop”
Reviewed 30 June 2014

Stayed in pattaya for 10 days and had the great pleasure to do few dives with Jomtien Dive center .
Staff going the extra miles to ensure your having a fun day. Great captain and his boat, equipment, food,etc. Highly recommended. Thanks Gary, Jeshe, Dome and Louise.

Visited June 2014
Jomtien-Dive-Center, Manager at Jomtien Dive Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

I cant help but say "Top Notch" in a very British accent :) Hopefully see you again next time your over this way. Ill pass your message to the captain, i'm sure he will appreciate it.
Penang Island, Malaysia
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Cool and Fun dive!”
Reviewed 24 June 2014

I and my brother did Open Water Dive course with Jomtien and we want to say we have fun throughout the whole course. They are all very experience, friendly and joyful people, this make our course easy, fun and safe! As this is our first dive and first experience is always unforgettable, we would like to express a BIG thanks to them because now we have a good memory and knowing diving is really exciting! For tourists like us, they are very helpful from the beginning since we email to join the course, they offers advices for good accommodation,transportation if we need, and very patience with all the questions we have before and during the course and also recommended us some good places for food, how to take public transport and etc which is a bonus for us. You guys are awesome! Nice to meet you guys and hope we will soon continue to take some advance dive course with you again!

1 Thank Jill1804
Jomtien-Dive-Center, General Manager at Jomtien Dive Center, responded to this review, 2 July 2014

The pair of you were pure naturals, a pleasure to teach :) we all hope you have many many more diving adventures and hopefully see you again :)
New Delhi, India
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 4 helpful votes
“Awesome Diving Day made possible by excellent and friendly trainers”
Reviewed 19 June 2014

This was my first diving experience and since i am a non swimmer, it was a hell lot difficult to convince myself to step underwater. But gary and louis made everything for me just so effortless and relaxing.
A big thanks to both of you, you made my day. :) :)
You guys rock !!!!!!!
Travelled on 14 May 2014

Visited May 2014
4 Thank ashish907
Jomtien-Dive-Center, General Manager at Jomtien Dive Center, responded to this review, 21 June 2014
Thank you, we are glad you enjoyed your dive, you were great :) diving is relaxing and that's exactly how you should feel :) we hope to see you again next time your in the area :)
Paris, France
common_n_attraction_reviews_1bd8 2 helpful votes
“Beyond Amazing!”
Reviewed 7 June 2014

I have to admit that I've always had a slight fear of water and for me, receiving my open water certification was a way to overcome that fear. Learning to dive at the Jomtien Dive Center was an amazing experience. My instructress, Louise, was very knowledgeable, fun supportive and beyond cool! She went above and beyond to make sure I felt at ease and to successfully complete my certification. The owner, Gary is a true professional who welcomes you to his center not just as a client, but as a long lost friend. I really felt at home with the team. They are an amazing group of individuals that inspired in me a new found appreciation for diving. I strongly recommend Jomtien Dive Center for anyone looking to dive for their first time and or to receive a certification. If you're traveling to Pattaya and want to dive you should definitely check out this dive shop - you surely will not regret it! Thank you Gary, Louise, Jeshe and Dome! :)

Visited March 2014
2 Thank Jeanettettenaej
Jomtien-Dive-Center, General Manager at Jomtien Dive Center, responded to this review, 8 June 2014
Thank you :) now you can dive right in and show everyone they should never let their fears stop them. You were an amazing student and we all hope you manage to dive again soon. If we ever make it to France you can show us the sites. From all the Jomtien Team, Thank you and we hope to see you again :)