“Value for money” 4 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #27 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Bangkok
“Value for money”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 May 2008

I stay here when I can’t get in the Hard Rock Hotel. I usually try to book a suite, that way you are guaranteed to stay in the tower wing. The rooms are larger & have a small balcony compared to the garden wing. Have stayed in what they call the garden rooms. One side looks on to the pool, the other side onto a concrete wall & Soi. Just depends how lucky you are. There is a small garden, but you could walk around it in 5 mins & when I was there, there was no where to sit & enjoy it.
Breakfast is usually good, buffet style, tasty & sets you right for the rest if the day. The rooms are clean & tidy with fresh towels & bedding so no complaints there. The pool is decent, but nothing spectacular.
Other have mentioned a kids group. I have yet to see it, despite staying a few times. Never eaten in the restaurant on a night, but have had beers in the bar & confirm what others say about the price.
I asked the receptionist when checking in for a child’s bed & within minutes a bed arrived with sheets & extra towels so cant complain about the service.

The staff always smile, but that cold be because I had my daughter with me who likes to explore & play with the staff.
One person commented that it was in a sleazy part of town. Unfortunately for Patty any hotel on the beach is near bars. There is no escape from it. This is what Pattaya is famous for rightly or wrongly. To get away from it you either move further away form the beach which is not ideal or base your self in Jomtien. Even the Hard Rock has the same problem, although with a larger plot there is quite a distance between bars & hotel.

For the money a good hotel, does not have the service of Hard Rock, but there again is not the price of it either.

• Liked — Siutes are a Good size with balcony overlooking the Bay
  • Disliked — Garden room wing, not overlooking the pool
  • Stayed November 2007, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
1 Thank LukChang

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (218)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Jakarta, Indonesia
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 February 2008

We went to siam bayview just a week ago. and from the first time we came. we got a really bad services from the receptionist. they thread us in a not comfortable way. we have wrote a letter to the general manager, and till this time we haven't receive any apologize from the hotel. the problem is come from the voucher we bought from travelocity. suddenly when we came to the hotel, travelocity cancel our booking. and when the hotel know the cancelation, they don't try to threat us in a apropriate way. but they threat us like we are thief that try to cheating on them. our position in that time as tourist must be shocking for us when we know our voucher is canceled. but what they do just made us more confused. there's only one receptcionist that threat us in an appropriate way. even at the end of the day our travel agent already fixed the problem, there's no apologize come to me till this time. the room also old. when we go to breakfast in the morning. we found that the breakfast can be a positive thing from the hotel. and the location also strategic. but when we go to service, it's VERY VERY BAD!

• Stayed February 2008, travelled with friends
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Location
      Check-in / front desk
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
      Rooms
      Cleanliness
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
Penshurst NSW Australia
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 December 2007

This hotel was an oasis in probably the worst place I have every been in my life & I can assure you I have travelled extensively. It was not a really great hotel however anything was better than entering onto the sleezy streets of Pattaya. I found it hard to believe that anyone would be silly enough to go on the beach that was literally littered with dogs who appeard to be so hungry they fought all the time. Forget the fact that everywhere was crawling with women & dubious old men & wall to wall bars. If you really feel the need to go to this dreadful place this was not a bad hotel to stay at. The Art Deco bar was somewhere you would have expected to see Ernest Hemingway & was quite magnificient & with 2 pools it allowed you to think you were somewhere nice when in fact you were in an awful place. The view from our room was quite nice as we could look over the beach & just look into the distance with lots of boats & water activities. The staff at the hotel were very nice & could not do enough to make you feel welcome but I can assure you that they will never see me there again because I would never go back to Pattaya. On a positive note I must say I did enjoy going on the elephant ride at Chang Siam & I thought it was very good value & We had dinner at the Sugar Hut which again was a nice oasis away from the sleeze.

2 Thank Joylane