“Uncomfortable Stay”
Review of The Bayview Hotel

The Bayview Hotel
Ranked #20 of 466 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 30 April 2014 via mobile

Stayed in this hotel from 23rd to 26th april. Booked the hotel through asia web direct site.
Reached the hotel and they couldnt find my booking. After waiting for 20 mins got told that I could only get a rokm with two single beds as the hotel was booked out (big fat Lie) when I indeed wanted a rokm with two single beds.
Reached the room to find the ac was broken. Called room servicw who sent a technician. Techinician came touched the air con and said its broken so would need to change my room. Called the reception and apparently the fully booked hotel had a room available.
Went to that room to realise the air con didnt work either. Called the reception and got told there was a problem with one of the aircons and should be fixed soon.
Slept sweating all night with a broken air con in hot summer.
Contacted reception and was told sorry and that they apologize and the air con would be working when I come back to hotel.
When I came back I was told the air con should be fine by 7pm. Since about 10 pm on 24th night it was ok
Wes going for a half day tour on 26th and asked the reception for a extension in checkout by half hr as I would be back about 1230. I was told by the rude receptionist that I would have to pay extra. After few mins I asked for the manager and after telling them abt the inconveniences I had been through on 23rd and 24th, they agreed for extending my check out by 1 hr. Honestly that bad servi e.
No air con in the reception area, lifts, foyer
Food was ok
The pool was good
Hotel was clean
Great location
Nice sea view
So no helpful staff
None could understand or spk proper english

Be careful before u book as aircon in the hotel room needs to be in good working condition in pattaya.

Stayed: April 2014, travelled with friends
The Bayview M, Manager at The Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2014

Dear Gadey V,

Thank you for your comments.

First of all we would like to say sorry that your stay with us was not as enjoyable as it should be because of technical problems which in the meantime of course had been fixed.

If possible we would like you to contact our General Manager via tbp.gm@sukosolhotels.com as our aim is to offer a faultless service which unfortunately it was not in your case.

We would be pleased to welcome you back again and to let you experience a great stay like so many people before and look forward to hear from you again.

YOUR The Bayview Pattaya

Write a ReviewReviews (1,026)

Reviewed 29 April 2014

Firstly this hotel is old and is way overdue a thorough makeover and no way justifies the price. The rude reception staff are the worst I have come across. I booked a room for myself and when I showed up with my wife they wanted an extra 1000 baht. Will never go there again and would warn others to steer clear. The main entrance is not on beach road either as claimed, the small back entrance is.

Room Tip: Choose lower floor as ancient lift is slow.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank GraemeA67
Reviewed 25 April 2014 via mobile

I have just returned from a 2 week stay in this hotel, it is my second time in this hotel. I must be honest i found the waiting on staff less attentive than last time and a bit more sullen. I feel that they either didnt want the money or the work. However i do like the hotel and rooms and location and i will stay here again. Wi-fi was not available in bedrooms when i stayed and wasnt available poolside either which was a big dissappointment; i was told that all rooms would have wi-fi by the end of April?
I found the hotel clean and food (breakfast is buffet) of a good quality with plenty of choice, eat as much as you like and they dont appear to be too strict on the 10am closing time as people were often late and still got served with no complaint.
The pool was never crowded and sun loungers were always available with clean towels, pool was clean and set in lovely garden, very peacefull.
I would go again and i would recommend it especially for the location...

If you dont know the resort it is a busy holiday location which i would alike to blackpool, you can eat and drink from early till late, you constantly get asked if you want a massage and often get mithered by street sellers when eating or drinking in pubs/restaurants. If you shop around you can get anything you want at various prices, expect to haggle to get the best prices.

Stayed: March 2014, travelled solo
4  Thank simograll
The Bayview M, Manager at The Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 10 June 2014

Dear Simograll,

Thank you for choosing our hotel for your stay here in Pattaya.

We are delighted to know that in general you had an enjoyable stay with us.

Your comments about the staff and the internet is well received and we will have a look into it. For the complimentary internet in the rooms we are pleased to say that it is working now so there should not be an issue anymore for your next stay.

Breakfast time for us is until 11am so our guests don't have to wake up too early to enjoy the big spread of international food items.

We hope to welcome you back soon again and wish you until then all the best.

Reviewed 24 April 2014

Hotels in Pattaya can either be too noisy or secluded from vibrant Pattaya. Finding a hotel that is central to nightlife of Pattaya an still quiet can be a challenge. Having travelled to Pattaya several times with family, choice of Bayview was a good one. Located between beach road and 2nd road and next to Pattaya Central and walking distance to walking street, one can't ask for more. Although this is a old hotel ( earlier Siam bayview), hotel is spread out and well maintained. Hotel is well priced ( sub 2500 baht) and true value for money. Staff courteous and polite and enough dining option nearby. Will certainly stay again at this hotel

Room Tip: Look for pool side room at lower level.
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Deepak S

Dear Deepak S,

Thank you for staying with your family at our hotel.

We are pleased to know that you enjoyed our quiet atmosphere here in vibrant Pattaya and you perfectly explained our biggest benefit which is the location. Easy access to everywhere and Pattaya's biggest shopping mal directly next to us.

We hope you become part of our big regular guest family and wish you and your family until your return all the best.

Reviewed 22 April 2014

Real nice hotel in Pattaya Beach. Good location, beautiful garden and 2 swimming pools. Attractive Buffet Breakfast with very attentive staff. Unfortunately TV's remote control is not working in our room.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank RyanZaw
The Bayview M, Manager at The Bayview Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 14 June 2014

Dear RyanZaw,

Thank you for staying with us during your trip to Pattaya and for your feedback.

We are pleased to know that you had an enjoyable stay with us same as most of our guests.

Sorry that you had an issue with the remote control but did you inform our staff to immediately change it for you?

We hope to welcome you soon back again and wish you until then all the best.

Reviewed 17 April 2014

I just have a holiday with my family. We all love this hotel. The price is reasonable. The breakfast is excellent. The staff is very attentive. The hotel is next to the shopping mall. We will come back to stay with you again.

• Stayed: April 2014, travelled with family
Reviewed 16 April 2014

Iv stayed in the Bayview hotel on all my four trips to Thailand. I love Pattaya and the beauty of the "Land of Smiles' is well captured at this hotel. Everbody is welcomed with cooling towels and a welcoem drink-much sought out after a long drive from Suvarnabhum. I have always stayed at the higher floors(8th or 9th) and up there the view is FANTASTIC! The hotel room is spacious with a mini balcony and fill length glass windows give u the most stunning views of the sea. The breakfast variety is beyond imagination! a good 40 items or so and extremely delicious. The staff always so respectful and gracious. They have a beach entrance and a back bazar entrance and Central Festival Mall is walking distance. Each and every small thing is looked after and one can just be in holiday mode all along!Would like to thank the current manager Mr Groninger for his great company as well.

Room Tip: Higher floors obviously sea facing!
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled as a couple