“Clean, nice location, fast service and delicious food”
Review of Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
Bangkok, Thailand
“Clean, nice location, fast service and delicious food”
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had actually booked a Penthouse Relax 2 but was told on arrival that this room was being refurbished with a new jacuzzi.
A bit disappointed as I lost my requested balcony facing the road but I'm glad that the helpful staff of Penthouse made it up by giving me an upgraded Party Patpong with a balcony above the indoor pool.
I am really impressed with the cleanliness in Penthouse and especially in my room.
Housekeeping service was prompt and available even at 10pm on one of the days when I woke up way late.
Clean towels and hand towels were provided everyday along with soft bedsheets and the room was nice and dust free, a big plus as I am a fan of clean places.
Even the lobby has separate housekeeping staff members sweeping and cleaning whole day long.
They did have a bit of a problem with the large windows in the lobby getting dirty with rain water and people splashing in the outdoor swimming pool but the Receptionists told me its being dealt with.
Room service is available round the clock but I also dined in the restaurant a couple of times (see the pics of the attached vegetable curry it was personally recommended by their Chef Lai)
Location is indeed excellent, only about 120 metres from Walking Street entrance and 60 meters from beach.
I've also attached some pictures of my Party Patpong room, mine was number 219, next to the indoor pool's entrance door.
All in all Penthouse is a nice, clean place with excellent atmosphere and the rooms are specifically designed for a fun filled wild holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank LiveWellLoveLife
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
" We all enjoyed the Photo's .. a picture Is indeed worth a thousand words ! ..and Thank You. We do place Great importance as to the views expressed by our Friends and Guests, and it is through this medium that we gain insight as to our progress in trying to provide a Hotel Venue that meets the demands and expectation of those that have chosen to spend their valuable Holiday-time with us ! We value both the Good And the Bad and always try to respond accordingly !.. ( All that we ask is that any published Review be both Genuine and in Good-Faith ) and we are indeed thankful when those occasional. Non-Genuine reviews are indeed 'weeded-out' before publication ! Thank You Again. and we all look forward yo seeing You back in Pattaya, .. ( Hopefully At The Penthouse Hotel ) " ,,

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (98)
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Quite simply amazing. We’d heard some stuff about the place. A few couples we know have stayed there. They championed it. So we booked for a week to help celebrate our 25 years of marriage. We wondered what it would be like. Upon arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff and the words ‘nothing's a problem,’ just ask and we will do our best. True to form nothing was a problem and all the staff went out of their way to make our stay one to remember. We stayed in room 212 which we were advised had recently been upgraded. I think the Bell Boy tried to explain that we were the first people to stay in this room since the upgrade. Walking into our room everything looked immaculate, rather like a show room and contained everything one could want. Our balcony took us directly to the pool. We enjoyed many a late night / early morning dip in there. I don’t think it ever closed. We do not usually eat in at resorts and hotels but the food was so good and the prices so reasonable we ate in almost every day. The Penthouse is conveniently located very close to the beach and the Walking Street but, once we were in our room, we didn’t feel the hustle and bustle of the action not far from our doorstep. On the day of our anniversary we enjoyed complimentary Champagne in the hotel clubs and a complimentary cake. Drinks flowed that night and we both had massive hangovers when we woke up the following afternoon. We will finish as we started. It was quite simply amazing and we met some amazing couples.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jessyp78
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
" Happy that you both had a memorial vacation !.. for our part we will continue to strive to make the Penthouse Hotel the choice of singles and adventurious couples ! Hope to see you both again next time, . ".
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I’m staying at the Penthouse now. Three nights gone. Two to go. It’s OK. Pattaya has been hit by some big storms and I’ve seen sand bags outside some stores. The hotel has held up very well. I have a Jacuzzi room and it’s all good. Great water pressure in the Jacuzzi and it's piping hot. Can see myself staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GrahamC1212
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
" Thank You " for your Review, and hope that you enjoyed your remaining time in Pattaya ! ..sorry about the wheather , ( we can by now start to look forward to the better Seasons which of course coincide with the popular holiday period )...But; with Pattaya's many attractions this resort is a favourite all the year around !.. Look forward to seeing You again; at the Penthouse ! ..
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel, rooms are amazing, service/wifi on point... pool deck is beautifu, stuffs are friendly... Hands down one of the best hotels I've been to... 10 star!!

Would definitely recommend this hotel to people that are open minded who loves to enjoy there self and have fun.. singles or married couple.. My points is no matter who u are or who u with you would definitely enjoy your stay no doubt..

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SilverDolla-
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
" Well !! ..that was Very nice to read. Thank You, and hope to see You again"
Phuket, Thailand
Reviewed 9 September 2012

I stayed at penthouse in room 202 and then 201 both pool deck rooms.
At the time of check out i was really scuffling to get to the local airport and in a hurry I ended up leaving an envelope with 1,748 US dollars and most importantly my iphone next to the stereo player in room 202.
However, as both of these things were supposed to be in my suitcase it didn't even hit me until two days after being in Phuket. My iphone is provided by my company and didn't even work in Thailand so i couldn't use it. Anyway, I started to panic and called my office to trace it and was told that they would get back to me by email and as soon as I open my inbox a few hours later, voila!
I had an email from Penthouse Hotel saying that they had found not just my iphone but even the 1,748 US dollars.
So thank you Penthouse for handling this matter in such a professional and sincere manner.
I will be personally thanking David and Rose when I return in November who emailed me with the good news.
David is a good guy and an excellent manager who I even had the pleasure of talking to while he was doing his usual quality checks on the pool deck.
Your staff is doing an excellent job guys, I love sincerity in people.
I also owe you for the postage which I will pay at the same time as I reserve my room for November.
Thanks once again Rose and David.
You've saved me from a lot of trouble :)

Room Tip: They are building some artistic figure in the lobby so its a bit noisy in the day time and they said...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
12 Thank Nigel P
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 September 2012
Glad we could be of service. You may be surprised how often we do in fact find left items in the Rooms & Suites and well understand that our Guests have many other important issues to enjoy themselves with during their travels.
Look forward to seeing you in November!
Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 2 September 2012

Stayed at the Penthouse for a week in August 2012. Had a great time. The room was excellent & the "exercise" swing was a wow with my companions. I used a safe box at reception & used my own padlock - no problems. Not the cheapest in Pattaya, but well worth the extra. Breakfast was included, but I can't comment on it as I think it finishes around 11am & I never got up early enough for that! Recommended.

Room Tip: Choose a room with an exercise swing - it's a blast! Rooms near the night club can be noisy up...
  • Stayed August 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank howardmendesdacosta
PenthouseHotel, General Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 27 September 2012
" Thank You " for your travel review, We just hope that the exercise Swing did not prove too taxing for all concerned and that You retained enough energy to explore the many other attractions that this resort destination has to offer ! Hope you will consider staying with us at The Penthouse Hotel, again,soon.
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 August 2012

We chose to stay at Penthouse Hotel for a few nights of our honeymoon as we wanted a unique experience and I am pleased to say that the hotel certainly rose to the challenge.

The room was wonderfully decorated and in a good state repair whilst novelty fixtures and fittings really helped to make sure you had a fun filled stay. The room and bathroom was spacious and clean and well stocked with towels etc.

The 24 hour room service came in handy on more than one occasion and the food was fantastic. We also thoroughly enjoyed our inclusive breakfast in bed every morning.

Another bonus was that housekeeping would come at a time convenient to you so your room was always cleaned daily but there was never any disturbance at all (perfect when sleeping off a Chang-over).

A few people have made comments about cats on site and yes, I saw a couple, but they caused no bother at all and were quite content just snoozing in the hallway...I have seen much worse things in hotels in my time!

The location was great and, although close to several bars, we found this to be of no disturbance to us at all. The double glazed windows did a good job of keeping out the noise.

All in all we loved our stay here and are looking forward to going back for our anniversary in January. I would recommend this hotel to anyone that is considering a stay here.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank SunshineHoney
PenthouseHotel, General Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 25 August 2012
" May we just express our gratitude in your perseverance in accomplishing the not-so-easy task ( or so we are told ) of up-lifting a positive travel report !..We are hoping to address any short-comings on our part, and very much hope that you will again choose The Penthouse for your future anniversarie(s) " .Best Regards,

The Penthouse Hotel.