“Couldn't be better!”

Penthouse Hotel
Richmond, United Kingdom
“Couldn't be better!”
Reviewed 8 December 2012

This was my first trip to Thailand. I stayed at the Penthouse as recommended by a friend. There was a pool with water jets on the balcony outside my room. Awesome. Just like having a room opening straight onto the beach - but without the jellyfish! This is a great party hotel which seems to operate 24/7. The room was very comfortable and I really liked the heavy curtains which kept the light out so I could catch up on my sleep during the day. I stayed out until around 5am one night & the reception, security & (most importantly) room service was still working when I returned.
The location is excellent, about 50m from the beach and there are bars & nightclubs less than 15m from the hotel. I also went to Walking Street, which is about 250m away so there is lots of evening entertainment within easy walking distance.
Absolutely recommended for fun. Can't wait for my next trip!

Room Tip: Try a pool deck room. I found the view through the glass doors to the moving water outside on the b...
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
6 Thank DavyWillson
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 December 2012
" Many Thanks for taking the time to express your thoughts in such a positive way ..we will all do our best to deserve such glowing praise ! Hope to see you again in Pattaya and hopefully at The Penthouse Hotel on your next vacation, ..

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
Chonburi, Thailand
Reviewed 22 November 2012

Three of us, all single fun loving guys, decided to take a much needed break in Thailand for a couple of weeks. 5 Nights in Pattaya. 5 in Phuket and 4 in Bangkok. We are all IT professionals and we have had a stressful year. Obviously we did our research first. We were looking for a fun hotel, close to the action, where we could relax and unwind with like-minded adults. As much as we like kids, and some of us have them, we just didn’t want to stay in a place with them.

Our research pointed us in the direction of the Penthouse Hotel. The booking process worked well with all questions promptly answered to our satisfaction. We arrived early, before the official check in time and the receptionists very kindly let us check in early with no extra cost. We stayed in the Pool Deck connecting rooms on the second floor. These were rooms 201, 214 and 212. All three rooms looked as if they’d been recently refurbished. In fact mine, 212, looked like a showroom. I think the Bellboy tried to tell me I was the first customer in this new room. Our connecting doors were always open and we had direct access to the pool deck which stays open to well past midnight. On our last night we enjoyed a fantastic party with our friends from the Kitten Club.

Pluses. The ‘Adult’ hotel theme. The 24 hour facilities (maids, restaurant and room service with full menu and security. The location. Right on the beach and just a two minute walk to the Walking Street. The rooms, which provide the adult ambiance but without neglecting the basics such as A/C, Ceiling Fans and hot water with ample water pressure.

As for negatives they are hard to find. We saw three cats. They all seemed house trained. We heard the music from the clubs in the hallways. We expected this. It finished at 2.00 am and never disturbed our sleep.

If you are looking for fun then this hotel set up is for you.

Time to head for Phuket.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
3 Thank Sud-Drav
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 23 November 2012
" Thank You " and indeed we sincerely hope that you enjoyed the continuance of your Thailand vacation ...( from your report and views expressed , I'm sure that you did ! ..) What may well be of interest to IT guests such as yourselves, is that we have in the last few days arranged with a new IT Provider whose service speed we believe is now Very much Faster ! .. we shall see . Hope to see you all again. soon. back in Thailand's Premiere International Resort, and hopefully;at The Penthouse Hotel ."
Moscow, Russia
Reviewed 19 November 2012

Many times stay at Penthouse Hotel with friends. I like location and unique design of rooms. Boys Zone in front of street, guest at night - have to pay extra money at reception. Breakfast include and late time - very good if you going outside till morning and sleep till 11 :) like me

Room Tip: Check availible room at hotel web site or call
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
5 Thank Jason_msk
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 20 November 2012
" Thank You ' .. and we are all so glad that you were Happy ! .. and in-turn, we are Happy to Confirm that the renowned ' boyz street ' is in fact in the NEXT Street as you approach the equally renown ' walking-street ' and at the same time to advise our friends and Guests that may not already be aware, that our 'Joiner-Policy ' is among the Most Liberal (no charge) of Any Establishment Anywhere.. ( But should Not be Confused with ' Room / Suite Sharing ' which we do not recommend if one ( or two ) is to enjoy the multiple Pleasures of Pattaya ! ..Yes; the Complementary Breakfast is indeed served 'till late and both the Restaurant and Room-Service are 24 Hrs. Enjoy."
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 October 2012

I had actually booked a Penthouse Relax 2 but was told on arrival that this room was being refurbished with a new jacuzzi.
A bit disappointed as I lost my requested balcony facing the road but I'm glad that the helpful staff of Penthouse made it up by giving me an upgraded Party Patpong with a balcony above the indoor pool.
I am really impressed with the cleanliness in Penthouse and especially in my room.
Housekeeping service was prompt and available even at 10pm on one of the days when I woke up way late.
Clean towels and hand towels were provided everyday along with soft bedsheets and the room was nice and dust free, a big plus as I am a fan of clean places.
Even the lobby has separate housekeeping staff members sweeping and cleaning whole day long.
They did have a bit of a problem with the large windows in the lobby getting dirty with rain water and people splashing in the outdoor swimming pool but the Receptionists told me its being dealt with.
Room service is available round the clock but I also dined in the restaurant a couple of times (see the pics of the attached vegetable curry it was personally recommended by their Chef Lai)
Location is indeed excellent, only about 120 metres from Walking Street entrance and 60 meters from beach.
I've also attached some pictures of my Party Patpong room, mine was number 219, next to the indoor pool's entrance door.
All in all Penthouse is a nice, clean place with excellent atmosphere and the rooms are specifically designed for a fun filled wild holiday.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
5 Thank LiveWellLoveLife
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 15 November 2012
" We all enjoyed the Photo's .. a picture Is indeed worth a thousand words ! ..and Thank You. We do place Great importance as to the views expressed by our Friends and Guests, and it is through this medium that we gain insight as to our progress in trying to provide a Hotel Venue that meets the demands and expectation of those that have chosen to spend their valuable Holiday-time with us ! We value both the Good And the Bad and always try to respond accordingly !.. ( All that we ask is that any published Review be both Genuine and in Good-Faith ) and we are indeed thankful when those occasional. Non-Genuine reviews are indeed 'weeded-out' before publication ! Thank You Again. and we all look forward yo seeing You back in Pattaya, .. ( Hopefully At The Penthouse Hotel ) " ,,
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 October 2012

Quite simply amazing. We’d heard some stuff about the place. A few couples we know have stayed there. They championed it. So we booked for a week to help celebrate our 25 years of marriage. We wondered what it would be like. Upon arrival we were greeted by the wonderful staff and the words ‘nothing's a problem,’ just ask and we will do our best. True to form nothing was a problem and all the staff went out of their way to make our stay one to remember. We stayed in room 212 which we were advised had recently been upgraded. I think the Bell Boy tried to explain that we were the first people to stay in this room since the upgrade. Walking into our room everything looked immaculate, rather like a show room and contained everything one could want. Our balcony took us directly to the pool. We enjoyed many a late night / early morning dip in there. I don’t think it ever closed. We do not usually eat in at resorts and hotels but the food was so good and the prices so reasonable we ate in almost every day. The Penthouse is conveniently located very close to the beach and the Walking Street but, once we were in our room, we didn’t feel the hustle and bustle of the action not far from our doorstep. On the day of our anniversary we enjoyed complimentary Champagne in the hotel clubs and a complimentary cake. Drinks flowed that night and we both had massive hangovers when we woke up the following afternoon. We will finish as we started. It was quite simply amazing and we met some amazing couples.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank jessyp78
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 26 October 2012
" Happy that you both had a memorial vacation !.. for our part we will continue to strive to make the Penthouse Hotel the choice of singles and adventurious couples ! Hope to see you both again next time, . ".
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 8 October 2012

I’m staying at the Penthouse now. Three nights gone. Two to go. It’s OK. Pattaya has been hit by some big storms and I’ve seen sand bags outside some stores. The hotel has held up very well. I have a Jacuzzi room and it’s all good. Great water pressure in the Jacuzzi and it's piping hot. Can see myself staying here again in the future.

• Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank GrahamC1212
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 October 2012
" Thank You " for your Review, and hope that you enjoyed your remaining time in Pattaya ! ..sorry about the wheather , ( we can by now start to look forward to the better Seasons which of course coincide with the popular holiday period )...But; with Pattaya's many attractions this resort is a favourite all the year around !.. Look forward to seeing You again; at the Penthouse ! ..
Reviewed 13 September 2012

I have nothing bad to say about the hotel, rooms are amazing, service/wifi on point... pool deck is beautifu, stuffs are friendly... Hands down one of the best hotels I've been to... 10 star!!

Would definitely recommend this hotel to people that are open minded who loves to enjoy there self and have fun.. singles or married couple.. My points is no matter who u are or who u with you would definitely enjoy your stay no doubt..

• Stayed August 2012
1 Thank SilverDolla-
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 14 September 2012
" Well !! ..that was Very nice to read. Thank You, and hope to see You again"