“The Best place to stay in Pattaya”
Review of Penthouse Hotel

Penthouse Hotel
Mumbai (Bombay), India
“The Best place to stay in Pattaya”
Reviewed 26 February 2013

Stayed in the Hotel in the 2nd week of February. Had initially booked the Hotel for only 2 nights but ended up spending 7!! Booked a Patpong room.The rooms are exactly as shown on their website, so no surprises there.There is no better hotel in Pattaya in terms of location. Beach road and Walking Street are in very close proximity. The Hotel staff is polite and courteous and they do understand English, so communicating with them was not an issue. Needless to say, Hotel is guest friendly. The Hotel offers very good Wi-Fi connection free of cost. Absolutely NO complaints with the Hotel and whenever i'll come back to Pattaya, would only stay at this Hotel. Also, the Receptionist (Lilly) is damn cute and has a beautiful smile, for which i payed her a compliment. (Room no. 417 - Feb 9 -15)

• Stayed February 2013, travelled with friends
1 Thank LoneRanger255
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 March 2013
That was a very nice Review, to which we all ( including lilly ) much appreciate ! ....Loof forward to seeing you again, Soon ! .

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (96)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 9 February 2013

I spent a week at the Penthouse in January 2013. This was not my first trip to Thailand, but it was my first trip to Pattaya and a friend suggested the Penthouse as he had stayed there last year. I had a great room, with an outdoor pool about a meter away. This is an adult hotel. 100%. Don't take your children, or your parents! The room was terrific, great bed, big tv, minibar stocked with everything you could ever want, and the 24 hr room service was a great plus. In my experience the you can have a great room at the Penthouse for the same money as a basic room in Bangkok. And I had far more fun in the Penthouse than I ever had in Bangkok. It's less than 100 meters to the beach and about 300 meters to Walking Street, but there is plenty of nightlife to suit all tastes closer to the hotel if you don't want to walk that far.

Room Tip: Try to get a "Pool deck" room. It costs more, but it's worth the extra.
2 Thank Jean-Louis L
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 February 2013
" Thank You from The Penthouse Hotel " ..for taking the time to express your views ! .. I think you have indeed sumed-up what we have been trying to promote ( Sometimes with less Success ) most admirable ! .. and really it leaves nothing more from me than to say " much appreciated; .. and Come-Back-Soon ! "
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 6 February 2013

This is one of the speciality lodging in pattaya, price seems to bit higher side for budget traveller , as you have several options available in cheaper price; But it is one of the guest friendly and excellent property; Absolutely clean room; clean washroom ; awasome bed and exclusive adult hotel. Since Iam not much fond of thai food ; so didnt try much but as a hotel and service its one of the best hotel in pattaya. The location is also excellent with down two awesome inhouse clubs. I would recommended atleast once to try out. Been there is August 2011, But didnt have an option to choose.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled solo
1 Thank Sanexplorer666
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 7 February 2013
" Thank You ' .. very much for taking the time to write, .. much appreciated ! ..We would tend to agree with you that The Penthouse Hotel is certainly 'One of a kind " and should in theory be appreciated by most ? .. travellers that would choose to spend their time in Pattaya ! ( The entertainment capital of Asia ! ) .. Come Back Soon ! ..
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 28 January 2013

I recently stayed at the very cool Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya, and I must say - what a great experience it was! My room was spotlessly clean and themed! The reception staff were more than friendly and helpful - giving me directions and getting taxis etc for me. The location is also excellent, as its literally a few minutes from the beach and Beach Road, which is full of cool shops and gift stalls. On arriving back one night in the early hours of the morning, again the reception staff came swiftly to my aid and took me through to the 24 hour restaurant where I gorged myself on an excellent 3 am breakfast! All served by a large jolly friendly chef, and a young Thai girl who was full of smiles and help! I must say and all round beautiful experience and I have already booked the same room for Xmas this year! A big 5 stars plus to the lovely Penthouse hotel!
Michael Roy
from Hampstead,
London England

Room Tip: I stayed in 202 and it was delightful - and if I were you I would book well in advance!
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Michael B
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 29 January 2013
" We try to Please ! ..if we can , then we will ! ..Thank You for taking the time to post, much appreciated, and hope you will consider The Penthouse Hotel on your next trip.. ( We all know how addictive Pattaya can be ! ) .."
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2013

I was so impressed with my amazing room at Penthouse hotel. The concept is superb and very much line with what I expected. Smooth check in.

Just a short walk to the Walking Street. But, despite that, in my room I felt completely away from the madness. The beach is even closer. Rate included free breakfast and free Wi-Fi.

Room service was pretty good and fast.
Recpetionists, Bell Boys, Security and Maids were very friendly and they really care for their customers.

Room Tip: I stayed in Room 216 - Pool Deck. Very nice.
2 Thank GGibbs2004
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 23 January 2013
" Thank You " and we are all Glad that you enjoyed your stay with us, ( And look foreward to seeing you Again ! ..)
Taichung, Taiwan
Reviewed 16 January 2013

I recently stayed at the Penthouse Hotel. This hotel is... strange. It's sort of a mish-mash, thrown together, feeling, but isn't entirely great or poor.

There are some very large minuses: Wi-Fi is totally subpar, and I couldn't really use it in my room. The room wasn't exactly as described on the website, which was unfortunate, and a bit awkward as I was sharing the room with my brother. Very little privacy was afforded between the two 'sleeping areas'. The service varied... They did not clean the room one day, and then had an argument with the girl about paying for fresh towels.

The thai food via the room service was excellent, but they didn't come to clear the plates away from the front of the room...

Out of the above, the WIFI is definitely the biggest issue for me. I feel that a solid WIFI connection should be standard for any hotel worth it's salt.

Overall, the novelty of the hotel is quite fun, and exciting. So, it's worth considering if you want a unique experience, but I would be realistic about what I wanted from the hotel.

Would I stay there again? Maybe.

Room Tip: Their rooms vary. Book accordingly.
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled with friends
1 Thank LanceL604
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 17 January 2013
" Thank You for taking the time to post a review of Your experiences ! .. Please always be advised that apart from Every Room and Suite being totally Unique, there are also some Sixteen Room categories from which to choose from, along with 'photos on the Website , so there should indeed be an option to suit most tastes !.. if by chance special needs are desired, it can often be the case, subject to availability, a Room / Suite change may well be possible on arrival..Our WI-FI is the best available here at the moment.. ( We have applied for a further up-date, but it appears that this is still some time in the Future ) .. our IT manager is always on-hand to help those that are experiencing any sort of internet problem, and our system ( 20MBIT ' Backbone ') is available through-out the Hotel Complex, and is Still Complementary. Our House-keeping is available 24 Hrs, and we will 'Re-Fresh' your Room / Suite as often as required, although additional laundry, over and above the daity change, may be chargeable on the entry level Rooms, ..( It's interesting to remember that if one was to calculate the published charges that iare sometimes applied ie WI-FI-, Breakfast for Two and may-be a 'joiner or Two, that these can easily exceed the Room cost ! .anyway, glad You both enjoyed Yourselves ( I think Interconnecting Rooms would be a Better choice next time ) and look foreward to seeing you Both again at The Penthouse Hotel ! .
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 12 January 2013

I always wanted to stay at this hotel but really shy'd away because of the notoriously noisy location. Nevertheless I finally made it and it was worth "my effort and time as well as experience"! Please do note that anyone who wishes to stay at the "Penthouse Hotel" should read and study their straight forward web-site as it clearly indicates that it is an "adult only hotel"!

I stayed in a "Patpong Suite" on the 5th floor with balcony and sea view as well as a view of the "famous" Soi Pattayaland which indeed is a "nightlife heaven" to those people who really want to see it all! The mix of entertainment venues is amazing to say the least...there is a place to be found for any nightlife "worrier"...if of hetro, bi or gay or any "origin"!

My room was unique indeed and the focus is on "erotic" and "erotic" only! I will not go into details as one needs to come and find out by themselves or to a degree from their website. They also have the most elaborate mini bar and kiosk set with about 38 items to chose from and most are at reasonable prices. Needless to say that condoms and other erotic amenities are part of the kiosk selection....which is good and certainly compliments the Penthouse concept. The room also has a "Go-Go dance station with lights", a jacuzzi tub with lights, a small bar counter and an elevated bed and very important ....double glass doors which keeps out the nice indeed.

The cleanliness of the room and bathroom as well as jacuzzi was ok and to be frank I expected less. The bed linen and towels are of high quality and very clean and free of stains which is very very important to myself as a frequent traveller! As soon I would get stained linen/towels a poor rating would result. The TV channels are good, free of "snow storms" and plentiful of selection including some real good adult channels!

The service is overall very good and friendly and so are the residence cat and dog...very cute indeed! The hotel is a sort of "castle" with staircases "here and there" and a glass enclosed elevator. The hallways are designed in a style I cannot describe but I must say very nice indeed. They do offer a sun deck with splash pool (small), sun loungers and an I door erotic fun pool which I did look at but not used as it only opens at 7pm and had no time.

One thing which I did not like was the breakfast concept. My room rate was about 3500.- (not cheap but it is a mini suite after all) which includes breakfast for two and tax. When I went down at about 10 am I wanted to have my breakfast at the sun deck (above the lobby) and the waiter said ok. However nobody came up to serve so I had to go down again and the receptionist told me better eat downstairs but I insisted to sit outdoors as it was a sunny day and the deck provides sea view! The waiter finally served me. I ordered American breakfast but I was told that the ABF is not included and will be charged extra approx at175.- ....he offered English breakfast for free and explained that this is hotel policy. To be frank this small issue made me think about my review score but I said to myself "not such a big deal" hence the score is "very good"! However I do suggest that the management rethinks this policy as most people are accustomed to American breakfast and not English with baked beans etc.. The English breakfast itself was average at its best with American bacon (not English back bacon????) and the bacon was deep fried and curled up like shoe strings. The beans were floating in a tomato-kinda-sauce and uneatable for my taste buttes. I did order a room service cappuccino the day of my arrival and it was very good. I had no other meals at the Penthouse but I believe their food and beverage operations could be greatly improved.

Overall the property could use a little bit more up-keep and touché ups "here and there" such as the balcony floor and railing but all-in-all acceptable. I can recommend this hotel for anybody why is seeking an adult night about town or a vacation of erotic nature. The hotel has a great location geographically and the beach is at your finger tips! So...have a great time and by the way they have much cheaper rooms than the one I selected!

Room Tip: Patpong suite on the 5th floor with balcony and sea view
1 Thank Werner R
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 13 January 2013
Dear MR. Werner; .." Thank You "for your detailed and thoughtful Review,.. we will most certainly take to heart your valid points and hopefully when we see You again , all will be resolved in fine-tuning the points that you raised ! Best Regards from The Penthouse Hotel.