“best Pattaya hotel”

Penthouse Hotel
Gran Canaria, Spain
“best Pattaya hotel”
Reviewed 27 April 2013

This hotel will let you feel like you are at home. Really embassadores for the land of smile..
The stuff is really friendly and helpful.
If you turn up with a handful of friends, you will only get a smile :-)
The athmosphere and the lights in your room will really let you get a feeling of an adventure
A nightclub located in the first floor is allso a bonus!
Location is exellent - close to the entrance of walking street.

Not the prefered hotel for familys with children unless you are able to laugh of yourself :-)

Room Tip: On the second floor is a outside pool
  • Stayed December 2012, travelled solo
3 Thank Johnny L
PenthouseHotel, Director of Sales at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 28 April 2013
" Thank you ' Big' for taking the time to write of your recent 'PENTHOUSE EXPERIENCE' ..much appreciated by All ! ..also for remaking the point that; although we do all have the Warmest And Kindest affection for the 'Little Angles ! ' ..this is indeed an Adult Hotel, ... and we will certainly Warmly Welcome them in the future ! .. and indeed along with your Good-Selves..."

Families
Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (99)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 16 April 2013

Hotel is located in the center of the whole shebang in Pattaya and just a few steps from the beach. Staff were a big plus. They went to extra mile to support me with all my requests. They even baked a birthday cake for me that came with a bottle of Champagne in hotel club. This really helped my birthday celebration which turned out to be the best I’ve ever had. Can’t say enough about this hotel and look forward to returning next year.

2 Thank angmulls
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 16 April 2013
And; a Happy Birthday Next Year ! ...Hope to see you again in The Land-of-Smiles..Many thanks for your Review ! ..
Singapore, Singapore
Reviewed 12 April 2013

I stayed in this hotel in April 2013. I had read the comments, mostly good and very few negative but still thought of trying. This is an unique adult themed hotel, so one should avoid with children or parents. I will go point wise.

Location: Amazing location. The sea beach is 1/2 minutes walk, can be seen from the pool deck. Walking Steet is just 2 minutes walk, and you are already in the entertainment area. There are few gay bars opposite, but its one's personal choice as they never bother you. I am not gay and they never even bothered to ask me go inside.

Booking: I had been interacting with Ms. Rose over email for booking. Response is prompt. Also contactable over phone.

Finding the Hotel: I located the hotel on my GPS, so walked down there from the Toyota Commuter Van stop. Only 3-4 minutes walk. The aircon Toyota van charged me THB100 from Bangkok to Pattaya. It is 14 seater and comfortable.

Arrival: A warm welcome at reception with a drink and a big smile. Checking in took in 5 minutes and was ushered to my room.

The Room: 302. The room is unique and amazing. In my 2 nights stay I never found any insects. Mosquitoes may come in if the window is kept open after evening. But window got sliding mosquito nets. So one can still breathe fresh sea breeze if tired of aircon air. The aircon is not at all noisy. 42" television with recorded nightclub channel and ofcourse many regular channels. Channel of adult interest also there. The widest range for minibar I have ever seen. Seems they assume the tourist forget to bring everything but still can survive easy. There is room safe, different dimmable mood lights, dvd players, boom box, dancing pole, to mention just a few. Need some time to explore the room.

Food Service: Room Service is prompt and tasty food willing to be served even at wee hours of night. I tried a lunch at 2 pm. Breakfast has a long choice [not buffet] and enough tables to find a seat easily.

The Other areas: The whole hotel revolves around the same theme. Parts are blocked as is under renovation. My next room was under renovation. I do not think people go Pattaya to sit inside hotel room 24 hours, so I do not know how noisy it could be, but as long as I was there [I left hotel for beach at 3 pm] it was not noisy. As renovation is on, some areas are blocked for temporary storage. There are 2 cats and a small dog. The dog mostly sits inside the reception, not bothered with anyone. One of the cats is interactive, she keeps replying with a miao if you talk to her. Loved the cat, harmless and funny. However if one is allergic to animals, they would not bother you too.

The Pool Deck & Garden: Simply amazing. Actually the pool is a massive jaccuzi tub. Girl friends welcome from Kitten Club.

The Clubs: Nice with lot of choices of sexy girls and ladyboys.

Very friendly and polite staff, from reception till the house keepers. One is a pretty house keeper, speaks good English, funny and interactive.

I would go back here again and seems would be better after renovation. This is a boutique hotel so any five star hotel lovers may not love the interiors. This is so different and unique.

• Stayed April 2013, travelled solo
6 Thank FunFunny999
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 15 April 2013
" Thank You ..for taking the time to write such a complete, educated and seemingly very fair appraisal of your recent stay ! .. so glad that you appreciated our efforts to please; and look forward to welcoming you again Soon ! Hopefully our programme of continous re-modeling and innovation will have progressed and we will be able to offer still further levels of comfort and enjoyment, to enhance your Thailand experience with fond memories to match..
Hounslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed 4 April 2013

I stayed here in March 2013. A short break away from a business trip to Bangkok. I had not been to Pattaya before and as I was paying for the Hotel, I did not want to spend a lot, but also wanted to avoid "cheap hotels" - those who know Thailand will understand why I avoid those!
This hotel is ALL about nightlife & adult enjoyment. I had a "pool deck" room which is probably the nicest hotel room that I have ever stayed in. Honestly! I had a great time & at less than a third the cost of my Bangkok hotel room.
There was even an "exercise" swing in the room. This is a hotel where you have to try everything, and I tried. Even the swing. I have not rated the "Fitness Center". I think there is one, but I did not get there. The Beach was very close, but I did not try that either. I did try room service and that was good, even at 05.00. I liked the safe boxes in reception, plus the room safes (I only use the latter for trinkets). There also seemed to be staff around 24 hours, which is something that I normally associate with more expensive hotels.

Room Tip: Look at a few different rooms before you check in. I did & found that the rooms were all very d...
2 Thank Didier B
PenthouseHotel, Director of Sales at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 5 April 2013
" Just our kind of Guest ! .. Thank You, and Please come Again ! " ( I hope your Business proved successful !)
Toronto, Canada
Reviewed 29 March 2013

Stayed here for a few nights and was this ever a mistake. First day when we walked in the 2 lady's at front desk gave us a price and we agreed to it. That is when they asked us to prepay for the entire stay. When i questioned the logic behind it they explained that the entire motel was sold out and they wanted to make sure they don't turn anyone away to find out that we are not staying.

After a few minutes they got very aggressive and they started to shout and throw my money at my face. I knew it was time to leave and grabbed my suitcases and went out to get a cab but Since my friend was very tired and didn't want to go somewhere else he convinced me to prepay the entire stay. This is where the nightmare starts.

After spending the first night we asked for our money back so we could leave but they receptionist told us that would not be possible since we had prepaid. This is the reason they make sure you prepay your stay because they know for sure you wont stay past a night.

Here are the cons and pros:

1. Pros = Non
2. Cons=

a) Breakfast is included in the price but there is only 4 tables in the "dining room" so chances are you will have to wait for someone else to finish. I read somewhere in their website were there are 15 different room category's but somehow they only manage to have 4 tables at their dining room.

b) Internet is extremely slow and only available intermittently during the day. The chance you can use it is next to non.

c) rooms are old, outdated and full of roaches. The motel actually provides you with roach spray in all the rooms. I know this because the can in our room had the room number written on it with a marker. There are also roach traps under all the beds.
Most the roaches in our room came out of the bathroom and they had holes behind the mirrors where they hid inside.

d) Motel is situated in the gay district of Pattaya. The motel is also beside a transsexual strip club that seems to be ran by the hotel because they advertise for it in the motel lobby and elevator. When you first check in they give you free drink coupons to the club. Hotel also has direct access to the club. Don't have any issues with gay people but don't necessarily want to be in the gay district neither.

e) For our entire stay they had renovations in front of our room. Started at 8 am till 6pm. They used the jack hammer the entire time.

f) Service is nonexistent. The entire staff is rude and not interested at all in anything you might need or want.

g) swimming pool is very dirty and not usable. It seems like no one cleans it at all.

h) There are air conditioners in the rooms but they are very loud and if you want to leave them on overnight then it would be impossible to sleep with.

I) Entire place is very dirty. Starting from the lobby all the way to the rooms. Elevator is very slow, smells of fumes and filthy.

J) For my entire stay , there was a major leak in the lobby roof so the entire place was covered with bed sheets and water flooded the floors.

K) This place is supposed to be non smoking but everyone smokes and they had over 4 ashtrays in my room. I am assuming they want you to smoke as they have a "special fee" they charge if you smoke in the room, otherwise it makes no sense to provide multiple ashtrays in a non smoking room/motel.

All and all this place is like a bad dream and it Goes without saying that i would not recommend this motel to anyone.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
10 Thank Toishome
PenthouseHotel, Director of Sales at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 30 March 2013
Nice photographs of the renovations and ongoing upgrades!

(I thought this had previously been taken down after deliberation by Trip Advisor, even so, I will again post our original reply as listed below … I see that you now have also added to the story in the further interest of your cause, which of course we cannot discuss in the context of this media.)

“It all sounds terrible, if a little unbelievable ... I'm glad you have now recovered from what must have been a truly (if imaginary) horrendous experience. (What could you have done to upset our Thai Staff so completely, if we are to believe that your tirade is genuine.) - We have all experienced at some time the plague of the bad neighbor whom cannot be pacified or reasoned with, however hard one might try.

Hope you have better luck in the future (elsewhere) and find what you're looking for. Incidentally, we have had a re-count of the dining tables and again disappointed at your calculation but then again, I expect you were too busy photographing the wrong things and missed out many of the features and facilities that prove so popular here at The Penthouse Hotel.”

“P.S. In your photographic tour (renovations and bins) you missed the trash cans at the back of the hotel, (you know), the ones just behind the school but then again, maybe you can put this right on your next visit, if the Staff were to allow you entry. After all, it is a two-way situation and some customers are beyond the pale, cannot be accommodated and, as in your case, would justifiably be barely tolerated, again! Trip Advisor have been informed.”
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 20 March 2013

I spent three days at this impressive hotel in the heart of action packed Pattaya. It is an adult orientated hotel and caters for clientel that require a party atmosphere but with a certain style and panache. I stayed in a premiere room and was impressed by the facilities and decor. There was every facility needed for a good time with a large bed, mirrors in every direction, 42" TV mounted above the end of the bed and even a pole dancing facility if thats your fancy. It was air conditioned but also had a ceiling fan which I find preferable. There was a restaurant which served a good breakfast and room service is also available. The famous Walking street is a couple of minutes walk away but there are also two nightclubs in the basement so a good time is never too far away. I was expecting some noise because of the proximity to the nightlife but was pleasantly surprised and never had a bad night sleep.
I spent three great days there but should have booked more so think I will be back in the near future.

Room Tip: There are many different kinds of rooms available so I can only speak for room 403 which faced the m...
3 Thank MickB160
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 21 March 2013
What a Nice Review ! .. Postings such as this are indeed Most appreciated by all here at the Penthouse Hotel and certainlyprove an incentive to all our staff ( And management ) to further lift our service and facilities to fully earn such kind comments, .. look forward to seeing You Again !, ..
Guwahati, India
Reviewed 9 March 2013

It is the best hotel in Pattaya we stayed in this hotel on Feb 15th to 18th in Room num 214. we like n njoyed staying here.looking forward to visit again.best location best interiors friendly staffs overall its a hotel wre u wnt to visit again n again.

Room Tip: All rooms are gud
  • Stayed February 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Vimal J
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this review, 10 March 2013
" Thank You , Big ! .. fot this Very nice Review, .. we will continue to strive to make The Penthouse Hotel a memorial Experience and with such flattering a review such as this, it does indeed make our task just a little easier ! It also appears that our recently completed POOL-DECK Rooms and Jacussi Suites are proving to be some of our most popular, as they add another dimension to the holiday experience. Look forward to seeing you Again.. Much appreciated !