Penthouse Hotel
If you like this hotel, you might also be interested in
US$131
US$106
MGallery
US$258
Amari Ocean Pattaya(Pattaya)
US$102
Amari.com
Amari Nova Suites Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$50
US$143
US$101
Trip.com
Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya(Pattaya)
US$117
US$336
US$281
Agoda.com
A-One The Royal Cruise Hotel(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$109
US$83
US$144
US$97
Agoda.com
Mercure Pattaya Hotel(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$51
Agoda.com
All reviewspool deckthemed hoteladult hoteladult funadult themeadult channelsstripper poleswalking streetfun hotelunique hotelboys townlight switchesnight lifedvd playerconnecting roomsgreat roommini bar
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 15 December 2013

We have stayed here as a tour group mostly twice a year for the last three years. I will not add to the many reviews indicating just how niche and fantastic the Penthouse is as a concept. I have watched this hotel decline into the dirty roach-infested hovel that it is now. They are clearly not maintaining the building very well. Of the 5 rooms we booked in Dec 2013 only one had running water which was offset by a loudly whirring aircon that precluded sleep. The water that did come out became browner and browner and smelled badly. In fact the rooms all smelled and when I pointed this out they sent someone who simply grabbed a can of Baygon insect spray and attempted to "freshen" the air with poison. Despite the gas-chamber I gave up counting how many roaches I killed crawling around my room. The next morning I went down to reception to complain where I was greeted with a disgruntled guest who had actually called the police in to complain as the hotel was refusing him a partial refund. He was checking out for the same reasons we were. I went in search of new accommodation and returned asking for at least a partial refund. The manager said the best he could do was move us to other rooms. Other rooms that all had little or dirty running water. He said the problem was not the hotel's but the whole area. I went to a few restaurants in the immediate vicinity and adjacent to the place and all had clean running water. I said I would recount my experience on TripAdvisor and he he told me not to "threaten" him. This once great place is in desperate need of a complete overhaul. We will not stay there again.

• Stayed: December 2013, travelled with friends
12  Thank DesertSweeper
PenthouseHotel, Front Office Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 16 December 2013

" What a thoroughly unpleasant and uncalled-for 'Review ' … And from someone that has stayed with us so many times before ! ... ‘We did tell you to go-easy on the available temptations !’ anyway, thank You; and no doubt we Shall be seeing you again after you have more time to recollect your thoughts ! .. ( other members of your group actually Extended their stay) .. and as for that 'police visit' . which you do seem to have partially remembered; was in fact not as remembered ! But in relation only to a driving accident ! ... May-be we should request TA to remove this unsound report in the interest of All ?

And You are of course Quite Right, .. " We don’t have One Decent Room at The PENTHOUSE; .. on the Last count we do still have FIFTY-SIX ! ( You also forgot to include the SUITES ) ... Told you So Many times in the past to "go Easy'.. on the 'ard-stuff!" Almost look forward to seeing You Again !.. Take Care.

PS We, having Now Successfully achieved Your own personal 'Two Star rating', rest assured we will work tirelessly to achieve that final minus 'MINUS ONE STAR' accolade, as both to a pinnacle to our own attained Success; .. and, also to your own undoubted wisdom & self-control under temptation.

Reviewed 12 December 2013

We've just spent a very interesting week at the Penthouse Hotel. We stayed in two rooms and looked at several others. None were exactly the same although they had the main features in each one which represent the hotel theme. Which is adult. Pluses include the location. Almost on the beach and close to the action. 24 hour Room Service. Which we certainly needed as our sleeping patterns were very irregular to say the least. I think Pattaya has this impact on many people. Party all night. Sleep all day. We found the lift a bit slow. Most times we took the stairs. We will be back one day.

Room Tip: Book in advance. That's why we had to change rooms.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled as a couple
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 December 2013

>>>>>>>>.......... " Yes ! ... The lift is Not our main attraction, .. best take the Stairs as your regular training exercise; so as to face yet Another night in 'Fun-City'.. if you are able !.. Thank You, and come-Back-Soon."

Reviewed 4 December 2013

This is an adult theme hotel which is a fun/sexy gettaway for honey mooners, couples or singles to go to. Situated close to the beach, good restaurants ,nite clubs and shopping malls. Also tailors and jewlry stores a short walk. Has a boat ride to nearby island for day trip and van available for short trips or ride to airport. Not your typicle hotel this is like Dysnland for adults.

Room Tip: Can try basic room but there is no problem moving to a fancier upgraded room if one is available. Many different rooms available with different decours they will be happy to show you,pick the one you want.
  • Stayed: October 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Arturo52
PenthouseHotel, Public Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 6 December 2013

" Disney-Land for Adults ? .... NO ! ... Disney was Never this much Fun ! ( apologies to Disney ) ... Thanks and see you Again , .."

Reviewed 20 November 2013

this hotel is not for families as, they advertised it on their website as well. room service is super fast. i changed rooms once because i simply wanted to try out their other rooms that they had. both rooms were awesome. i was there with my gf and we did take advantage of the hotel being guest friendly.the staff dont bat an eyelid with ur "guests" unlike some other places which are advertised as guest friendly. ambience of the hotel is the best ever. they were very accomodating when i checked out at noon and left my bags there only to pick them up at 9 p.m that night. my bags were kept safely. me and my gf were very pleased with the hotel. my only complaint is, they didnt respond to my e-mail queries regarding the room and what is provided inside and they did not have the penthouse t-shirts in my size, all the sizes were 3xl and above.i really wanted a shirt of the penthouse hotel, i hope on my next visit they will have shirts sizes in medium sizes. i liked the place very much and preferred my 2nd room.upon leaving i thanked the reception staff and the owner ( i did not get a chance to chat up with him but i assume he is the owner, always saw him wearing black) and thank him myself and complimented on his hotel.i did ask if i could use their swimming pool ( they have 2 pools) 1 was outdoors and another indoors, i wanted to use the indoor pool but the staff said i need to notify them 1 day in advance, will try that out on my next trip which is most probably in january. i definately will be back again.DEFINATELY. keep up the good work sir ( the man in black, haha)

Room Tip: both my rooms were good for me.
  • Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
3  Thank njoy w
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 21 November 2013

" Man-in-Black; .. He say 'Come-Back-Soon' .. Indoor-Pool open Every-Day ! "

Reviewed 12 November 2013

We were in Thailand to record a special episode of my show RICO IS TRIPPIN'. We went to film in Pattaya for the Songkran festival. We needed an exotic location, with lots of energy, excitement, and beautiful girls. Pattaya and the Penthouse Hotel definitely delivered that and more.
After viewing their enticing website, we had to check things out. (Note: This is a specialized hotel for adult party time. Quagmire and Austin Powers kind of scene, YEAH BABY, Giggity!)
They picked me up from our hotel in Bangkok in a Privacy X-Champagne Limo (just a fancy van really), with two lovely ladies to escort us to Pattaya.
When we arrived, the owner and the manager greeted us in reception, checked us in quickly and they were very helpful with directions, information and translating for us. The owner/manager of the hotel was friendly, and very gracious host, as he gave us permission to film in the Hotel for our show, just as long as no ones privacy was invaded. This hotel definitely understands and respects your PRIVACY.
The hotel has many strange and exotic areas within, the twists and turns of the hallways, and corridors and stairs were quite unusual and interesting. It is an older hotel that is steadily upgraded and making new additions. There were all kinds of party and disco style lighting in the room.The furniture, the various objects and devices in the room, the bed and the atmosphere definitely let me know that this is a grown up hotel, for grown up happy time.
The Restaurant was really good, the food is delicious with plenty of menu items to choose from with reasonable prices. Room service was good too.
The location was ok. A little too close to Boys town and the lady boys for me. But just down the road, within walking distance was the Beachfront, and the famous Pattaya Walking Street.

Cons: The entertainment system and the wiring was not the greatest or most modern. I had to do a lot of figuring out which wire went where, to get all my devices and cameras hooked up properly.
Some things, like the only elevator and some of their balconies, may seem a little old, worn down, and in need of repair or replacing.
The Suite was a little smaller than I thought it would be, and regular lighting was a little dim at night time. The Jacuzzi bathtub was dated and should be replaced and the shower head did not work at all. The room safe did not work as the wires inside the electronic safe were fried/burned out. The only phone in the room did not work at all, so they lent me a mobile phone to call downstairs if I needed anything.

Overview: Despite the age of the Hotel and it's location next to boys town, it is still worth it. I was told that many improvements and new additions have been made, so I am anxious to see them. Not overly expensive, wild, crazy, fun times. If you came to party and you desire a Quagmire/Austin Powers kind of trip, definitely try the Penthouse Hotel, Pattaya.

Wanna see what we experienced at this hotel? Check out the RICO GOLDSTAR channel on YouTube and watch our show RICO IS TRIPPIN'. Look for me on Facebook.

Room Tip: Book Early if you are going during a holiday. Get the newest suites they have, and ask for a package deal. Go to their website for details.
  • Stayed: April 2013, travelled with friends
PenthouseHotel, Guest Relations Manager at Penthouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 19 November 2013

" Keep up the Good work ! ... ( Enjoyed the Video ) .... And; .. I think all relevant points have been addressed, and now look forward to your return...."