“Ahhh! The Serenity.”

Ranked #3 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Pacific Pines, Australia
“Ahhh! The Serenity.”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

After a frenetic week in Bangkok we arrived at the Rabbit Resort desperate to relax for 3 nights. Our room was authentic, comfortable and quiet. The bathroom was spotless, the shower was huge and there was more than enough space in the room to spread out our luggage. Sitting outside our room provided entertainment from the wildlife as well as the regular visits from the resident cat and dog.
We regularly visited the adult pool area which was both relaxing and very quiet. We particularly enjoyed the 'bath' temperature of the water. Breakfast was excellent as was the service from the restaurant staff.
The Resort's quiet location requires some effort if traveling into the city centre however transport is abundant, and easy, and after a couple of trips we became proficient. The idea of the access road being closed during the day to local vehicular traffic adds to the serenity and we found the whole experience one of our best hotel resort stays. Thanks to all the staff for rejuvenating us until the next stay.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (280)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 March 2012

I had a fantastic time at the Rabbit Resort in Pattaya. This hotel is something out of the ordinary. Compared to all the high-rise hotels in busy Pattaya, Rabbit Resort is tucked away in the quiet corner of Pattaya and is made up of thai-style wooden cottages. It was most certainly the MOST AUTHENTIC hotel we came across in our two week stay in Thailand. The resort has been built within a small forest with plants and birds that you will not see at any other resort. Every morning you will wake up to birds singing and the resort is still on the beachfront!

What makes the resort really special is the service from the staff - during my stay it was my birthday and all the catering staff and hotel manager sang me happy birthday and gave me a cake. They had checked my details and worked it out - how nice!!!

I can not thank Windy the hotel manager enough for all of her help whilst we were there - if we wanted any information on restaurants, sightseeing, taxis, anything, Windy would always give the best advice and always went beyond her duties as a manager - me and my wife have come away with a new friend! My wife who has a back problem found the bed too soft and immediately, Windy had another mattress arranged for our room. The food at the restaurant is of a very high standard and often better than what you can buy outside even at the best restaurants.

If you want to be treated special, or want to treat your partner to something special, stay at the Rabbit Resort.

It really is the no. 1 place to stay in Pattaya :)

Room Tip: Near the adult pool you get the best wi-fi and they are also closest to the restaurant, bar and beac...
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 13 March 2012

We feel so lucky to have found this place right on the beach.
Was perfect for our four night stopover en route from Sydney to London.
The rooms were great value, clean and great condition.
The food was great and drinks reasonably priced.
Loved that there were two pools, one being adults only.
Service was excellent from the guy on the beach right through to Windy at front of house.
We left feeling rested and relaxed which was exactly what we'd hoped for.
It's only 20baht each and 20 mins to Walking Street if you want the hustle.
I'd certainly recommend this place and will definitely stay here again.

Gavle, Sweden
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 March 2012

+ Good location, secluded but central
+ The staff! Great service!
+ Green and lush garden and adult poolarea

- The area at the familypool is a bit worn
- Way too expencive
- Unattractive beach

• Stayed February 2012
2 Thank JohanInSweden
RabbitMrs, Owner at Rabbit Resort, responded to this review, 15 March 2012
Hello Gavle Switzerland - thanks so much for your nice review. We really appreciate your comment regarding the family pool. We were in the middle of replanting the center island and were waiting for the more mature plants to arrive. I am sorry that was not clear. Anytime our guests have ideas or suggestions we immediately address the situation and improve as much as possible. Thanks again and hope to see you next time! Deborah Mrs. Rabbit
Malaga, Spain
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 8 March 2012

Rabbit Resort is a very tranquil and calm hotel in the middle of the mayhem that is Pattaya. The hotel is small and pretty, lots of attention to detail with very good service. The website is a true representation. The pool area (one for adults) is charming, peaceful and very relaxing. It has been beautifully desigend in the Thai way. We spent most of our time there. My only complaint is the beach and its limited lounger space. The loungers are crammed together like sardines. Most off putting unless you want to lie very close to a complete stranger! Also there are not enough of them and unless you are up at the crack of sparrows to" bag your bed", you may well be disappointed. I do not believe that Rabbit Resort will be able to improve this situation. They are making the most of what they have.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled as a couple
RabbitMrs, Owner at Rabbit Resort, responded to this review, 9 March 2012
Dear Almoon - Thank you so much for the nice review. So glad you enjoyed the resort and the natural environment. We recently upgraded the lounges chairs with new pads to make our beach guests more comfortable So far, the feedback has been very positive. We do not control the size and shape of the beach area, the City of Pattaya regulates that very closely. I am sorry we can't change those features. Thanks again and we really appreciate you staying with us. Best Bunny Wishes - Deborah, Mrs. Rabbit
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

My mother and I booked 10 nights at the amazing Rabbit Resort, as we both suffer from back pain we were looking for some well needed R and R and the Rabbit diddnt dissapoint! With its authentic Thai style surroundings and accomidation as well as a great restauarant and private beach area the resort ticks every box. Great for people wanting to stay in a quiter part of Pattaya with a nicer beach. Above all was the level of service which we recieved from Ang dealing efficiently with our booking to the day to day chats we had with Deborah and Wendy who would every morning check to make sure everyone is having a highly pleasent experience. A really special place.

• Stayed February 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank C D
penang
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 March 2012

So as a senior contributor on Tripadvisor, I feel it necessary to go more in depth on this resort review than I have on my others.I was in PATTAYA for a inter schools sporting competition for my son.he stayed with his team at another hotel in the city, I decided that since my wife and I were traveling with my 72 year old mother, we wanted to be away from the sleaze(THERE IS ALOT OF THAT IN PATTAYA IN EVERYWAY YOU CAN THINK OF),so trip advisors best hotel reviewed hotel was my choice to make.
After 4 days I can safely say that it is NOT the best priced hotel nor the most beautiful,BUT it is probably the most relaxing,tranquil setting I have been to in a long time.
We arrived in the evening,and greeted at the airport by our driver sent by the hotel on time and driven from BK to PATTAYA in under 2 hours.on arrival at The Rabbit we were promptly greeted by the resort manager Wendy,and the check in was done in dynamite time.no waiting or papers to sign or Credit cards to authorize.we were taken to our antique 2bedroom chalet which had a very nice charm to it albeit that it is very quaint,so the are NO frills in the room whatsoever.the amenities and room are very basic with an old rustic charm of antique furniture,and a strict non smoking policy in the rooms,with a lovely small seating area outside the room to puff away.it's when your sitting outside your room that you feel the nature behind the resort.day or night, you will hear birds chirping,squirrels talking,lizards talking,and it's just so beautiful.I'm not really a bush type of guy,never have been and I like my little luxuries but this wasn't so bad at all being nestled amongst nature.I took an early swim in the resorts private beach area which was great and a great way to start my day every morning.Wendy the beautiful soul she is went through every measure to ensure my stay was a happy one,organizing all my transport logistics perfectly, because I must add that the resort is somewhat away from all of PATTAYA and is a bit out of the way.knowing this,it still represents a great escape away from all the seediness of the gay and prostitute community PATTAYA revels in.the breakfast every morning was basic but well presented but nothing to shout home about.the hotel tried to accommodate my halaal requests but didn't do the most fantastic job of that as I was told by the chef that this is not a Muslim hotel.fine it's ok,we ate we survived.every evening when we returned it was great to have a shower and just relax at the coffee shop in front and get the breeze of the ocean and unwind.overall would I stay here again?possibly.I'm torn between the location,the value,but I highly praise the attempt to make customers happy,although it only having 49 rooms is not too hard to set a standard.I enjoyed the stay,and if I was deciding on going to pattaya just for the nature then this would be my resort choice.logistically it can be hard to get around from and to the resort, so that is something you should just live with once there.Wendy would definitely make me come back and I never understood why she hasn't been stolen from the big hotels.she knows exactly how to deal with customers perfectly.Mrs Rabbit was not there so we never got a chance to meet her and Mr Rabbit is ok as a face of the hotel,but it is Wendy that makes it special.So in summary....nice resort,very peaceful,tranquil location,nice private beach.....flipside.....not the best value or comfort or food,but can be improved over time.I think I will try it out again if I were to visit this silly city again.

Room Tip: Get a room near the quit pool.
  • Stayed March 2012, travelled with family