“Rabbit Resort again”

Barcelona, Spain
“Rabbit Resort again”
Reviewed 25 September 2012

Hi,

Third trip to Thailand since 2007 , third stay in RR, this time with my niece Paola. Service has been perfect ( reception, restaurant, pool, beach ), like previous visits, so congratulations to maintain such a high quality of service . Nice feeling to be there again surrounded by these nice vegetation and peaceful atmosphere all over. Staff were very polite and always willing to make your stay as nice as the place is. We stayed in a forest room up, clean,quite, typical RR colonial furniture decoration and nice views to this lovely garden that is the RR, my niece choose the thai bed that is quite comfortable, the double bed is superb.

Thanks Rabbit Resort

Pedro & Paola

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank Pedro124

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (284)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
Hartlepool
Reviewed 22 September 2012

My family stayed at the Rabbit Resort in Mid August and to be honest it was a very special place. Our rooms were lovely and clean with lots of Thai character. The staff at the resort where very polite and allways had a smile on their faces. Wendy is the hotels Mrs fix it, if you have any problems or questions then Wendy is the lady to ask. When we first arrived at the resort we came in through the back way because the road at the front of the resort is closed during the day, I must admit I was a little worried because it was not too pretty but as soon as you walk through the gates, you are in paradise. The beach area was very nice and always clean, the hotel beach guy was always present and was always on hand if you needed a drink.
The food was always nice and hot, with a great choice. If you are looking for a nice place to eat one night, try "Cabbages and Condoms" a lovely hotel not far from the resort (taxi 300bht).

Taxi from our hotel in Bangkok (Rembrandt hotel) to the Rabbit Resort was 1600 bht (large street taxi for 4 people and luggage) and the taxi back to Bankok airport at 5am was 2500 bht through Wendy. This taxi was very spacious and wendy even offered us a breakfast box for our journey.

My only critisism of the Rabbet resort is that it does not have a streaming webcam looking down on the entrance and beach area. I would just love to have a peek now and again to remind me of such a lovely place.

• Stayed August 2012, travelled with family
Dubai, United Arab Emirates
Reviewed 20 September 2012

Hi
I can't remember how many times we have visited Rabbit Resort, but one thing I know for sure: we have never stopped going back to Rabbit Resort since our first visit in 2005. Each time we returned to Rabbit Resort, it was a totally different enchanting experience but at the same time, it felt like "HOME". There is this magic that seems to be in the air in RR that draws you back again and again. After so many many visits, I realised that the success factors of RR are the following:
- Vision of the owners Paisan and Deborah to always stay true to themselves, bringing their passion, charm and personal touch to the resort, giving it a unique identity
- Excellent team of well-trained staff, coordinated by the efficient, lively and gorgeous manager Wanida.
- Well maintained and superb facilities with top quality customer service

When we are at RR, we always felt welcomed, and the staff are always eager to please and to make sure that our stay there is as comfortable as possible.

Over the years, we have gotten to know Paisan, Deborah and Wanida even better. It feels so much like a family reunion each time we are there.

We have been to RR twice so far this year - once in June and another time in September. During our last visit, the moment we arrived, it was as if we have not been away. It just felt so right. You have to visit and spend time in Rabbit Resort to experience this yourself and perhaps you can then comprehend what it feels like to be able to enjoy your holidays in a place which is so different from the other commercial hotels and resorts. Each time we are there, we also meet up with returning guests who are also attracted to RR for similar reasons. Rabbit Resort has got the winning formula - which I have not found anywhere else in other parts of the world or even in Thailand.

It was difficult to say goodbye to Paisan, Deborah and Wanida and of course the Rabbit Resort each time. But like a chinese saying: "If there is no goodbye, there will not be a reunion." And we certainly look forward to the next reunion with the Rabbit Family in December. You should give it a try and perhaps you will be captivated by the same magic we are.

Best regards
Will

• Stayed September 2012, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 18 September 2012

This is our first stay at Rabbit, and not our last.
I can see why this property has been on top of the heap in Pattaya for so long.
It is a total package.
The property itself has a lot of vegetation, and looks very tropical (being in town)
Pattaya does not do it for me, in fact I cant stand it at all, though we where there for a reason, not a holiday.
the room was large and full fitted out with large fridge, mircrowave oven and a full assembly of cutlery and crockery was impressive. So, if you want to to bring food back and reheat etc in the room EVERYTHING was there for your use.
Our room over looked the family pool, and was great.
Aircon, toiletries and the bed itself was great, and one of the most comfortable that Iv'e had in a Hotel/Resort.
prices in the restaurant was very reasonable. The restaurant was fairly small but good. Breakfast was buffet, and had everything there that you would want, with a fresh egg station.
So, to have a resort which basically took us "away" from the Pattaya feel............
The Rabbits (owners) and there team make this a win. As the personal service and the genuine "want" to look after you, and to give you real "hospitality" is the win combination.
The resort is opposite the beach, its the off season (wet season) know (Sep) in Thailand so it was fairly quiet.
Well done Rabbit Resort, keep it up.

• Stayed September 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank rickyb62
London UK
Reviewed 16 September 2012

Stayed a few nights in a cottage room. Very basic and not particularly comfortable room with nowhere to sit other than on the bed and a small terrace - although there was little privacy. Pool was OK but quite small and if more than a few people in it got quite crowded. Breakfast so-so - the choice was not very varied. Location is rather difficult to reach - not exactly in walking distance of amenities. If you like 'rustic' and getting away from it all then I guess that this place is OK but you would have to sacrifice comfort and amenities for it.

• Stayed March 2012, travelled as a couple
2 Thank Happytiler
RabbitMrs, Owner at Rabbit Resort, responded to this review, 17 September 2012
Dear HappyTiler
Thank you for your review. My husband (Mr. Rabbit), myself (Mrs. Rabbit), Wendy (our resort manager and our team all remember you and your wife very well. We all tried very hard to make you happy and to provide the best experience during your visit. We spoke with you at least 10 times over the few days you were here always trying to make sure everything was perfect.

You are right, Rabbit Resort is designed as a traditional "rustic" Thai Theme resort offering wood houses located directly on Dongtan Beach, the best beach in Pattaya. That's our Concept. We don't have chrome, glass, chandeliers or discos. We are all about nature - catering to those guests that want to experience the quieter side - birds, squirrels, butterflies and a lush forest. Instead of having one olympic size pool, we have two pools: a lovely quiet adult pool and a fun child's pool. Most guests like this split arrangement. We are hard to find and most people like that because we are secluded, away from the noise of Pattaya. Numerous shops, restaurants, banks ATM are within a 5 minute walk to Jomtien.

Again, I am very sorry you were not totally satisfied with your visit, we will use your comments to improve our resort. Thank you very much - Deborah Mrs. Rabbit
Reviewed 16 September 2012

The rabbit resort was such an amazing place to stay. The staff is so accommodating and genuine. The owners are personable and willing to help plan your trip. It's feels like paradise and the rooms are exotic and feel you are in a jungle. The beach was wonderful and extremely close. I can't wait to come back and I would definitely stay there again without a doubt.

• Stayed August 2012
Bangkok
Reviewed 15 September 2012

I totally agree with Livinlifes61’s review of September 13th, 2012. Pattaya itself is a matter of taste. I hate it and I only go there when I have to. I won’t elaborate further; all information is available on internet. But if you go there, Rabbit Resort is the place to stay. Again, I won’t go into details, because everything positive that has been said, is true. What impressed me was the way they deal with problems. The air con in our “Cottage” was a bit too noisy - it must be said that I’m extremely fussy about noise. Five minutes after my complaint, we had a mechanic trying to fix the problem. He didn’t succeed. Very shortly after that, Wendy, the manager appeared. Another fifteen minutes later, we had a new room, a discount on our prepaid room, and a fresh fruit platter for apology. Wendy is as professional, efficient and kind as you can wish. I would like to thank her personally here for how she handled this, something I have not often witnessed in other places.
I’d like to add that I found the 2nd floor “Forest room” we ended up in finally more pleasant than the “Cottage”. Although a bit smaller, the Forest room provides more intimacy than the “Cottage which opens to the pool.
But whichever room you choose, you won’t be disappointed because these people will go out of their way to make you feel comfortable. And in a place like Pattaya that’s just what is needed.

Room Tip: Forest rooms (2nd , but also 1st floor) seem to provide more intimacy than Cottages.