“An oasis of civilisation in the madness of Pattaya”
Review of Rabbit Resort

Rabbit Resort
Ranked #3 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed for a couple of nights on the way home from an idyllic holiday in Vietnam and Cambodia, and as this was our first experience of Thailand we were pleased to find that the Rabbit Resort provided us with the pleasant end to our holiday that we had hoped for (even if Pattaya itself was a bit of a shock).
Our upstairs room was very comfortable and clean, the lush green hotel grounds were beautifully kept and breakfasts were delicious. But, above all, every one of the staff provided fantastic, friendly service, always with a greeting and a smile. The management team always seemed to be on hand and to go out of their way to ensure that we were happy and that any of our trips out went smoothly.
Loved the poolside telephone for drinks service!

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple
RabbitMrs, Owner at Rabbit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 22 March 2014

Hello Welsh Prince: I often recommend travelers to make sure to visit Siem Reap if you are traveling to South East Asia. It is not to be missed and fantastic, especially if you are photographer. Mr. Rabbit takes photos of everything and returns from a trip with thousands of photos. So glad you had a wonderful holiday and thanks for choosing Rabbit Resort as your Thailand location. Cheers from all the bunny staff. Deborah Mrs. Rabbit

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed 8 March 2014

Stayed here a number of times and it is always great. Lovely setting, fantastic staff, great restaurant overlooking the beach and a magic all of its own. I love it and hope to be back again next year. It fully deserves its no 1 ranking.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled solo
1  Thank jpflondon1959

Hello dear UK guest - thanks again for returning. We are very fortunate to have many return guests stay with us. It is a variety of reasons that attract guests to return here to Rabbit. Good food, Nice people serving you, the landscaping, the rooms, the beach and more. Most of all it's our slogan - Service equals Kindness. Our service is not driven by financial gain it is from the heart. If your watch battery stops we will find the shop and buy the battery for you (just happened today). Any hotel can make money - but it's the special small places that provide that little extra feeling that people remember. That's our goal and hope guests feel that too. Thanks again for the nice review and for returning. Deborah Mrs. Rabbit

Reviewed 6 March 2014

My husband and I chose to have our wedding ceremony at the Rabbit Resort on Dongtan Beach in Pattaya. As the bride, I am an expat who has been living and working in Pattaya and I felt that Rabbit Resort could provide the scenic and intimate wedding ceremony that I was looking for, while still being a convenient location for catching songthaews at night into Pattaya. I was looking for a location that was convenient for my Thai coworkers to join, and yet would provide my out-of-town guests opportunities for sightseeing. I found the Rabbit Resort to be the best all-around choice.

I am very satisfied with my choice. The Manager, Windy, was quick to respond to my requests leading up to the wedding and she had everything in place. Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit were personally involved in the wedding day activities, showing guests to their rooms, leading people to the beach for the ceremony, and responding to all of my guest’s needs. I received so many positive comments about how delicious the food was and how generous Rabbit Resort was with it. In addition, the flower decorations were beautiful. The resort was fantastic, my guests enjoyed swimming in the ocean, everyone was tempted by the beautiful pool, and it was so much fun to stay at Rabbit Resort with a group, because you wind your way through beautifully landscaped paths to each other’s’ villas. Each villa was a little bit different; however they all had the same high quality antiques and fixtures done in the beautiful Thai style. My pool-side villa provided a picturesque setting for my wedding preparations, with plenty of room for helpers to gather. I had a beautiful beach wedding ceremony followed by a set dinner in the largest of the raised historic Thai houses. The 150 year-old Thai house provided a very special dinner atmosphere that my husband and I will never forget. It was also fun to be able to end the night with a quick ride in the back of a songthaew around Pattaya and then a stroll on the beach. So many great memories. I wish it had lasted longer! Highly recommended!

2  Thank Melissa B

Dearest Bride and Groom: We are so happy that we pleased you with our service and facilities for your wedding. It was lovely, the blue chair decorations and arch on the ocean matched perfectly, highlighted by the sea's blue backdrop. When couples have weddings at Rabbit Resort it is not a cookie cutter event. Rather, it is tailored to every couples desires and dreams. We don't have packages, rather we create it exactly as they desire. This is the true beauty of Rabbit Resort, personal attention and the best service we can provide. Cheers to you both and many happy wedding wishes from the Rabbit Staff. Thank you for choosing us. Mr and Mrs. Rabbit, plus Windy daughter Bunny.

Reviewed 3 March 2014

My wife and I stayed here for a week at the end of February, 2014 and can't speak highly enough of the place. Firstly the rooms were very nice, clean and comfortable and contained everything we required (we stayed in a bottom storey room close to the pool). The grounds of the resort are very well kept and maintained, it really is very peaceful, the pool was beautiful too. The staff and management as mentioned in all other reviews are so friendly and helpful and really go out of their way to make sure you have what you need and are having a good time. I would highly recommend this resort to anybody looking for a wonderful place to say in Pattaya, it certainly beats all the concrete high rise resorts in the area.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello dear Australian Guest - When we built Rabbit Resort we had a choice to build a high rise with lots of concrete or low density with small houses and lots of lush landscaping. Well, guess what - we built the small Thai Houses and never regretted our decision. We live at the resort and planned our retirement in this lovely forest. High rises are all around us where other developers choose the other route. But we are happy in our small enclave of 10 rai - 4 ares with lots of squirrels, flowers, birds and butterflies right on Dongtan Beach. Thank you to everyone that has helped us achieve our dream - Rabbit Resort. Deborah Mrs. Rabbit

Reviewed 3 March 2014

I have to concur with all the positive reviews this hotel receives.
The hotel is for people who want somewhere with a south east Asia rustic appearance and boutique atmosphere together with friendly and caring management and staff. Mr and Mrs Rabbit the owners and Windy the General Manager are constantly on hand checking that everything is alright and ensuring that guests are happy. The establishment is more like a private estate than a typical hotel. A birthday cake was paraded in at breakfast on our second day, the occasion having been picked up from our passports when we had checked in.
Our upstairs forest room was comfortable with a furnished balcony with table, two chairs and clothes dryer. There was plenty of storage space for two massive suitcases, bags, and hanging and drawer space well in excess of what the average person (not us!) needs. A safe is provided, two umbrellas, robes and slippers and an adequate selection of toiletries. Plenty of hot water and efficient air conditioning. A refrigerator, microwave and kettle, together with a selection of plates, glasses and cutlery were also provided, as was an electric mosquito repeller. I am very attractive to biting insects but experienced no problems while at the hotel.
The room was well cleaned everyday, and very discretely; we stayed for over two weeks but never managed to run into the room maids. Towels are provided for the pools and beach.
For a hotel of this size the breakfast choice was more than adequate, and the hotel restaurant is very good - fabulous pizzas!
There is now wifi around the resort. We did not try using it in the public areas but in our room it was slooooooooooow and only good for mail, websites taking too long to load. That is however nit picking in the context of what the hotel offers and provides.
I don't know how ratings on TripAdviser are worked out and it seems rather strange to compare a small boutique hotel like Rabbit with something like the Marriott or Hilton. Chalk and cheese and two different types of market. But if you like this kind of hotel and experience it certainly deserves a high rating. We'd come back again if returning to Pattaya.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled as a couple

Hello Dear UK guest - We really appreciate your detailed review of room 107. It is downstairs on the adult pool, known as our Super Villa. It is the only room at the resort that has a clothes washer in the room. It has a large living, dining and small bedroom that works well for couples and families. Plus, a nice patio with lots of shady trees allowing for outside seating even on the warmest days. Cheers and thanks again for your kind comments. Deborah Mrs. Rabbit

Reviewed 28 February 2014

Went out of my way to return to the Rabbit Resort after having a great stay 2 years ago. Second time around I love it just as much or more than before. We had "antique" room #607 which was really comfortable and practical. Other than the perfect rooms, gardens, pool, beach etc, I think what really makes it, is the close attention to warm and personal service that you experience from the minute you arrive to the minute you leave the parking lot. Many thanks to Deborah and Windy for your great service once again. It's no surprise to me that this resort has many repeat customers.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with friends
1  Thank JimofOttawa
RabbitMrs, Owner at Rabbit Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 2 March 2014

Hello Ottawa Guest - So nice to see you again after 2 years. Our pleasure to have you here with your friend. It is not just myself and Windy, it is the other 60 persons that are employed here. Most of them live on the property. All of us do our very best to make sure your have a great time. Room 607 is an antique with extra bedroom and perfect for families, or friends that want to stay together in a large room. Thanks again and look forward to seeing you again next time. Best bunny wishes - Deborah Mrs. Rabbit

Reviewed 21 February 2014 via mobile

I recently stayed for 4 nights with my husband. I cannot fault Deborah the owner and her staff lead by Windy on anything. Impeccable well maintained units in the forest with very effective air conditioning, a large fridge in a fully equipped kitchen, big bathroom and big bed.
Smiles and a great attitude by all staff at all times. A restaurant that put an incredibly fussy husband at ease.

The only thing I can deduct points for would be the very hard bed. We got the sponge mattress overlays before our first night but it made very little difference to our soft mattress bodies. Sore backs was ours every morning. We probably should have asked for a second overlay...

I cannot recommend this resort enough - had a very pleasant stay.

Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Hi HendrikB, thank you for writing. So happy that you enjoyed staying with us at Rabbit Resort.
We have special soft mattresses for the beds, as many as you would like. No problem to increase 2 or 3. Just let us know and our maids will put them on for you. Happy to help.
Service = Kindness, thank you Deborah Mrs. Rabbit