“Hidden oasis in the big city . . .”
Review of Rabbit Resort

Rabbit Resort
Ranked #2 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Scottsdale, Arizona
“Hidden oasis in the big city . . .”
Reviewed 20 May 2014

My wife and I stayed at the Rabbit Resort for three days R&R following a demanding three week trek in the Himalayas. Our stay was far too short, but wonderful and recuperative while it lasted. True to its name, there is an omnipresent "rabbit" theme to this resort that you would have to be blind to miss. Kitschy, but it works. There is a definite charm to the well-manicured grounds infused with bunny-paraphenalia of all sorts, fronting a quiet section of Jomtien Beach with two relaxing pools (one exclusively adult; one for families and children), multiple comfortable and spacious Thai-style bungalows, and a first-rate beach-front restaurant. The resort is tucked into a surprising verdant portion of the city between Pattaya town and Jomtien Beach that you could easily mistake for a top-notch tropical resort in the more upscale resort towns of Phuket or Krabi. You would not be faulted if you were to spend your entire vacation on the Rabbit Resort premises and never venture out to explore the town. The owners are extremely friendly and accommodating, and genuinely intent that every patron have the best experience possible during their stay. Be sure to ask about the origin of Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit's name, and don't forget to try the delicious and reasonably priced young coconuts by the poolside. If I had one complaint about our stay, it would be that the bar has not yet concocted a libation to be served up in these coconuts with a colorful little umbrella sticking out. BTW, there is no spa on site, but an excellent nearby one recommended by the owners that will pick you up if (like us) you are too lazy to walk. Reasonably priced roundtrip shuttle between Bangkok airport and the Rabbit Resort can be arranged when booking; travel time 1.5-2 hrs each way depending on traffic.

Room Tip: They all appear to be good rooms, patios downstairs and balconies upstairs, spacious and with good A...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank mgsills

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (281)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Finnish first
  • Hungarian first
  • Korean first
  • Thai first
  • Vietnamese first
london UK
Reviewed 19 May 2014

Once again to Rabbit Resort - the rather hypnotic, must visit resort, on the edge of Pattaya. Some very nice surprises this time - firstly we received an upgrade to a family house! This meant lots of extra space with a balcony overlooking the sea - delightful! During casual conversation with staff we mentioned that it was our anniversary. Hey presto next day an anniversary cake appeared - again free and gratis from Mr and Mrs Rabbit. Hoorah! My wife managed to leave her wedding ring in the room on the day we were leaving. It is a very valuable ring, yet a nice cleaner by the name of Poon returned it - how about that for honesty! I won't even mention the little freebies - the odd ice cream, even a cinema ticket :-)
I have no need to write about the quality of the resort - so many others have done this i.e. the service (hi to the restaurant staff and our old friend , the head cook), food, rooms, pools, friendliness etc - all is true - but nothing can match the personal touch that Debs, Paisan and the team give you. Will we be going yet again? Absolutely and for sure. See you soon Debs and Paisan x

Room Tip: all the rooms are good. Pool side rooms are especially nice. Nearer to the front, the better the wif...
  • Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
San Francisco, California
Reviewed 15 May 2014

I'd first like to start off by stating that I am a SPG (Starwood) Platinum member (highest level). As modest as I can state, I always expect superior 5 star service. While I understand Rabbit Resort is not a SPG property (personally owned by Mr. and Mrs. Rabbit), I must say that the Resort is ON PAR with SPG 5 star hotels. Now that is impressive.

Pros:
- Delicious food - I ate at the resort for breakfast, lunch, and dinner. The 15% voucher makes it even sweeter for dinner (in your room)
- Superior service - the owner Mrs. Rabbit greeted us when we were at the hotel. The other owner Mr. Rabbit also said hello to us, shaking hands, the next day. Mrs. Rabbit offered to pay for our first round of drinks, and went through the things to do in the area and the potential pitfalls as well. Outstanding!
- Tour - we booked the elephant tour. There was a misunderstanding on where to meet the driver (which is not the hotel's fault), so we ended up waiting around for 1 hour before getting on the bus. It was extremely frustrating. However, the front desk drove my colleague over (he went back and forth trying to find the bus). She was extremely apologetic - superior service, especially when it is not her fault (tour company's fault)
- Beach - best located beach on the strip, in my opinion
- Rooms - very clean, with a safe, glasses, comfortable bed, and AC

Cons:
- Internet - sometimes it works, sometimes it doesn't. I don't fault the resort for this since it is up to the ISP. I let the front desk know and they reset the modem (I think) and it began working (as I write this review)
- Exchange rate - they exchange at about 29 baht. You can walk down the street to exchange for 31.x baht/USD. This was not really a big deal

Overall, I am extremely impressed by the resort's cleanliness, superior service, food, and amenities. When I return to Pattaya, I will 100% stay at the Rabbit Resort after the service received.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with friends
Australia
Reviewed 14 May 2014 via mobile

We didnt know what to expect when coming to pattaya but rabbit resort made our stay!!
The staff were all so friendly and welcoming. Our room - set amonst the tropical greenery - was large, comfortable and clean. The pool kept us out of the heat and the breakfast was delicious!!
I would highly recommend this hotel to all!!
Thanks for a great stay rabbit resort!!!!!!

Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 13 May 2014

I'd read the 5 reviews and didn't quite believe them but Rabbit Resort really lives up to it reputation. We usually stay at Birds and Bees in Pattaya and it has the same feel, individual buildings rather than a block of rooms, lots of lovely gardens and family friendly but we'd actually give the edge to Rabbit Resort. The service was better. The rooms are more tastefully decorated. And I like Bird's and Bees.

Rooms were immaculately clean. They had plenty of kitchenware available. Sheets were lovely and although we didn't request it, there was a traditional Thai bed made up in our room that our son was able to use (and loved). There were two pools - one family, one adult only which is a great idea. Us families could make noise and splash about and play with the footballs they had thoughtfully provided while the adults without kids could enjoy their pool in peace. Breakfast was nice with plenty of options and homemade bread. Bread is usually dire in Thailand so this was a great touch. They could do with putting an extra teabag in the teapot but I couldn't go so far as to remove a star for this as when I'd brought my own teabags, they happily accommodated me too.

The staff were very friendly - even gardeners stopped to greet us. They kept smoking confined to areas where it couldn't bother anyone (and their areas were also pretty and included traditional furniture). The owners and management took time to say hello to everyone. My husband had asked for a bouquet of flowers for me. Not only did they provide the flowers, they also had an amazing "bouquet" of carved vegetables (which is a traditional Thai art) and a cake.

Pattaya can be very seedy but being here felt like you weren't exposed to it and could just enjoy being by the sea as a family. Oh - the pizza is really nice as is the green curry in the restaurant. We'd definitely love to go back.

Final p.s. - they're doing construction at the moment but they confine it to one part of the resort at a time. We were very worried about this before staying there but honestly never saw any of it while we were there. Its really not an issue.

• Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
2 Thank WhiskeyGirlDublin
Reviewed 3 May 2014

I've been to the Rabbit Resort several times over the last 10 years and the principle of excellent service in traditional Thai houses and gardens is timeless and sets it apart from the the rest of the area. Keep up the good work and look forward to seeing you again - Tim and Tha

• Stayed April 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank suisyola
Hong Kong
Reviewed 30 April 2014

We came the 2nd time as we enjoyed the combination of a quiet well serviced oasis and Pattaya. You can just lay back and relax or find many interesting places like markets, seafood dining etc. close by.
We will sure come again!

• Stayed April 2014, travelled with family