“There Again”

Ranked #230 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
YORKSHIRE
“There Again”
Reviewed 5 November 2013

Second visit this so it cant be all bad ,no its not .Best bits first excellent location although may be a little too far out for some , the night life may be 2 miles into town,there are local bars around.The beach location is excellent and the pool and gardens are super.
Hotel itself,the breakfast is ok plenty of selection,the hotel interior is really getting ready for a lick of paint.But if you can get a good room to include breakfast go for it .
One last thing staff are excellent.

Room Tip: Get a room on the 6 or 7th floor,both the golf and sea view are good.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Polish first
  • Thai first
Kololi, Gambia
Reviewed 1 November 2013

I first visited this hotel in 2000 & since then on several happy occasions, always enjoying the visit. As I plan this to be my last trip to this country for some time (prices up, up and away/standards & attitudes way, way down/recurring social issues, etc, etc) I decided to add this hotel one last time to my agenda just for old times sake. It holds many, many happy ghosts of summers past for me. It seems in many ways largely unchanged, great cliff top location, good pool, pleasant staff, well kept outside, but still allied to quirky 70's decor, tired bedrooms & bathrooms & hard beds, etc. The (cheap) room booked was not allocated as requested, a twin rather than a double on the 6th floor & the air was feeble. Room cleaning staff were excellent though & snappy with it. Curious smell of sulphur dioxide in the corridor? The bathroom was tired & small but with a full sized bath. This with the supply of hot water 24/7 enabled me to relax my long frame without recourse to the unrealistic (ahem, ahem) masseurs in seedy Pattaya later on. The food served at breakfast & in the restaurant is excellent but the cost of a small beer is far too cheeky at 130baht (£2.60p). Its not on. A trip into Pattaya by service bus is now an eye watering 200 baht each way which explains why I saw so many weary looking families straggling on foot in the humidity & rain the long, long 2kms to the centre from the Asia. Why no courtesy bus Asia? Poor. I enjoyed my stay, particularly as it is adjacent to the superb C&C restaurant, but I feel I must emphasise the main difference between 2000 & 2013. In 2000 the guests were predominantly North European whereas now the clientele seems to be 99% Russian and/or Chinese. Nothing wrong in that at all except I feel it has fundamentally changed the atmosphere of the hotel. Although for the most part the other guests (and staff) were polite, charming & correct, when toasting my bread at breakfast time in readiness for my usual two eggs I endured some rather impatient fellow tapping his feet at me in irritation at my tardiness, which I found rather unsettling. I was unable to communicate with him (or his female partner) in English at all so I felt rather out of place as the only native English speaker present. Having said that all in all I still enjoyed myself but I felt no need to extend my trip down memory lane any longer than 3 days. Thanks for the memories Asia Pattaya I hope the next customer who visits regularly over 13 years enjoys its as much as I have and can say as much in 2026.

Room Tip: Buy a basic room and get what you're given.
  • Stayed November 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Rightfirsttime
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 24 October 2013

I'm there for participating in an event nearby the hotel. The location is quite good, from there you have many choice of places you can go and visit. The hotel is quite old, seem like it doesn't have major improvement for a while. The room is OK, but what surprises me is that my room has no Three-prong outlet so I can't plug in my laptop. Another thing is the elevator is quite old even though it's still fully functional. I don't really mind about room cleanliness that much but many of my friends complain a lot about it. The staff is quite OK to me but some of my friends do complain about them a bit. Breakfast is good, I'm quite satisfied with it. Overall I think it is fine to stay but you might want to try finding some other places first.

Additional information: There are some very interesting pubs and restaurants around the hotel. I would suggest you to visit some of them.

• Stayed August 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Chokchai
Bangkok
Reviewed 19 October 2013

The Asia Pattaya hotel is quite old. The new Centara Grand Pratumnak would be a much better choice. For better value for money I like Tara Court allot too.All 3 are within easy access to the beach, Jomtien, and Pattaya.

• Stayed September 2013, travelled on business
Mumbai (Bombay), India
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I first visited the hotel in 2006 and had a very nice time. In 2012 I just went ahead and booked the hotel. I was very disappointed with the upkeep of the hotel and the service. Will not be looking at this hotel again.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled with family
1 Thank ranjanfialho

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Bengaluru, India
Reviewed 8 September 2013

The public areas inside are really nice, they're cool, spacious and very comfortable. You can choose from three restaurants, including a terrace outside. The room looked a little tired but they are clean and spacious. The bathroom was not very big but adequate, the towels were changed every day. The food was very good and plentiful. The drinks were expensive (except for the happy hour, there was 2 for 1), but within 400 m are two shops with a good selection, the things cost only a portion compared with the prices of the minibar. Located on the beach at the end of a not so nice road, which is about 600 m long. However, we have never felt uncomfortable when we walked down the street, not even at night, when we went to the phone booth outside, calls the hotel to the outside are very expensive.

• Stayed November 2012, travelled solo
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 31 July 2013

For this price, I think it worth it. I came here with my family. We have a good time together here. Sadly, it doenst has that many activities as we expect. It not too bad for this price :)location is good with private beach (Sweet) Hotel service is not bad, simple Thai service. Room is not dirty, not that clean either! I didnt try spa, but i guess it is not really good. Let's talk about food. Im kinda like its breakfast, i mean it just a simple classic breakfast, what I like is its price!!! Overall I like 1. Wow private beach for those who wanna honeymoon in reasonably price hotel! 2. Believe it or not I had really good sleep here dunno why !!! What I. Dont like 1. C'mon your service canbe better than now!! Next time clean my room more neatly so I will not complain for the next time!!! Well, what kind of travel is reasonably!, I think for those who wanna honey moon and family that want somethin private not crowded!!

• Stayed July 2013, travelled with family