“Poor service, air conditioners not working”
Review of Apex Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Apex Hotel
Ranked #330 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Florida
“Poor service, air conditioners not working”
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here as I was looking for a condo to rent. THe A/C was blowing warm air, another fellow I met had had my room and go moved, his new room was not much better. I got moved with no problem, they knew the A/C was bad. The second room blew slightly cool air so I slept there - fitfully. The free Wifi does not reach the rooms. In the lobby I could not find a plug so I sat at a desk near the dining room. A lady told me to move as that was the cashier's desk and I might steal the money! I complained to the manager but he just told me to try in the lobby. The lobby had a plug but no signal. The room itself was basic, with a bathroom and soaps. Two towels. The window opened but there were mosquitoes outside. THe buffet breakfast was 150 baht. It was not worth it. Very basic. The swimming pool was closed the day I arrived as there was a party in the dining room (next to the pool). It was very loud and with big speakers. Luckily the party ended around 6PM. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed September 2013, travelled solo
4 Thank bormanator

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (23)
  • Czech first
  • Turkish first
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading other reviews on this I say comments some comments on here are untrue I found this place great I've stayed here many times the staff are really helpful and always smile sure the price has gone up it has everywhere even in Cambodia fact of life so u people who put them down maybe.look at your personality and attitude I've never seen in a hotel a lady mop the floors up and back all day long girls continually cleaning windows furniture etc
I SAY GOOD WORK APEX HOTEL
Paul from Australia

• Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Surfonsnow
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there several times but the only friendly staff was the maid.

Last time this fag at the reception lost my reservations didn't appology and start to become very rude instead of being helpful to make out the best of his stupidity but he turned away and ate his noodle soup and just ignored any customers.

After asked for the manager he said nothere and no phone number of the managment will be given to customers.

Stay away from this hotel!!!

• Stayed July 2013
10 Thank brutally

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels

Phnom Penh, Cambodia
Reviewed 20 July 2013

I have been to this hotel many times 3 years ago because of the because of its excellent location and what used to be a reasonable price for what you get (500 BT). But when I arrived this year (July) the price was 700BT. Every hotel in Pattaya was cutting their prices by about 30% and I asked what the low season price was and one receptionist ignored me and the other was very unfriendly and treated me like I was stupid for asking. This still might not be a bad place to stay during high season if you want a very basic room that not nice and you dont have to deal with the front desk staff! I ended up getting a very nice hotel that was originally 1500 BT for 1000BT. My advice would be to find a better place to stay especially during low season when you can get way nicer rooms at other hotels for the same price to a couple hundred BT more.

• Stayed July 2013, travelled solo
5 Thank Scoobydoo32
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed 8 July 2013

I have been staying at the Apex Hotel every year for a while now. this time around the staff were horrendously rude and intrusive at times.. I hadn't experienced this before and considering the price increase of 150-200baht a night I was amazed by the rooms being in such poor shape this time . The managers seem to have changed for the worst and the reception staff should end it all and be done with it. The security blokes near the lift have taken a turn for the worst as well. I would suggest paying more or less some where else because your guaranteed to enjoy your stay a whole lot more. This would have been the worst experience I have had in 5 years of Thailand travel.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with friends
14 Thank Danny D
Valencia, Spain
Reviewed 19 May 2013

I booked this hotel many times, If you are looking for a hotel to take pictures and show them to your friends to show them the important you are then this is not your hotel.If you a looking a hotel to stay for 700 bhuts then this is your hotel, large rooms enough cleaning air aconditioned and a perfect (receptionists are very rude but none is perfect)lacation then this is your hotel and do not worry you allways have the option to book to the hotel Hilton for only 12000bhuts. greetings from spain

Room Tip: try to book on the second flor
  • Stayed March 2013, travelled solo
2 Thank Vicente O
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 11 May 2013

I have been coming to this budget hotel for 8 yrs straight and I have noticed prices gone up from 450/500 tot 550/600 bath per night and always thought it was reasonably good value for money,mainly because of its excellent location.
Yesterday however I wanted to check in for thisn year's stay but I noticed the price of a (very) basic room had gone up to 700 bath while it is low season (may).
I tried to negociate a better deal but the receptionist (the one with the fair face) was very unfriendly,claimed she had never seen me before.
I did take a room however but as I went up I noticed the room,as opposed to last year (flat screen TV for 600 bath in march/april!) had an old tv,was untidy and most of all very very noisy as they are currently building next to Apex.
I then went down again asking if another,less noisy room would be available but I was treated very rude and immediately got told they would give me back my money as soon as the room was checked.
I was baffled to say the least as I have never had expieriences like this in this hotel and had always gotten along great with the staff.
This is the last time I will ever try to book Apex..it is simply deteriorating and the lady running the reception (again,the fair looking Isaan lady) should be reeducated in Thai hospitality and hotel courtesy in general.
So my advice would be,find a better place to spend yr money as the Apex days of old are clearly over and done with.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled solo