“Perfect place to stay if your schedule outdoors is hectic”
Review of Apex Hotel

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Pattaya
Apex Hotel
Ranked #348 of 456 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 27 April 2014 via mobile

This hotel is perfect if your itineraries for outdoor activities is full.

Considering the price, DO NOT EXPECT that it is a place you want to relax in daytime and very comfortable place to stay.

We stayed in Room 229 and the room smelled cigarettes during our two days stay. We came out of our room smelling with cigarettes that even our perfumes could not drive it away.

Breakfast isn't included. Pay additional for buffet meals.

If you plan to visit Nong Nooch, the hotel can book for you for 700 baht. They have a hotel pickup service with Mr Pee as a tour guide. Fun to go along with him, plus he gives VIP seats for the show.

But DO NOT book in the hotel for transportation service from Pattaya to Siem Reap. They charge 50 USD for the trip, promising van service from Pattaya to border and from border to Siem Reap. But when you get to the border, everything is different, you might end up waiting for the bus that would leave in indefinite time or pay additional price to ride on the van. (I recommend to book in travel agency for the ticket from Pattaya to the border and find our own choice of transportation that can save some cash from border to Siem Reap. Beware, those vans will drop you in remote areas in Siem Reap where tuktuks can charge you double or triple, so don't mind walking few meters to the main street and find fair drivers to take you to your hotels. If you dont have any accomodations in mind yet, tell them to take you in Pub street where you can meet other tourists who can recommend you places to stay.)

Stayed: April 2014, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Ard B

Reviewed 26 December 2013

This is my second time to check in and I must say I was a bit frustrated. The staff at the reception was so unfriendly I was thinking of finding another hotel but was too tired from doing so because we just came from more than a 6 hr travel from Siem Reap.The room on the left wing facing the afternoon sun was not a good choice. The poor air conditioner can not give cold air on hot afternoons! i could have chosen the right wing as what was given to me on my first stay September of 2012. No question about the buffet breakfast and dinner. Still serving too many viands to choose from.Should I stay again? I have to think many,many times. . . .

Room Tip: get a room on the right wing as the afternoon sun gets in and the poor air conditioner can't giv...
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled with friends
2  Thank Carl1968ph
Reviewed 12 December 2013

I would say a better than average hotel but not very good. Its old and very clean, the front counter staff could be a bit more happy, I suppose they get many people who ask them questions and it would be tiresome.

The breakfast buffet at 150B and dinner buffet 250b is very reasonable and certainly value for money, many types of food on the tables to choose from including fresh fruits and cakes. The room is 700b per night and has all you want, except wi-fi, have to use it in the lobby, but no problem. The pool is clean and nice.

I will stay here again, no problem. It is fairly close to the shopping malls and beach. A 10 minute walk gets you to all the places, shops, bars, nightlife, restaurants etc.

Room Tip: 2nd floor towards the back of the hotel away from Second Road. Rooms from 210 onwards, not noisy.
  • Stayed: December 2013, travelled solo
1  Thank sport6666
Reviewed 6 October 2013

I stayed one night in may 2013 I could not get out quick enough . good buffet at breakfast but for an extra 100 bht you can get a lot better . the staff were great I just found the rooms were at best basic and had a musky odour about it the bathroom was very old and the shower leaked also the air con was blowing hot air I asked to move but the 2 rooms they showed me were just as bad ,

• Stayed: May 2013, travelled with friends
7  Thank callum95
Reviewed 1 October 2013

I stayed here as I was looking for a condo to rent. THe A/C was blowing warm air, another fellow I met had had my room and go moved, his new room was not much better. I got moved with no problem, they knew the A/C was bad. The second room blew slightly cool air so I slept there - fitfully. The free Wifi does not reach the rooms. In the lobby I could not find a plug so I sat at a desk near the dining room. A lady told me to move as that was the cashier's desk and I might steal the money! I complained to the manager but he just told me to try in the lobby. The lobby had a plug but no signal. The room itself was basic, with a bathroom and soaps. Two towels. The window opened but there were mosquitoes outside. THe buffet breakfast was 150 baht. It was not worth it. Very basic. The swimming pool was closed the day I arrived as there was a party in the dining room (next to the pool). It was very loud and with big speakers. Luckily the party ended around 6PM. I won't stay here again.

Room Tip: Go elsewhere!
  • Stayed: September 2013, travelled solo
4  Thank bormanator
Reviewed 29 August 2013

After reading other reviews on this I say comments some comments on here are untrue I found this place great I've stayed here many times the staff are really helpful and always smile sure the price has gone up it has everywhere even in Cambodia fact of life so u people who put them down maybe.look at your personality and attitude I've never seen in a hotel a lady mop the floors up and back all day long girls continually cleaning windows furniture etc
I SAY GOOD WORK APEX HOTEL
Paul from Australia

• Stayed: August 2013
3  Thank Surfonsnow
Reviewed 1 August 2013 via mobile

Stayed there several times but the only friendly staff was the maid.

Last time this fag at the reception lost my reservations didn't appology and start to become very rude instead of being helpful to make out the best of his stupidity but he turned away and ate his noodle soup and just ignored any customers.

After asked for the manager he said nothere and no phone number of the managment will be given to customers.

Stay away from this hotel!!!

• Stayed: July 2013