“Fantastic hotel, perfect if not for the sewage.”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of Siam Bayshore

Siam Bayshore
Ranked #26 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Edmonton, Canada
“Fantastic hotel, perfect if not for the sewage.”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

The location is perfect; it's just off of Walking Street, right next to the beach.

The restaurants/bars are very good, albeit incredibly expensive.

There's a massive sewage ditch running through the property, so you have to hold your breath walking from the lobby to the pool and back. However, the smell seemed localized and never even made it to the swimming pool. The rooms themselves are amazing and kept incredibly clean. We had a ground-floor room, but never even saw a single ant or fly in the room.

And, as is typical in Thailand - the beds are rock hard. We asked for a mattress topper, which they promptly put one on for us - but it was very thin and was almost useless.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, 6 March 2014
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking a time to share your review with five star ratings across the board. Your feedback serves as an encouragement to our team by continuing and providing a genuine customer

Our resort is commonly considered one of the leading resorts in its category in the area with the emphasis on value for services offered for our guests and I am delighted to recognize that you liked our hotel facility.

Once again thank you for your comment and looking forward to welcome you back

Regards

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (293)
  • Arabic first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Yorkshire
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014

This large resort hotel was probably built in the late 1970s, but has been well maintained and the rooms are large and well appointed. It must have been quiet and a bit secluded then. Alas time and Pattaya have caught up with it and it is now conveniently located near the madness of Walking Street, but also rather too close to some big new discotheques a little way along, and a go kart track.

This, inevitably, leads to some noise pollution. The worst begins about 10 pm when the discos start going and the heavy thumping bass travels a long way. The hotel is set well back from the source of the noise, so it is low level stuff, but if you are a light sleeper then it will wake you. I found the solution to be wax earplugs that you can buy from Boots down along walking street.

The hotel consists of a main section and four separate garden wings and can be confusing to get around, although there is a map. The garden pool area is very pleasant – one large free form pool with a water slide for children, My room was on the second floor looking over the pool.

There is also a beach pool area and restaurant on the other side of the main street. And a tennis centre in the grounds.

The lobby and public areas are quite grand. The hotel is set in mature gardens with many water features and plants. It is a haven for wildlife and birds in the concrete jungle. If you watch you will see many squirrels in the trees, as well as birds and butterflies and the odd snake….

Some people have complained that a sewer runs through the grounds. I don’t think this is accurate – there is a “klong” which is a bit stagnant and a little bit smelly – there are many like it in Thailand. And there is a mosquito issue. I had to buy mosquito coils for the balcony and a can of spray to get rid of them in my room.

Apart from breakfast the restaurants, bars and facilities of the hotel were not much used by the guests. One reason is that there is so much going on outside the restaurant that I think many people just use it as a base.. The high prices charged by the restaurants and other outlets also put people off. 130 Baht for a poolside beer is twice what you pay outside the hotel, and four times the cost if you bought it from a 711 shop.

Wi fi coverage and speed is poor. This really does need addressing.

Buffet breakfast was good – a wide selection of all types of cuisines. If it is not included in your room rate you can buy breakfast coupons from reception for 400 Baht.

I got a good rate for the class of accommodation – with the drawbacks I have mentioned I would not pay much more than 3000 Baht a night – which is achievable – and well below the hotel’s rack rate.

Room Tip: Not in the main block near the road. Facing the pool is good.
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
3 Thank David W
Dear guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to share such a wonderful and detailed feedback about our property.

It is very agreeable to know that you had a fantastic experience and you enjoyed our unique greenery style, at Siam Bayshore we thrilled to offer over a hundred types of tropical plants and floras. We are delighted to realize that you award us with five star ratings for the quality of service. Your feedback is a true inspiration for all the hard working staff at the resort.

Relating to your observation with regards of noise I am pleasant to inform you that we are processing to have sound proof windows in all the rooms, and we do hope that this incidence did not spoil your holiday with us.

It has indeed been our privilege to have you staying with us and we do look forward to welcoming you back Siam Bayshore
Dublin, Ireland
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 March 2014 via mobile

This hotel is fantastic, great location in Pattaya. Lovely gardens and pool area.The interior of the hotel is excellent all very nicely decorated. The staff are friendly and courteous. Pool area is lovely although you need to be up early to get a sunbed. There is a second pool across the little road at the beach that nobody seems to know about overlooking a sandy beach and quite close to the pier so it's nice to see all the comings and goings.Pattaya itself is a bit if a mad place.If you are looking for culture forget it. Its like Soho on speed so if you are easily offended stay away.The hotel is a little oasis close to this but very quiet at night. You could be miles away.Pattaya and this hotel is great for a 3 day chill out after a long flight before travelling on, which is what we did.Hope you enjoy it.

Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank ABIZAK
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, 5 March 2014
Dear guest

Thank you so much for taking your time to share your positive comments on Tripadvisor.

Your comments mean a lot to all of us at the resort; we are especially glad to know that you enjoy the Siam service and hotel facility.

It would be our utmost pleasure to welcome you back once again in the near future

Folkestone, United Kingdom
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 27 February 2014

On arrival I was given a choice or 2 rooms - I chose the one with sea views, a mistake! The room and bathroom were just fine but by midnight I realized I wasn't going to get any worthwhile sleep. After the music stopped around 1am, the night crowd took over - shouting, drunken singing and/or worse! I guess I did eventually fall asleep around 5am. The next morning the receptionist was most helpful in arranging a room in the garden building and apologised profusely for the previous night. At the back, my room overlooked the park and a tree grew up past the terrace. Nice to see and hear the tropical birds, plus squirrel. The stream did have fish in it which must prove the water quality is improving. The room had a door to the adjoining accommodation, which I think the Russian guests thought was cupboard space! The room itself plus bathroom were of excellent quality. I extended my booking by 2 days and the receptionist arranged the price to equal that of my original Booking.com On my last morning I had a new and rather disconcerting experience. At 6 am precisely a member of staff broke into my room and told me it was check-out day. A different member of staff did exactly the same at 7am! This has never happened to me before, staying in hotels world-wide over some 50 years. I did mention this at reception later but not wanting anyone to lose face I passed it over. After a shaky start, I was well satisfied with my 5 nights at Siam Bayshore.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
2 Thank irobertson14
Dear Guest

Many thanks for taking your time to share an objective review in trip advisor. Your feedback serves as an encouragement to our team by continuing and providing a genuine customer service.

I am delighted to read that you enjoyed your holiday time with us and specially thrilled to know that your had overall a good experience with us.

Relating to your observation with regards of noise I am pleasant to inform you that we are processing to have a sound proof windows in all the rooms, the incident with staff disturbing in your room is well noted and have been shared with the department head concerned.

Once again thank you very much for your kind posting and looking to welcome you back at earliest.

Melbourne, Australia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 26 February 2014

I had stayed in this property a couple of years back and has missed writing the review. Since it was during the non-tourist season, got a highly bargained rate. The free-form swimming pool is awesome and we even had beer and snacks served in the pool from the poolside bar. Although the movie collection was limited in the rooms, we enjoyed watching movies in the huge LCD televisions. The room was well equipped with a huge balcony. The restaurant though was a bit overpriced. The best part of the deal was that the property is situated right on the Walking Street ,which was very convenient. Id like to point out one negative point which we experienced at the hand of the help desk. We had initially made the booking through Agoda for 3 nights and when we wanted to extend the stay to a couple of more nights, the staff werent willing to offer us the same price, inspite of being off-season. Here we did not get the Thai hospitality and had to deal to grumpy rude faces. But overall the experience was great and id definitely go back to Siam Bayshore.

• Stayed March 2013, travelled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you very much for taking the time to write a review during your recent stay.

At Siam Bayshore, we are proud of our unique location and being close to main Pattaya attraction.

Your added comments concerning the front office behave is well noted and have been shared with the Department Heads concerned, and we do hope that this incidence did not spoil your holiday with us and would assure you that we are working to fix this issue immediately.
Once again thank you for your sharing.

UK
2 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 February 2014

i am staying in the hotel at the moment and can honestly say this is the worst value hotel I have ever stayed in in Thailand. At £121 per night for an ocean view deluxe room with balcony and 'comfortable' chairs I expect more than I have in that (a) the ocean view is extremely restricted - one looks over the roof of a restaurant or something similar, over a road and over a swimming pool before one's eyes get to the ocean. (b) for £121 per night I expect more than a postage stamp balcony (and they are all the same so it is not a question of getting a bad room) with two extremely uncomfortable, wooden, rickety, chairs badly in need of painting and with no cushions. (c) As I live in Thailand all my plugs on pc etc are Thai plugs. Unfortunately there is only one double socket in the room that takes a three pin (like an American plug with a European extra bit) and half of that socket is not working, leaving me to run out of battery at a crucial point in my work process tonight as pc couldn't be charged. (d) at £121 per night I expect a room to be in good condition - the paintwork throughout is peeling, the balcony doors are so dirty both on the paintwork and the windows that I am using a hand sanitiser after touching them, the outside light is not working, the furniture is chipped and stained and te bathroom truly outdated. (e) I expect a decent internet connection - I have just done three times since I arrived a what is my broadbandspeed test an it is .5 mb download. barely capable of doing basic emails and web browsing. (f) the windows/doors throughout the hotel are in desperate need of a clean and the wallpaper in the corridors in desperate need of sticking back. Overall it is a shabby representation of a hotel for the price and the photos most misleading in terms of the view from a so called ocean deluxe/executive

I do have to admit that i did't actually arrive in the best of moods - I called the hotel enroute from Chiang Mai to ask about availabilty of a room. they told me they had no ocean view rooms available but had garden/tropical rooms at a price higher than the website. I queried the price - and the availability of an ocean view (wish I hadn't bothered with the latter now) and was told that the promotional price was only available on their website. I also queried availabilty of the ocean view room as it was showing as available n the website and it was confirmed there was no availablity. 1 minute later I had booked via the website an ocean view room . As a result I didn't arrive in the best frame of mind re this hotel

On the plus side, I do have to say that other reports of the smell of sewerage near the swimming pool is unfounded - yes one does need to cross over the sewerage drain when making one's way from ocean wing (sounds good but doesn't live up to it name at all for the reason above) but it doesn't actually affect the pool experience. The main pool also seems very clean contrary to other reports, likewise the ocean front pool - which in fairness is ocean front, but the pictures certainly don't show that anyone walking by can see straight into the pool area (perahps why it is empty) ; Also on the plus side, whilst the ocean view are somewhat tainted it is a nice outlook at night here over the bay with the saving grace being a wonderful singer/band in the restaurant opposite which makes it quite a nice place to be working at night

However, 390 baht for a small glass of wine pool side is outrageous - and that was during happy hour - and even more expensive than the Landmark in Bangkok which is a hotel I adore . If you want to be in the centre of things and don't care about value for money or cleanliness then i would recommend this hotel. If you do care about basic standards give this place a real wide berth . I have unfortunately booked for two nights but will be leaving in the morning even though i will have to pay for the second night to find somewhere which lives up to its star rating and description

Certainly not an experience I want to repeat

Room Tip: avoid - and beware that a tropical room only has one chair on the balcony (I wanted to move from oce...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
Siam Bayshore M, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, 23 February 2014
Dear Guest

Warm greetings and thank you having chosen Siam Bayshore to spend your holiday time. And for having taking time to share your feedback in Trip Advisor.

We are sorry that we were not able to provide you with a satisfactory experience during your recent stay. Your added comments concerning quality of service are and room condition are well noted and have been shared with the Department Heads concerned for improvement.

Please do not hesitate to contact me in private at spb.eam@sukosolhotels.com for further discussion.

Looking forward to hear from you and welcome you back at Siam Bayshore.

Kyrenia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 18 February 2014

We stayed for 6 nights in Feb.& found very little wrong with this hotel. The staff were always polite, friendly, greeted you with a smile & were very happy to offer us a late checkout time for no extra cost. The room was clean & spacious with a great view of the interior pool area which was always busy but not overwhelmed with guests.
Breakfast was until 11am which was lovely if you had late nights in the restaurants & bars that were very close by on Walking Street & although they were close we always felt at complete peace when we entered the hotel grounds.
An excellent hotel for families, singles & couples but maybe not for people with walking difficulties as some of the rooms & the pool area were up & down steps from the main building.

Dear Guest

Thank you so much for taking your time to share such wonderful comments on Tripadvisor.

Your comments mean a lot to all of us at the resort; we are especially glad to see how much you rated our sleeping quality, service and cleanliness.

Once again thank you very much for your kind posting.