“absolutely beautiful” 5 of 5 bubbles

Ranked #22 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
england
“absolutely beautiful”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 15 March 2010

This has to be one of the best value for money hotels I have ever stayed in. We had a room in the block away from the lobby; it was bright, clean, ample sized and cheerful with a good size bathroom. A very comfortable room. The Explorer Bar is a delight, one of the best presented bars we have ever seen. We only had breakfast in the hotel which was again superb with a massive choice, although thinking about it we did have the barbecue one night and that was also superb. Both swimming pools and the hotel grounds were lovely; the manager and staff were all helpful and happy.
Others have mentioned the race track behind the hotel-I don't now if its still there but I didn't hear it whilst I was there. I found the hotel a place of tranquility at the end of raucous Walking Street, far enough away not to disturb. Walking Street isn't really a place for children, but having said that there were a lot of them there.
All in all a really good experience, far better than I would have expected for the price.

• Stayed February 2010, travelled as a couple
    • 5 of 5 bubbles

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (292)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
perth western australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 March 2010

We found the room a Tropical Delux very good and a good price, The restaurant was very good and the staff and room service also excellent. We were welcolmed by the resident manager Holger Groninger and he made us feel at home.We henjoyed daily swims in one of the two pools and found the pools always clean and the staff helpful and drink and food service good. We also found the location excellnt and only a short walk from Walking Street the city nightlife area, We also found the bars frindly and with excellent service.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
2 Thank mojodavid
Mumbai
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 3 March 2010

The hotel is close to walking street but surprisingly calm. Just step out of the hotel and and the noisy walking street makes you feel its presence. But within the hotel premises you hear no sound.
The hotel is nicely designed with nice water ways and gardens standing along side the residential areas.

• Liked — everything
  • Stayed February 2010, travelled with family
      Check-in / front desk
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
      Business service (e.g., internet access)
1 Thank Suhas J
Manila, Philippines
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 11 February 2010

Located in South Pattaya at the end of Walking Street, this hotel is perfect for those who want less of the Pattaya night life but still have easy access to it. We only stayed one night but had a great time. Rooms were clean and spacious and the staff were very friendly and willing to help. Our room had a balcony and looked out onto the garden. Very relaxing! Only down side was that the swimming pools closed at 6pm. The breakfast buffet was amazing! Lots to choose from and everything was good! Would definitely stay here again and would recommend to anyone!

• Stayed February 2010, travelled with friends
1 Thank jordynhmoreland
Australia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 9 February 2010

This was my second stay at the Siam Bayshore Resort and Spa and after the first time I decided to have my honeymoon there. I personally didnt think I could enjoy it more but it was like going home. The staff remembered me and welcomed my husband nothing was a drama the staff would always go out of their way to make sure everything was perfect. I didnt even think they would remember me but as soon as I walked and i saw the same smiling faces they did and it felt really nice. The rooms, the food, the activities in and outside were fantastic and so much that my husband already wants to go back. We had the best time ever and we are going to make it a six monthly or yearly trip and we wouldnt stay anywhere else but the Siam at Pattaya.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled as a couple
Sydney
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 February 2010

We were in Pattaya and decided to stay at two places in town for a few reasons - one because if we ended up in a bad hotel we had something else booked and two to be closer to the action of Walking Street. We first stayed at the LK Renaissance on Soi Diana and other than the tropical pool at the Siam Bayshore, the LK was far better for service and value.

The Siam Bayshore Resort is really a beautiful hotel. We did have a few problems from the point of checking in... First off for some odd reason they had no record of our reservations (something I am chasing up with Expedia now). When we produced our Expedia confirmation documents one of the reception staff ladies said something about Expedia - followed up by something in Thai, so we don't know if was an insult or not, but we waited in the lobby for 20 minutes until two rooms were provided to us and the third room was going to be ready in another 30 minutes.

I headed off to my room - 121 - which is located at the back of the complex. It's a ground floor Tropical Deluxe Non-Smoking Room which opens up to the pool area. The room was very nice - modern decor - nice plasma tv and a nice bathroom with shower and tub. The shower is a bit awkward to use, but the water pressure was good. The hotel provides two bottles of water for free each day. The items in the minibar are more expensive than at the LK Renaissance. The Siam Bayshore did something that the LK Renaissance didn't do - which was during the early afternoon housekeeping stops by the room and knocks to provide a free fruit platter and they also return around 5pm with a plate of biscuits/cookies.

My other friends stayed in rooms 205 and 209 (which were smoking rooms even though they had reservations for NON-Smoking rooms). When the hotel was advised of this they said they had no more rooms and said they would come up and spray something in the room. I don't know if this was done as my friends constantly complained of the smell. These rooms are located in the back corner of the complex which just so happens to be located near a go-kart track off the resort property. The track get's going mid morning and is very distrubing to guests (as seen in previous posts). The track has some sort of skydiving simulator which uses a large fan and is a VERY loud.

The resort has two pools, one adjacent to the beach and the other a tropical pool located at the rear of the complex. The tropical pool was very nice. It's 1.6m at it's deepest point and there is even a water slide. The only bad thing about the pool is that guests (mostly Russians) come down to the pool at sunrise and leave a personal item on a lounge reserving it for themselves - then they head back to bed or perhaps to breakfast and then return several hours later. I complained to a hotel staff member about this as I had to leave my towel and belongings on the ground while I had a swim even though half of the lounges were empty, yet there were only four people in the pool. The staff member just smiled and apologised.

The breakfast buffet was very nice. The food was really good - and it should have been for 700 baht! Adding it on to my Expedia reservation or paying at the resort was the same price. We had a late afternoon snack in the same restaurant and the food was very nice and moderately priced.

This place is really geared towards families - so if you're in Pattaya to have fun I would suggest another hotel. They were charging 1,000 baht for overnight guests.

Pro's of the place:
Very beautiful resort
Two nice pools
Nice Tropical Deluxe Rooms
Great housekeeping staff

Con's of the place:
No information about our "Confirmed" reservations
Being put into Smoking Rooms
The noise from the go-kart track
The lack of managing the seating at the pool
The nearest convenience store is located a 100 or so metres down Walking Street (7 Eleven)
The LONG walk to the rear of the property where our rooms were located - and accessability issues for that journey if you have a handicap (many steps and no ramps)

Would I stay here again? - Probably not. It had a few positives, but the negatives out weighed them.

Oh, one last thing - I looked for the Fitness Centre, but after following the ONE directional sign I could not find it. There was also no documentation in the room which listed the Fitness Centre or even the Spa and their services - plus there was no map of the resort/grounds. I would have used the Spa if some information had been provided in the room, but since I found a spa earlier on my visit to Pattaya I just went back to that one for treatments.

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 2 of 5 bubbles
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
Family1904, Manager at Siam Bayshore, responded to this review, 8 February 2010
We appreciate customer feedback so that we may listen, understand and respond in a competent, accurate and timely fashion. In this way, we hope to continually surprise, delight and exceed our guest’s expectations each and every time they stay with us. In this instance we would like to clarify a few points:

· Currently it is the “high season” for tourists coming to Pattaya and the occupancy at our resort is extremely high. Check out time is 12:00 and official check-in time is 14:00. Despite the guests' arrival at 12:00h, two hours early, we did our best to accommodate them as quickly as possible.

· We never confirmed any non-smoking rooms to Expedia and they do the same to their guests as it’s subject to availability; whilst we try out best to fulfill guest wishes it is not always possible.

· The Go-Kart centre is outside of our jurisdiction and has to-date only received only minor complaints from reviewers.

· The resort is integrated in a 20-acres tropical garden that provides a natural oasis for people looking for rest and relaxation with a focus on nature, not on cement and steal. Most guests savour the chance to stroll through this “green lung” amid the hustle and bustle of busy Pattaya. Please also note that our hotel is very aware of all guest needs and therefore all areas are accessible by ramps.

· All our rooms provide a Guest Directory in which all facilities of the resort are detailed with directions and telephone number, in this way it is very easy to find your way around. Our Spa is also located right beside the main tropical swimming pool and is very hard to miss should the guest take the time to look and/or enquire one of our friendly staff.
Bangkok, Thailand
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 28 January 2010

Have stayed in this hotel before good location next to bali hai pier comfortable to visit coral island end of walking street and staff very friendly & helpfull, beautiful pool view from tropical deluxe room we were on the ground floor pool access. Great buffet breakfast would stay again

• Stayed January 2010, travelled with friends