* first off - don't go to pattaya unless you're looking for bootycall because that's just what the city is about (and it's a bit sickening)
* overall siam bayshore is a beautiful and very large hotel with some really nice staff.
Book here if you...
* are looking for relaxation and wouldn't mind just spending time at the hotel (not much going on nearby)
* plan to visit a nearby island since it's close to the pier
* are interested in booty call because it is right at the end of the walking street
* don't expect much from the nearby beach since it's dirty and small
Don't book here if:
* you want to be near shopping. Central is one of the nicest malls in Pattaya and is actually closer to Siam Bayview (although from the outside Bayview isn't as elegant as Bayshore) and is about a 20 minute casual walk up Beach Road.
* you want to hang out on the beach; the beach is dirty.
Things worth noting:
* there are two pools - garden side and beach side - which were nice
* there is a bbq buffet for about 799 baht. It's really pretty at night but kind of overpriced. I rather eat at vendors inside Central mall.
* wi fi is too expensive
* toilet and sink don't have great drainage but shower was fine; amenities smell great!
* mattress and pillows were comfiest out of 3 hotels in Thailand.
* booking private transportation via the hotel may offer a better rate than at the travel desk at the hotel (weird how the travel desk is not next to the registration so there's no real concierge)
* don't book the tour to Coral Island via the travel desk since you can just take a ferry 30 baht each way and reach Ko Lan. Once there, you can take a songtaew for 20-30 baht to a preferred beach. The ride back to the pier may cost more.
* if you plan to see Tiffany's, you may find a better package (ticket + transportation) online. The travel desk offered the package for 800 baht (VIP seating), 700 baht (balcony)
- Official Description (provided by the hotel):
- Recognised as one of Pattaya’s most outstanding and established properties, the Siam Bayshore Resort & Spa is an oasis nestled in 20 acres of lush, tranquil greenery. Guests enjoy an exclusive location on the peaceful southern end of Pattaya’s world-famous Beach Road. Twelve newly-renovated low-rise pavilions comprise the resort, including seven bars and restaurants, two swimming pools with Jacuzzi, children’s playground, games room, six tennis courts, fitness centre, meeting room, business centre, gift shop and Lotus Spa of Siam. ... more less
- Reservation Options:
- TripAdvisor is proud to partner with LoveHolidays, ACCOR, Agoda, Asiatravel.com Holdings, Travel Republic (UK), Ctrip TA, Southall Travel, Booking.com, Hotels.com, TripOnline SA, Expedia, HotelsClick, Ebookers, Evoline ltd, Cancelon, 5viajes2012 S.L. and HotelQuickly so you can book your Siam Bayshore reservations with confidence. We help millions of travellers each month to find the perfect hotel for both holiday and business trips, always with the best discounts and special offers.
- Also Known As:
- Siam Bayshore Resort And Spa Pattaya
- Siam Bayshore Resort & Spa Pattaya Hotel Pattaya
- Siam Bayshore Hotel Pattaya
- Siam Bayshore Resort Pattaya