“Getting old, but location is good”
Review of Lek Hotel

Lek Hotel
Ranked #207 of 445 Hotels in Pattaya
Oslo, Norway
“Getting old, but location is good”
Reviewed 21 July 2014

The best thing about this hotel is the location. The service is average. The rooms, even in the newest building, are ready for renovation, tired with noisy aircon. If you can get a room for around 800 baht its worth it, if not, there is better to find something else. Breakfast and dinnerbuffes was great a few years ago, but has lost some of the quality, and there is not so many customers as it used to be there either. If you dont mind that the rooms are a bit tired, and wants a good location, this can be your place.

Room Tip: As high as possible in the newest building gives the best value.
  • Stayed August 2013, travelled as a couple
3 Thank olek99

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (31)
  • Indonesian first
  • Thai first
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 19 July 2014 via mobile

The rooms are so boring that I could only give this place 3 out of 5 especially for the price. It has a pool and the breakfast buffet is good (not included) but I've stayed in much nicer places in Thailand for less money. I think they charge more because it is a proper hotel whereas I prefer to stay in guesthouses or huts.

Stayed August 2013
3 Thank Mullen89
Chiang Rai
Reviewed 6 May 2014

We (my western partner and I) decided to stay at the Lek Hotel, Central Pattaya, having tried and enjoyed their buffet breakfast offering previously when staying at other Pattaya hotels. We were slightly worried by some of the negative comments made by other contributors here but are now glad that we made our choice notwithstanding; our conclusion is that this hotel gives excellent value for money. This is a relatively small hotel - unsurprising, bearing in mind that "Lek" is a Thai word meaning "small".

We had a room on the eighth floor in the new (back) wing - 1200 baht per night. Our room was modern, quite spacious and appeared to have been decorated recently. The bathroom was large, tiled with a full-size bath tub with shower above. Plenty of hot water at adequate pressure. We had a refrigerator/minibar (reasonable prices), the usual electronic safe and plenty of cupboard space for clothes storage. Hitachi CRT TV which worked well, although the remote control was a bit hit and miss. The carpet was pristine except for a single small cigarette burn - ashtrays provided in addition to the "No Smoking" sign, but there was no smell of smoke whatsoever in the room. Large (King-size) and firm (but not uncomfortable) bed. Four electricity outlet points in addition to that utilised by the TV. The aircon was efficient but a little noisy. All in all good value except for the wi-fi; the Lek charges 200 baht per day for this which is not realistic when an AIS SIM card costs only 50 baht and offers an unlimited data connection for 99 baht per week!

The location of the hotel at the corner of Second Road and Soi 13 (N12.93035, E100.88107) is perfect - directly across Second Road is The Avenue Shopping Centre with a cocktail cart at night and there are two 7/11 stores within 100 metres from the hotel and two pharmacies and plenty of bars and restaurants all within two minutes' walk. Baht buses (sorng taews) constantly ply Second Road immediately in front of the hotel.

The chambermaid who looks after the eighth floor rooms was brilliant. Polite, unobtrusive, helpful and did her job superbly well. This may or may not have been assisted by the small tip which we left every day.

Others have made adverse comments concerning the service received at reception, but we experienced no problems at all. My partner had booked in advance by e-mail and literally within two minutes of our arrival we were fully checked in and on our way up to our room with a couple of bellboys helpfully bringing along our suitcases. The female receptionist was not gushingly welcoming but nor was she in any way hostile, just quick and efficient.

Similarly, we thought that the buffet breakfast (07:00 to 13:00 hrs) was fine. It is true that not everything was piping hot but nor was anything unacceptably cold. My partner tends to enjoy a hearty breakfast and then skips lunch and has a substantial evening meal. So "all you can eat" in the morning for 150 baht each suited us well. For somebody wanting only a very light breakfast, the meal available at the Nag's Head, a couple of hundred metres to the south on the other side of Second Road, might represent better value for money. In the evening the Lek Hotel has a dinner buffet for 250 Baht (17:30 hours to 22:00); we tried it and reckoned that it was essentially the breakfast menu plus, perhaps, an additional 50% by way of attractive further menu choices e.g steamed mussels, chicken saté, pork saté, baked squid, fish in cream sauce red and green curries and similar. Once again good value if you are sufficiently hungry to exploit the "all you can eat" feature. There are signs up (presumably to discourage wanton wastefulness) saying that if you take food and leave it unconsumed there will be a charge of 100 baht per 100 grammes for the surplus! Just one deficiency: drinking water and fruit juice were included at breakfast but were charged extra at dinner, which seemed just a little mean.

Our conclusion is that just about everything in connection with this hotel is positive with very little in the way of negative aspects. We shall stay here again on our next visit to Pattaya and may perhaps try one of the cheapest rooms only to see if they are okay.

Room Tip: If you speak Thai, book by phone - otherwise book by email
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank NuanThai
Tromso, Norway
Reviewed 4 May 2014

I got room to 850 bath pr day and that is a good deal. The rooms was good enough and if you live high up it`s no noise. The pool was great. They have buffet breakfast at 150 bath, not so good but it was possible to eat.

• Stayed April 2014, travelled solo
1 Thank Ola N
Sunderland, United Kingdom
Reviewed 26 February 2014

My stay at this hotel was great, I paid 1200 baht and got a room on the top floor of the new building. The room was huge with everything I needed and very clean. The location for me was great being on second road. I would definitely stay here again if I return to Pattaya.

• Stayed February 2014, travelled as a couple
4 Thank Alan C
London, UK
Reviewed 15 February 2014

I have previously posted favourably on the Lek Hotel having stayed in the 850 baht rooms (the Old Building) upwards of 10 occasions over 10 years. It was therefore with only a little hesitation that I booked a three week stay via the Asia Travel website for January 2014. My previous positive images for this hotel centred on the cheap room rate, pool, central location and it being welcoming to overnight visitors you may want to bring to yor room.
I booked my recent visit for three weeks at short notice and could only be allocated a room in the 'new building' fdor which I was charged 1200 baht a night. However, on arrival in the room I noted that there was no safe which is a major issue for me desite it being advertised as having an in-room safe. I requested a room change to a room with an in-room safe but the air conditioning was very loud and despoite my making repeated requests to the front desk staff to have it repaired or for me to again be re-allocated a new room I was not helped. I therefore checked out of the hotel after a total of six nights which was most inconvenient. You would imagine that a threat to leave a hotel would focus the minds of the staff as they were losing a customer but they did not give a damn about me despite them knowing I was a regular customer.
The hotel pool area is very scruffy and dirty with sun beds which are of rotten wood and cigarette buts on the sun deck area near the pool. There is no attempt to tidy up.
The hotel fabric is deteriorating badly, rooms at the front and side are noisy owing to traffic and the staff are very unhelpful to guests who have problems. I have therefore decided to stop staying at this hotel and suggest guests seek alternative accommodation in better hotels nearby.
The 1200 baht rooms are a joke - the only difference I could see was a duvet and black out curtains. Not god value for money. Avoid this hotel.

Room Tip: Top floor, rear of the premises overlooking the pool. The front and sides can be very noisy and have...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled solo
5 Thank PattayaRegular
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed 12 November 2013

Me and my wife booked lek hotel pattaya 3 months in advance, two rooms in the new building hi floor pool viue as iv stayed there before.
after a few days with her mum in Korat, we then took our children,mother in-law and sister-In-law (6) people to lek hotel Pattaya,

while in korat we phoned to tell them we where in Thailand and would arrive the next day, and was told the price of the room was 1300bt??? even thow I booked three months earlier at internet prices of 1050bt???

on arrival a very rude lady gave us the keys to the rooms I didn't book, after my wife (Thai) and myself when't back to coplane we where told if you wont to move it would cost 1350bt.

as we would be charged for one nights stay we put up with BAD rooms and that afternoon my wife and myself whent around soi 12 and Pattaya to find another Hotel

We then Moved the next day to J P Court Soi Lenkee and enjoyed our holiday.

Lek Hotel Has CHANGED from years ago NOT same service, try to extrote more money from you for new building, main building rooms the same size.

Room Tip: new building has the same size rooms as main building nothing special, yes the pool side are bigger...
  • Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
9 Thank Adam M

Travellers are raving about these Pattaya hotels