“Perfect Location”

Ranked #196 of 449 Hotels in Pattaya
Little Rock, Arkansas
“Perfect Location”
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I really like this hotel and have stayed twice. The staff are really helpful even if there are language barriers at times. I always started the day with a swim and a diet coke at the the pool, then up to the room to shower come back down for breakfast (the thai omelette is great!). Having the store across the street is a huge plus also...got my coffee and juice from there.

Good sized rooms with separate bedroom is great. Bathroom had a walk in shower that I really liked, but it seemed like only every other room had any kind of vent fan for smells or steam...that needs to be standard in all of the bathrooms. I could always lounge around the room and not worry if the bed was made or all my laundry was put up if someone was there also. My brother had the room next door and we did try to cook since dishes, pans and a stove are in the room...but wasn't worth the effort for me. Head out the front and turn left down the sidewalk and go a couple of hundred yards, get one of the rotisserie chickens! Room service was actually very good also, only used it twice though.

I love the fact that all the rooms overlook the pool or restaurant. This is also my only complaint with this hotel...the sliding glass doors to the balconies do not block out the traffic noise on the street running in front of the hotel. Also, the mattress was very hard for me. I am used to a pillow top at home, so take that with a grain of salt. Not a deal-breaker for me by any means, but if they would get better sound insulation and better mattresses it would be 5 star for me.

I wasn't really impressed with the restaurant, I prefer the street vendors or more authentic thai restaurants. I get much better BBQ at home, but I was generally out at dinner time and just grabbed something where ever I was at the time, never planned out dinner.

I love the location and really think it is what really sets this hotel apart from the rest for me. During the day I would grab a tuk tuk to Jomtien beach and relax and just enjoy the day. At night I would head the other direction for the beer bars and people watch and play jenga and 4-across. I am not the party hard type so the more laid back options where for me. Generally would run into British or Australian expats that were a lot of fun to talk with.

For the money you will not get a better location, staff or room and I would have no qualms staying again in the future.

• Stayed April 2011, travelled with friends
1 Thank Michael66_ar

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (29)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
New Brighton, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Well I would not pick Pattaya for a sixteen night stay myself ,but we where visiting relatives, a bit of a tacky part of beautiful Thailand is how I would describe it.
But the reidence garden come to our rescue, a lovely hotel with very good amenities, lovely rooms(cleaned everyday) and great staff and above all very modest rates for this very nice hotel.We had our family visiting us most days and they loved the pools and reception bar area,and though we never used it the Captains Corner restaurant looked very good with great food.
Another plus where the exellent and reasonable priced drinks especially the cocktails, we only eat there on a few occasions for lunch but found the food very good and plentifull.
Another few good points if you stay, there is a family mart supermarket just acrooss the main road and you can catch one of the many Baht buses on that side of the road that will take you into the centre of Pattaya for next to nothing, we preferred going in the other direction to the Jomtian beach nicer and quieter.
So I would definatly reccomend this hotel, in my view along with seeing our lovely family saved my time in Pattaya.
Many thanks to Ib( the boss) and all his lovely staff

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the back pool its quiet and a bit away from the road.
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled with family
Crawley, United Kingdom
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed a couple of weeks top floor corner room. Bedroom and lounge with kitchenette and good size balcony. Roomy and very pleasant hotel, not expensive, good service, pool, safe car parking and minutes from walking street. Will stay there again.

• Stayed January 2012, travelled as a couple
Australia
Reviewed 22 January 2012

RG has very nice if slightly older style (ie not "chic") rooms with seperate living areas. Nice pool, location is on the main baht bus route Pattaya-Jomtien and it is only a 5-10 minute stroll to Walking Street if traffic is jammed.

If you are a solo guy looking for hard-core action, u may want to stay Central but then again RG is a pretty damn good location.

Good breakfast, laundry and family mart across the road.

And, I've just booked to arrive tomorrow night for a week - 23/1/12. So there!

Room Tip: All rooms face the pool/Thap Praya Road, a high floor will give you a better view of Pratumnak Hill...
  • Stayed February 2011, travelled solo
uk
Reviewed 4 January 2012

Stayed here from Dec 16th to Jan 2nd 2012, booked well in advance and loved the place.

Room 406 was high enough for me with the front pool view, great room with kitchen/living room and bedroom with safe,TV's in both the lounge and bedroom, bed fairly firm and the pillows were too hard for me so i asked for them to be changed and they did it immediately.

Room had a kettle and fridge with free water per day but no in room tea or coffee but there is a family mart 50 yards across the road, nothing finer than waking up early and sitting on the balcony with a cup of tea and a few biscuits watching the world go to work.

Pool food was great and the staff were superb and so helpful/friendly it was great, used the captains corner restaurant a couple of times and nice food, once with the Asian Elvis to entertain us when we had the all you can eat barbeque.

Location was great, baht bus virtually everywhere for 10 baht per person, the only time we had any problems getting a baht bus was New Years eve when the road was chaotic but there are moto bike taxis over the road and got on them, an experience i don't want to repeat but it did the trick.

All in all, 17 wonderful nights and days, loved it and will return.

• Stayed December 2011, travelled solo
Wivenhoe, Essex
Reviewed 27 November 2011

Excellent apartments, at fair price - bedroom, kitchen/living room, bathroom, balcony, swimming pool, bar/restuarant.
Love this place, the apartments are very well maintained, even having a proper kitchen (oven, hob etc)
Five minutes walk will see you in the middle of the nightlife that Pattaya is so famous for.
Guest / joiner policy, much like the rest of Thailand is that they don't mind joiners, there's no charge, but there is a limit to the rooms occupancy 2 for a double room. So, if you're inclined to be a bit "adventurous", get a larger room, for 4 maybe)
Restaurant has a good reputation, and the pool area is a nice oasis of calm.

Room Tip: They're all good, as they all face the same way, but the higher ones have a better view
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple
1 Thank dvarpala
Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 25 October 2011

If you are looking for an affordable , comfortable convenient place to stay in Pattaya then the Residence Garden has to be given consideration ,

Not quite in Central Pattaya and not in Jomtien but a great location easily reached from anywhere in the area .

This place has very Comfortable apartment style rooms which can be rented by the day or week or month with long term discounts available .

The staff are very friendly , rooms are cleaned daily and guests are supplied with free bottled drinking water water .

All in all a great place to stay in a great location !

Room Tip: Ask for discounts as they are never given freely but are available
  • Stayed October 2011, travelled as a couple