US$162
  • Beachfront
Hilton Pattaya(Pattaya)
US$285
US$240
Amari Nova Suites Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 27/07
Book now, pay at stay
US$53
US$263
US$228
US$122
US$106
Trip.com
Hard Rock Hotel Pattaya(Pattaya)
US$202
US$122
Agoda.com
Rabbit Resort Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$127
US$90
Hotels.com
Golden Sea Pattaya(Pattaya)(Great Value!)
US$40
Trip.com
US$459
US$332
Centara Hotel
All reviewscooking utensilswalking streetbusy roadbedroom suitebaht busfamily martsmall kitchenettenice poolquiet hotelgreat place to staytuk tukswimming pooljomtientvstovebalconychannels
Reviewed 12 March 2012

I stayed several times in the Residence Garden over the last 11 years and the recent visit was probably also my last. This place is just not what it used to be. I wanted to stay for 4 nights but checked out after only 1 night. The rooms are aging and and slightly run down and are in need for refurbishing. The shower head did not work properly and the water pressure was very low. The aircon in the living room was also noisy. I complained about their poor internet connection during my previous 2 visits and was assured in Nov 2010 (!!) that something would be done about it. Well, nothing was done. The download speed is extremley poor and it took upto to 10 minutes to open simple webpages. Even at 1 or 2am in the morning. I require a reasonable interet speed for my job so it would have been essential to me that it works properly and as promised. When complaining again, the day time reception manager told me that all hotels in the immediate area are the same and the problem is caused by the internet provider and not them. Well, I heard this excuse too many times from them before and just did not say anything anymore. Paid my outstanding bill and checked out the next day. I cannot comment about their restaurant this time because we did not eat there. The food used to be good though. I moved to a smaller hotel which is not even 400m away for a lower room rate, nicer rooms and the provided internet speed is now upto 10MBps without fail. That so much to their excuse that all hotels in the area are the same ....

• Stayed: March 2012, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 9 March 2012

Reserved the two bedroom suite here, and it was a very good atmosphere. AC worked very well and about a 5 min walk from walking street. Also a 24hr mini mart right across the street and location is far away enough from the main street to get a goods nights sleep.

All in all a very good deal for the buck.

Room Tip: Would suggest getting a room on the second floor or higher and towards the back for a nicer view of the city.
  • Stayed: February 2012, travelled with friends
Reviewed 22 February 2012

I really like this hotel and have stayed twice. The staff are really helpful even if there are language barriers at times. I always started the day with a swim and a diet coke at the the pool, then up to the room to shower come back down for breakfast (the thai omelette is great!). Having the store across the street is a huge plus also...got my coffee and juice from there.

Good sized rooms with separate bedroom is great. Bathroom had a walk in shower that I really liked, but it seemed like only every other room had any kind of vent fan for smells or steam...that needs to be standard in all of the bathrooms. I could always lounge around the room and not worry if the bed was made or all my laundry was put up if someone was there also. My brother had the room next door and we did try to cook since dishes, pans and a stove are in the room...but wasn't worth the effort for me. Head out the front and turn left down the sidewalk and go a couple of hundred yards, get one of the rotisserie chickens! Room service was actually very good also, only used it twice though.

I love the fact that all the rooms overlook the pool or restaurant. This is also my only complaint with this hotel...the sliding glass doors to the balconies do not block out the traffic noise on the street running in front of the hotel. Also, the mattress was very hard for me. I am used to a pillow top at home, so take that with a grain of salt. Not a deal-breaker for me by any means, but if they would get better sound insulation and better mattresses it would be 5 star for me.

I wasn't really impressed with the restaurant, I prefer the street vendors or more authentic thai restaurants. I get much better BBQ at home, but I was generally out at dinner time and just grabbed something where ever I was at the time, never planned out dinner.

I love the location and really think it is what really sets this hotel apart from the rest for me. During the day I would grab a tuk tuk to Jomtien beach and relax and just enjoy the day. At night I would head the other direction for the beer bars and people watch and play jenga and 4-across. I am not the party hard type so the more laid back options where for me. Generally would run into British or Australian expats that were a lot of fun to talk with.

For the money you will not get a better location, staff or room and I would have no qualms staying again in the future.

• Stayed: April 2011, travelled with friends
1  Thank Michael66_ar
Reviewed 31 January 2012

Well I would not pick Pattaya for a sixteen night stay myself ,but we where visiting relatives, a bit of a tacky part of beautiful Thailand is how I would describe it.
But the reidence garden come to our rescue, a lovely hotel with very good amenities, lovely rooms(cleaned everyday) and great staff and above all very modest rates for this very nice hotel.We had our family visiting us most days and they loved the pools and reception bar area,and though we never used it the Captains Corner restaurant looked very good with great food.
Another plus where the exellent and reasonable priced drinks especially the cocktails, we only eat there on a few occasions for lunch but found the food very good and plentifull.
Another few good points if you stay, there is a family mart supermarket just acrooss the main road and you can catch one of the many Baht buses on that side of the road that will take you into the centre of Pattaya for next to nothing, we preferred going in the other direction to the Jomtian beach nicer and quieter.
So I would definatly reccomend this hotel, in my view along with seeing our lovely family saved my time in Pattaya.
Many thanks to Ib( the boss) and all his lovely staff

Room Tip: I would ask for a room overlooking the back pool its quiet and a bit away from the road.
  • Stayed: January 2012, travelled with family
Reviewed 30 January 2012

Stayed a couple of weeks top floor corner room. Bedroom and lounge with kitchenette and good size balcony. Roomy and very pleasant hotel, not expensive, good service, pool, safe car parking and minutes from walking street. Will stay there again.

• Stayed: January 2012, travelled as a couple