“The place to be in Pattaya”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #3 of 465 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 22 August 2011

I happened to go to Pattaya at the end of a trip to Bangkok as I didn’t have enough time to fly to Phuket or Koh Samui. Needless to say I was not too enthusiastic about the prospect of spending two days in a place that is famous mainly for prostitution but it was the only way to enjoy some time on the beach.
It was pretty difficult for me to choose a hotel because I usually like small and exclusive hotels and that’s not what you find in Pattaya where concrete buildings are everywhere. I ended booking a room at the Sheraton because of its secluded location (it’s 10 minutes away from Pattaya itself) and its tropical garden.
By Pattaya standards it’s a rather small hotel with only 120 rooms, set withing a beautiful tropical garden, and with what I believe is the only private beach in Pattaya! I really had a great time at the Sheraton: the surroundings are beautiful. There are two large swimming pools and a wonderful view on the sea (the hotel is built on a hill and goes down to the sea). It’s a true 5 star hotel, rooms are large and very comfortable.
Service is great, and you can have a nice lunch or dinner at a reasonable price at the bar to enjoy the view on the sea. I didn’t try the restaurant since it’s inside the main building and I wanted to eat outside.
The spa is wonderful, one of the very best I’ve been too (and I’ve been to some of the best rated spa in the world!). I spent a full afternoon there and it felt like paradise.
The big Plus in this hotel is its location. It’s on a hill and from there you have a great view on the sea but cannot sea Pattaya or Jomtien (and that’s not a view you want to have from your hotel room!), you feel miles away from the noise. It’s main drawback would be some buildings behind the Sheraton that are quite tall but you hardly notice them.

Room Tip: Deluxe Pavilion with an ocean view...
  • Stayed: February 2011, travelled solo
1  Thank Nokinsie
Write a ReviewReviews (1,291)

Reviewed 9 August 2011

The Sheraton Pattaya Resort is a nice hotel located about a five minute ride away from the busy town of Pattaya. The resort itself is quite nice, with a pool and beach access, The restaurants are good, if a little bit expensive.

There is a bar/lounge at the resort, but it closes a bit early (I arrived at the hotel at about midnight, and nothing was open).

It is not too difficult to get to town - a short taxi ride that cost about 200THB (~$7). Also, the hotel runs a shuttle into town and back periodically.

The room itself was very nice, spacious and well appointed. There was a big balcony, and depending on which floor you are on, you might be able to see the sea.

There is not much to do nearby (no bars, restaurants, etc.), so if that is something that you want, you will need to take a taxi, or the shuttle. Having said that, it isn't terribly inconvenient - I took a taxi down for dinner, and then some time on "walking street", and when I was ready to go back, it was easy to get a taxi.

So, it's far enough from the hustle and bustle (and sights) of Pattaya to give some peace and relaxation, yet close enough that you can enjoy Pattaya's night life without too much difficulty.

• Stayed: June 2011, travelled on business
1  Thank jerogers
Reviewed 6 August 2011

Little far from the main pattaya city, which boast of series of top class hotels, this Hotel stands out in its class and beauty. The Hotel offers complimentary periodic shuttle to the main city, from the Hotel, so it does not make a difference, if the Hotel is little outside. But great value for money, rooms are very spacious and staff very helpful. Infact, I had to work overnight due some urgent development, the staff was nice enough to keep the business centre open for me, without any extra costs and kept checking, if all was well. So, great value for money and great property. Highly recommended, if you value nature, serenity and comfort.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 5 August 2011

We were out visiting my son in Pattay, he is working in Chonburi for the summer. We were advised to stay at the Sheraton as it is a bit out of town, away from the "nightlife".

Whilst we could not recommend a visit to Pattaya, the sight of seedy looking middle aged and old wetern men with teenage Thia girls is really awful and thats really what this town is all about, we would however definatly recommend this hotel if you need to travel here.

The hotel sits on a hill on the outskirts of town and is easily accesible by road. Once at the hotel you are transported around the propoerty in club cars. The hotel has excellent views of the bay and beyond. Our room had two large beds and a superb bathroom with walk inn rain shower and seperate bath.

The room was very clean and well laid out with a large flat screen TV, tea/coffe facilities and safe.

The hotel has two pools and access to the beach however it is more of a man-made sand strip with a stone stairway down to the waters edge. I didn't see anyone in the sea and I don't think it would be wise as the water did not look the cleanest.

The hotel has a coupe of places to eat and one bar, unfortunatly the bar shuts at 11pm???? this was a big surprise to us as we were just starting to relax when it closed.

The hotel offers a limo service and we used this a couple of times to get into town to meet our son. We ate at a really nice place called Mantra and the return limo charge was around £20.

The spa is great value and is really relaxing. If you want a proper spa treatment this would be a first class choice.

This is an excellent hotel and if it was in a better part of Thailand we would return.

Room Tip: Ask for a top floor room facing the sea. The rooms on the ground and first floor really only have vi...
  • Stayed: August 2011, travelled with family
2  Thank jalnic
Reviewed 4 August 2011

This is absolute a place to relax and read beside the pool esp. when I don't really swim much. There were so few people in the hotel to disturb you. The sea view in the room is perfect. Service is great, in particular at the pool area. The free shuttle service to the town center simply added colour to your food choice, night life and shopping.
However, don't expect too much fun as there are not many facilities and free wifi is limited to 1 hour in designated area only. There are also many steps going up and down to the pools or the beach. So, for lazy couples who just want to escape from work, this is one of hte perfect places to stay a few days.

Room Tip: Must get an ocean-view room.
  • Stayed: July 2011, travelled as a couple
Reviewed 2 August 2011

We stayed at the hotel and we had dinner at Infinity Restaurant inside the hotel. This restaurant mainly offers Italian cuisines and most of them were so delicious. In particular, six cheese pizza was so good so that we re-ordered it. Restaurant staff members are hard working and their additude were warmful. The view from the restaurant was also beautiful and it is located on the top of the hill, therefore the winds are comforatable.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with family
Reviewed 2 August 2011

I have been in Pattaya a few times, Pattaya has never given me a very good impression until this time I stay in this hotel. I was in an Ocean view villa, the villa itself is of a very traditional Thai décor, surround by local vegetation (so be prepared for the mosquito inside your room), we were welcomed by some Thai fruits and desert. The breakfast experience is great and restaurant is comfortable. The spa is nice and cheap here. We hired a speed boat the Coral Island, we get on from the small private beach at Sheraton. We have been unable to find any decent restaurant in Pattaya, so we had our dinners in the hotel, we had Thai food there and all the dishes are just superb.

However, there has been a problem when I drove to the hotel, there are no road sign leading to the Sheraton at all, I got no difficulties to get to a 2km range of the hotel, however, even though I managed to drive to the nearby area within 2 km, it still took me over 30mins to find the hotel, I eventually need to get a motor bike to lead me to the hotel, which is only 1 min. away, and paid B150 for it.

• Stayed: July 2011, travelled with friends