“My favorite hotel”

Ranked #4 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
Houston, Texas
“My favorite hotel”
Reviewed 17 November 2012

This is without a doubt my favorite hotel in the world.
The Sheraton Pattaya is not particularly exclusive, expensive or ostentatious, but it is a very well thought out property with an immense attention to detail and it just feels right.

I must confess that I am normally biased against Sheraton Hotels, primarily because I don’t find them very appealing and their loyalty program is not as good as other chains.
When I first researched this place, I considered both the Marriott and the Hilton but the pictures of the Sheraton looked so nice that I took the chance and went for it.

Upon my arrival I was whisked into the lobby/check-in area, which is a gorgeous room made of native exotic woods with high ceilings and no doors. Something akin to what you would see at the Grand Waileia in Maui.
In each corner of this great room is a little desk where you sit across from the receptionist as she checks you in. All is done in a very relaxed atmosphere (perhaps too relaxed), just keep in mind that Pattaya operates on a slower schedule than the western one.

Once the check in was completed, I made my way to the room which was located in a villa that was subdivided into four rooms. Each room has its own entrance and is completely private from the other three units to which it is attached. The room was absolutely gorgeous and good size probably about 500sf (50m2) with exotic wood flooring and just nicely decorated. While not ostentatious it was luxurious and more importantly comfortable – the only back draw is that it’s so nice that I did not want to leave the room. Attached to the room is a beautiful balcony and even though you have 3 neighbors it is so well designed that you cannot see the other balconies, so no awkward moments while you are on the balcony. The bathroom is also incredibly well designed, with two sinks one on each end – so that both two guests can have their own area. In addition thereto, the bathroom has a shower and a separate tub - brilliant.

The grounds are some of the nicest that I have ever seen, with perhaps the Chedi in Muscat being the only exception. While they may not be exceptional in the region what I really liked was the layout. Pools were strategically placed throughout the grounds and never more than a few steps from most rooms. While there is a beach, it is a bit of a hike and the only criticism I have of the resort. The beach is small, not very clean and the water is full of rocks and rubbish making it unappealing to swim in.

There are a few restaurants on the property, one by the beach, one on top of it with a view over the bay and one in the main building overlooking the gardens. All restaurants served exceptional food, my first time trying snowfish and it was excellent. Overall it is just a great place to relax – I wish that I could have spent a week here.

Room Tip: Make sure you get one of the villas
  • Stayed January 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Mark J
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 23 December 2012
Dear M J,

Greetings from the beautiful Sheraton Pattaya Resort!

I am pleased to read that you rated us as your most favorite hotel in the world! Your positive comments has been shared with our landscaping, kitchen, and Front Office and they too appreciate your kind words. I am sure every one of our associates will be delighted to take care of you again. On your next visit, I hope that i will have the opportunity to personally meet you as well.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (230)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Hyderabad, India
Reviewed 17 November 2012

I checked in on 23rd October and stayed for two nights.
Check in formalities were very fast. Lobby staff were very helpful and friendly.
Hotel property is excellent. Food is good.
breakfast is amazing. Little scope for vegetarians.
cleaning staff are good.
Nice place to explore.
only drawback is it is little far from beach and city center.

1 Thank kktaparia
Dear kktaparia,

Thank you for staying with us. I appreciate your positive comments towards our service offerings and I will be sure to share with the departments you complimented. I noted your comment about the hotel not being in the city and hope you were able to take advantage of our complimentary shuttle service. Although it's only 10-15minutes away, the short distance allows us to really provide a calm and relaxing environment! We look forward to welcoming you back.

Tomo Kuriayama
Bangkok
Reviewed 16 November 2012 via mobile

The hotel is situated on a hill with a great view of the gulf of Thailand. The lobby and restaurants are right on the top of the hill but it's a pleasant walk.

Our room is a corner room but can view the sea from the balcony. The room is nicely painted with warm orange color and the bathroom is tastefully tiled. The only drawback is that there was sewage-like ordour inside the room during the day.

Breakfast is excellent. I recommend dining or drinking at their outdoor restaurant which has an amazing view at sunset.

• Stayed February 2012
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 22 December 2012
Dear blue9bkk,

Thank you for your feedback and we are happy to hear that you had an overall enjoyable experience with us. As you mentioned, we are very fortunate in our location allowing many of our guest rooms to have such a breathtaking view of the Gulf of Siam. I'm also happy to hear that you enjoyed our restaurant and bars.

I regret to hear of the odor incident you encountered but rest assure that we have since resolved it. I look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

pune
Reviewed 10 November 2012

I was here part of the Regional Sales Conference! its n amzing Place, very Green n Serene n brings a lot of calmth to ur life! the staff r very attendive n th food for its variety n Price were top Notch!! seems the place have been frequently visited and you can see the strain on the Furnitures n the Bathroom! but still Had grt times n Strongly recommended!!

Room Tip: Stayed @ 127, was cozy, had a private Balcony extendin to the Swimming Pool!!
  • Stayed November 2012, travelled on business
1 Thank Anand_reviews
Dear anand_8584,

Thank you for choosing to stay at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. We are pleased to hear that you enjoyed our services and tropical lush gardens. In regards to your comment about the furniture, we are currently replacing some cushions throughout our guest room. I am confident that you will enjoy the refresh look of our guestrooms.

I look forward to welcoming you back to the beautiful Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

Bangkok
Reviewed 25 October 2012

This was our 4th annual visit to this fine hotel and we are as impressed with their service and room quality as any other visit. Easy to get to location (take the southern Jomtien beach road to avoid all that nasty Pattaya traffic), great ocean views from our 3rd floor room, and welcome service from front till end. Noteworthy was the Spa (so my wife says - good value and quality), and the Breakfast service. We did not want the Buffet - though we've had it before and it was excellent - and had the Eggs Benedict and Cobb salad (specially requested off the Lunch menu). Both dishes were fresh and satisfying.

A new discovery this time is the hotel's close proximity to a hillside park adjacent to Pattaya's Royal Cliff. Great run route with tree coverage throughout. A hilly 1.3k round.

I Highly recommend this hotel. Keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Go to this hotel. Stay away from Pattaya city - increasingly dirtier, more congested, more polluted...
3 Thank sjoobn
sheratonpattaya, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 3 November 2012
Dear Sjoobn,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort, and I hope that you are well! Thank you so much for the review on Tripadvisor, and the positive comments regarding our resort. We are all delighted that you enjoyed your stay with us again. I look forward to welcoming you back to our resort again next year!

chennai
Reviewed 24 October 2012

I stayed in this place for 2 days . I liked the room ,it was very clean and nice ,the service was good
I used the swimming pool and the staff in the swimming pool was very friendly and jovial ( bad i do not remember his name) ,the only problem i had was there was some drilling of concrete going on just out side my room for a long time.the front office staff where friendly ,no free wi fi ,over all i had a good experience .

Room Tip: Siam bay shore hotel is also good, not five star but offers more and it is close to the ferry point...
  • Stayed October 2012, travelled solo
Dear YogaChennai,

Thank you for taking the time to post your comments on Tripadvisor, and I am delighted that you enjoyed your stay at our resort. Please do accept my apologies for any noise disturbance. We tried our very best to keep the noise to a minimum, but unfortunately needed to gain access to an underground water pipe that was leaking. I'm happy to say that it was fixed quickly, and everything is back to its usual peaceful atmosphere now. Thank you also for the kind comments regarding the team here, and I do look forward to welcome you back in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 19 October 2012

I have stayed at the property once several yaesr back, and the past Monday meand my partner decided to spend our short break there. The hotel is now more than 7 years old, so going back there was a bit of a risk as some properties would not retain there merits, not Sheraton Pattaya. In fact this time we are more impressed by the level of attentiveness and how the staffs value returned guests. We drove from BKK, exhausted from traffic. But as soon as arrived we were very well taken care of. Khun Deer the Guest Service Manager was a real gem. He took care of the check-in very effectively. He even offered us the SPA discount voucher which we used that evening before dinner and we were delighted we did, Amburaya SPA still cater a high level of SPA treatment, and dinner at the hotel restuarant was a delight especially when we were taken care by Khun Kwan, another founder staff of the property. She took care of ours every wishes with an air of enthusiasm which made s feel very well taken care of. Element restuarant is an all day dining venue which also serve breakfast in the morning. This restaurant impressed us most with the panoramic view of the ocean. The food was of high quality. We stayed at the Pavillion Ocean room which was divine. Real King Size bed, bath tub that will accomodate two adults without feeling like a canned tuna, and separate shower with powerful water pressure. Nothing was too much trouble for the staffs and they made sure we felt that way all the time we were there. Just request them with your wishes and I'm certain they would try there best. Sheraton Pattaya was perfect for our luxurious relaxing and pampered weekend with convenience of proximity to middle of Pattaya city. A very well maintained luxurious hotel with genuinely wonderful staffs. Thank again Khun Deer and Khun Kwan especially for have made our break wonderfully satisfying. We will definitely be seeing you guys again.

p.s. Sheraton Pattaya is owned by the same owner of W Samui, and W Bangkok, no wonder everything about it reflects only highest of standards. keep up the good work.

Room Tip: Go for Pavillion Ocean Room, really worth the extra. Some room can be more private than the other e...
1 Thank Ukrit J
Dear Ukrit J,

Hello from Pattaya, and thank you so much for taking the time to post your detailed review here on Tripadvisor! We are of course delighted that you enjoyed this trip as much as the last, and I shall of course pass on your very kind comments to Khun Deer and Khun Kwan. We are fortunate to have a great team of people taking care of our guests at the resort!

I do hope to be able to personally welcome you back in the future,