“Beautiful hotel, very relax”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #5 of 442 Hotels in Pattaya
Hong Kong, China
“Beautiful hotel, very relax”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2013

I stayed there for 3 nights. The room is good and high ceiling, with a balcony. When you arrive, leave the baggage at the main door, cuz there are stairs walking up to the front desk. When done, back to main door, they will bring you to the room with golf car. Yes, the resort is big, each building has about 3-4 stories. In the room, some fruits are ready for your. Bathroom is huge with tube and shower. You may order your room service for breakfast, then joy the view and your breakfast at your balcony. One drawback is this resort does not have elevator from front door to Spa.... I checked out and left my baggage there, and wanted to take shower after return. The spa is down stairs... It's little bit troublesome to let bellboy carrying your 15kg baggage up and down to the spa room. I reflected this problem to Sheraton, they are planning to build an elevator to the spa. Btw, enjoy the private beach at the resort.
This hotel is little remote from walking street. If you like hanging outside the hotel, better pick another one. The hotel provides shuttle service to the Central Plaza, however, the last shuttle back to hotel is 9:30pm. That may not be convenient for those enjoying nightlife! But I believe this is definitely good for couple to go for honey moon and private time.

Room Tip: Ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Rita F
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2013
Dear Rita F,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your most recent visit to Thailand. I appreciate your positive feedback on both the electronic survey as well as on Trip Advisor.
As mentioned in my email response, we are looking into an elevator for the beach building where the Infiniti Restaurant is and hope you will find them useful on your next visit with us.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and I look forward to meeting you in person on your next visit.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (223)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
Tallinn, Estonia
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2013

I enjoyed stay in Sheraton. All good, housekeeping and turn down service was perfect.
The only thing that disappointed me that the room service tray wasn't removed same night, when ordered in the evening, only by lunch time. All the rest was on good level. Spa treatments of their best. Bar at the sea with good range of cocktails. Breakfast buffet also nice. Rooms are spacious and very cosy. Will recommend others.

Stayed January 2013, travelled on business
Dear ladyjessica1904,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort. It was real pleasure meeting you in the resort and I'm happy to read that you have an overall enjoyable experience with us. I appreciate your feedback about the in-room dining tray as well and will certainly follow up with the team.

Once again, thank you for staying with us and I look forward to your return.

Hereford, United Kingdom
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 July 2013

A beautiful old style hotel perfectly set amongst tropical trees and colourful blooms. As people have already said, you need to be relatively fit and mobile as there are plenty of steps to climb although it is a small price to pay for all the luxury and scenery this hotel provides. The delicious Thai food is worth coming for alone, but there are plenty of other options available. The breakfast is the best I have encountered, the choice is outstanding, from Thai cooked, English cooked, cold meats and cheeses, fresh fruits and yoghurts, fresh croissant and cakes, make your own pancakes, and even an omelette bar where you can choose your own ingredients and it is made in front of you, Yummy ! Pattaya is what everyone says, a red light district with hustle and bustle and worth seeing at least once. This hotel provides a complimentary bus service in and out of Pattaya. If one visit into town is enough for you and I think for some it might be....don't worry because this hotel provides the opposite and you don't need to go anywhere else. If you are on a stop over, or just looking to get out of Bangkok this place is seriously worth the taxi ride (only 90 mins from the airport). Lovely friendly staff and fabulous rooms. We are here out of season which I think is probably the best time to come.

Room Tip: 3rd floor with ocean view
  • Stayed July 2013, travelled as a couple
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 8 July 2013
Dear KMC584,

Thank you for staying with us at the Sheraton Pattaya and taking your time to share your feedback with us through Trip Advisor. I was pleased to read all your positive comments and glad you enjoyed the serenity in our resort. I can't agree with you more about the resort being the opposite of the hustle and bustle the city offers! I will definitely share your comments about the culinary offerings with our Food and Beverage team and I'm sure they will appreciate the recognition.

I look forward to welcoming you and your family to the resort again.

Mumbai, India
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 5 July 2013

Beautiful Resort...perfect for a relaxing holiday..great pool and the service is simply superb!! Everyone from the concierge to the reception staff and the housekeeping..they all go out of their way to make you feel welcome and attend to each and every need with a smile! The rooms are also very nice, and we were lucky to get a complimentary upgrade too! Would definitely recommend it to anyone planning on going to Pattaya.

• Stayed June 2013, travelled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2013
Dear Priyalaxman,

Thank you for your recent stay with us at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort. Your kind comments about the service you received from the resort staff has been passed on and we are pleased to learn that we met your expectation. We look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the future.

Bangkok, Thailand
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 1 July 2013

I spent 2 nights with the family here during the Thai New Year break. Check in was smooth. On arriving to the room we realized that the Kid's pool was a bit of a walk from the room.Since there are a lot of stairs all around it is not very convenient for very young kids. On request they moved us to a room near the Kid's pool. I feel this should have been advised and done at the time of the check in. No cocktail menu at the pool and one cannot buy from the infinity bar which is behind the pool and bring over at the pool area. Thai food Menu at the pool was not offered when I ordered lunch at the pool. After asking again came to know there are more choices and inexpensive quick bites in the Thai Menu.

Had friends visiting us one evening and we had ordered pancakes from room service for a 3 year old which took almost an hour to deliver after a number of calls. Reason given that the order had been overlooked.

Staff is good and friendly. Very tropical and a good location away from downtown pattaya. Other than a few hiccups it was a nice stay and the kids enjoyed the pool a lot. It is a nice resort but I doubt if I would stay again.

Room Tip: If using the kid's pool ask for a room near the kid's pool area.
  • Stayed April 2013, travelled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 5 July 2013
Dear Micky S,

Thank you for staying with us on your most recent visit to Pattaya. I am pleased to read that you had an overall memorable experience with us and that your children enjoyed our three pools but regret to hear of the shortcomings. I have shared your comment about the room location with our Front Office team and I will reinforce the importance of room assignment once again with the team. For the pool menu, both food and drinks were selected from the Infiniti location so that they can be delivered in a timely manner but we are happy to serve from our Elements menu as well.

In regards to your pancake order missing, there's no excuse and please accept my apology. I hope we will have another opportunity to welcome you back so that we can remedy the poor impression created on this occasion.

Hawaii
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 19 June 2013

We had a wonderful experience at the beautiful Sheraton Pattaya Resort. The grounds are tropical with lots of flowers, banana trees, and beautiful orchids everywhere. The rooms are comfortable and we loved the decor and the cute little rock with a painted "welcome" from our room attendant. The staff at Elements provided the best service, especially Chanoran, Chatisiri and Nixon. We swam in all of the pools and Thankit made sure we had our towels and my husband had a local beer. We enjoyed the area and especially the location of the Sheraton. The shuttle to shopping was very easy to take. Everyone was so nice. At checkout, Vatcharmon and Thanida were so sweet and we didn't want to leave. We already miss Sheraton Pattaya!!

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Susang22
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 29 June 2013
Dear Susang22,

Thank you for your recent visit and for your feedback through Trip Advisor. I am happy to read that our landscaping was to your liking and our resort team was able to enhance your vacation for you and your husband. I will be sure to share your comments with the individuals that made an impression to you and congratulate them. Thank you also for sharing your comments on the Elements Restaurant page.

I look forward to welcoming you and your husband back in the near future.

Kota Kinabalu, Malaysia
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 17 June 2013

We have spent 2 nights at this resort with my wife and the experience went well beyond my expectations.

The staff was very attentive to our needs and the resort itself is an absolute paradise with beautiful gardens, swimming pools and a wonderful location for seeing stunning sunsets on the beach. The Japanese guest relation was really friendly and we have warm personalize touch during our stay and special thanks to Ae and Mr Kuriyama who really care with us.

Our room was spacious and well decorated and the food quality was very good and I can say it's superb delicious. Overall it was a great time for us and we will definitely return soon.

We highly recommend this hotel to everyone.

• Stayed May 2013, travelled as a couple
1 Thank t0m0kim
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2013
Dear tomoki m,

It was a real pleasure to have you as our guest and I'm pleased to read that the team was able to attend to your needs. Your kind compliments will be shared with the team especially with Khun Ae. On behalf of the team at the Sheraton Pattaya Resort, I would like to thank you again for your support and we hope to be your choice of hotel in your future return to Pattaya.