“Paradise in Pattaya! :)”

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #4 of 458 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 2 April 2014

To begin with I must say it is a Paradise in Pattaya. Awesome is not the word. It's aways from SIN city. Clean, Pristine and amazing!
Pro's about the Resort
1. Awesome place. Too much greenery
2. Amazing rooms. Designed in such a way to give the look of a Jungle resort
3. Free Water etc.
4. Amazing Views.
5. Has loads of Pools
6. Clean Private Beach
7. Three different Restaurants with amazing and affordable food
8. Free shuttle service to Pattaya SIN city.
9. Free Wifi in most of the places in Resort.
10. Beautiful View
11. Wonderful Sand in the private Beach
12. Good place for family away from the Sin city problems
13. Good Spas too with great deals

Cons about the Resort
1. Its kind of away from the 1st, 2nd and 3rd Street which is a life of Pattaya.
2. Although shuttles are available but no shuttle after 9:30PM
3. Travelers are forced to eat in the resort as it is far from the main market place

Recommendation to Sheraton
They should offer free rides to city. Its 3kms of Mountainous road. So walking is not an option. With the money they charge, they should offer this facility to people who want to enjoy pristine with Sin City.!!

Please do carry loads of Mosquito Sprays if you are particular!

Room Tip: Choose any room you want. All are good
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with family
1  Thank Shreyas2415
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2014

Dear Shreyas2415,

Thank you for your detailed feedback based on your latest experience at the resort. I'm pleased to learn that you enjoyed the facilities and the service in the resort. Your comments have been shared in our morning meeting today and the team is delighted as well.

I hope we will have the opportunity to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

There are newer reviews for InterContinental Pattaya Resort

Reviewed 23 March 2014

This was our second stay here, and we very much enjoyed it again. The Sheraton is a beautiful getaway with lush gardens and beautiful rooms. Located on the cliff between Pattaya and Jomtien, you really wouldn't think you are in "sin city". The hotel is a bit off from main attractions, but loads of taxis and songteuw just infront of the hotel, or you can even take the free shuttle bus from the hotel to take you to the city.
The Sheraton beach is perfect, white sand, lovely lounge chairs and free bottles of water (cool towels every few hours too!). The water is nice, but the rocks are a bit tricky to get into the sea. Pools are beautiful in the middle of lush gardens.
The restaurant is quite good too (Infiniti with amazing views of the sea and a stunning sunset). But you can get very good food down in the city that is a lot cheaper. Breakfast buffet is amazing.
Neg: I do have to say I was disappointed that we had to pay for internet. It was free for one room, but not for the other room. Internet should be free, especially in a Sheraton

• Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2014

Dear Flanners10,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent getaway to Pattaya.

I'm pleased to learn that your 2nd stay with us was just as enjoyable as the first. I noted your comment about the wifi and certainly understand your point of view. Currently Sheraton hotels do have a fee for internet in the standard guest rooms but we do understand the importance of connectivity and offer complimentary internet in the public areas as well as a 24 hour "Link at Sheraton" where we have computer stations available. I hope you were able to take advantage and connect with your friends and family. For your 3rd visit to the resort, please do contact me so that I can check the promotions which include internet or offer you the pavilion category which has internet as an added value.

Once again, thank you for your continuous support and I hope I will have the opportunity to meet you in person at the resort on your next stay.

Reviewed 22 March 2014

The hotel doesn't have a nice beach, nor is it close to down town and its attractions! The only thing you can do is enjoy the nice swimming pools and OK restaurants. Food in the downtown area is so much better and cheaper. Specially seafood! You'll have to take a shuttle to reach down town and the shuttle doesn't take you back! We also took forever to check in and out as service is extremely slow.

• Stayed: November 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank Amool3ali
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 23 March 2014

Dear Amool3ali,

First and foremost, thank you for staying with us. I'm disappointed that the resort was not to your expectation and please allow me to personally follow up.

The beach in Pattaya in generally does not offer clear waters compared to other beach destinations in Thailand and I try to be transparent to Trip Advisor reviewers as you can see from my other responses which I often recommend Koh Larn island.

As far as the location of the resort, the 15 minute drive distance to downtown is ideal in order for us to be away from the hustle and bustle of the city allowing our guests to experience a true relaxing resort ambiance but I understand that some prefer to be next to a shopping mall or the vibrant nightlife. I also noted your comment about our complimentary shuttle and please allow me to clarify that it is offered both ways for guest convenience. We try our best to communicate through signage in lobby entrance and in your key packet but I apologize as we had failed to communicate clearly. I also regret to hear about the efficiency of your check-in and check-out and will review with the Front Office Manager on how we can streamline the process for future.

Thank you for your positive comment about our pools and I do hope despite the points above, you still enjoyed the service and your stay with us.

Reviewed 15 March 2014

Food at Infiniti is very yummy. I'd recommend mushroom pizza, tuna tartar & pork belly. Its cocktails are great too. I tried bonanza & rainforest. Special thanks to the waiter Ting for his very well service there. Beautiful sunset sea view during 5-7pm, that's a great food for eyes too.

The only bad thing is that you cannot really go to the sea, but the sand there is white & very clean. Great beach for sunbath & relaxing.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this reviewResponded 19 March 2014

Dear Billeua,

Greetings from Sheraton Pattaya Resort.

Thank you for your comments and for being our guest. I am pleased to learn that you enjoyed our food and cocktail creations as well as the service you received from Khun Ting. We have recently expanded the kitchen and added various equipment and will be making improvements to the menu and I hope you will be able to visit us to try them out.

Once again, thank you for staying and dining with us.

Reviewed 13 March 2014

This was our second stay at this property which had beautiful landscape with lots of tree. We stayed in Deluxe Pavilion Ocean View room for one night. Staff were friendly and helpful. The landscape structured in such a way that one would have to walk up and down a bit around the property. We enjoyed this and there was no problem. However, one with limited mobility has to be aware. There were good choices for breakfast. There were three pools including the big one with kid area. My son really enjoyed this pool which he could stand and move around freely. There was even a staff given everyone a fruit-blended shot around the pool. We considered this as a special treat. We enjoyed our lovely dinner with sunset view at the Infinity restaurant. We would strongly recommend you to try. One of the staff at the restaurant named "Pu" went above and beyond our expectation. She should be complimented.

We had an opportunity to meet with Mr. Tomo, the GM, during breakfast. Meeting with the GM was rare in our experience. He was like one of the staff, but we took a notice of his name badge. We recalled his name from an email confirmation as well as a card welcoming us back to the resort. He smiled and greeted everyone around and also bended down to greet kids including our son. He even helped his staff lifting a heavy chair.

One caution about this property is that there was no access to the beach/ocean if you intend to swim. There was sand beach and beds you could lie down and look at the ocean. In our view, beaches in Pattaya were not nice to swim anyway.

• Stayed: February 2014, travelled with family

Dear camrybkk,

Thank you for returning to the Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent visit to Pattaya.

I'm pleased to read your feedback and it was a real pleasure to meet you and your family. Your compliments are greatly appreciated and I'm glad that I was able to leave a positive impression. It's certainly the fun part of my job interacting with our guests!

I noted your comment about the access to the beach and I'm pleased to share with you that we have now an elevator available which can be taken from the Infiniti Restaurant directly to the beach area. We hope you will be able to take advantage of this on your next visit.

Thank you again for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back for your 3rd visit.

Reviewed 12 March 2014

The resort offers a wide variety of rooms and 3 different swimming pools each different in its own way. Its set in a rainforest kind of environment and has rooms with stunning views of the oceans.
Only negative being that the resort does not really have a natural beach.

Room Tip: Ocean facing rooms are excellent.
  • Stayed: August 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank akhilbansal28

Dear akhilbansal28,

Greetings from sunny Pattaya.

Thank you for staying with us on your recent visit. I'm happy to read that you enjoyed our 3 swimming pools and the tropical landscaping. I agree that it certainly sets the resort ambiance and enhances guest experience.

We hope your future plans to Pattaya will include Sheraton Pattaya Resort and that we will have an opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 9 March 2014

Pattaya is not worth to be considered as a destination but once you leave this city behind and enter the Sheraton, you can forget about it all and enjoy it! Superb location, quiet, lush gardens and three nice but rather small pools. Superior rooms are very spacious and our ocean view room had ok views but, unfortunately, a very noisy aircon. And beware of moskitos! The beach is useless and you cannot swim from there. The highlight is for sure the Infitiny Restaurant with its excellent and very friendly staff and good kitchen. I have to admit, I fell in love with the calamari rings! We had three sundowners there followed by dinner and enjoyed it very much. During our Feb/March visit, the hotel was almost empty and we enjoyed the availability of good tables and deckchairs. A pool was under repair but this did not matter. The Elements restaurant was less impressive and the staff clearly not up to the standards of the Infinity. Breakfast is ok but not too exciting. The transfer to/from BKK airport was very well organized, reasonably priced and done in 90 minutes. So this hotel is well placed for a short stopover if you do not want to fly on to an island or want to stay away from Bangkok itself.

Room Tip: Go for a superior ocean-view room, the standard rooms are in bigger buildings up the hill and often...
  • Stayed: March 2014, travelled with friends

Dear HansM1959,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Pattaya. I appreciate you taking your time out of your busy schedule to provide us with valuable feedback.

I'm happy to read your compliments towards the ambiance and the facilities of the resort. Your kind comments towards the food at Infiniti is also appreciated. I acknowledged your constructive feedback about the mosquitoes and we will discuss with 3rd party pesticide company to see what can be done to keep them under control. In regards to the noisy AC, I would appreciate if you can contact me and share with me your room number or the details of your stay so that I can take appropriate action.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and I hope you will consider staying with us again in the future.