“Beautiful property but service needs improvement lots of improvement!” 3 of 5 bubbles
Review of InterContinental Pattaya Resort

InterContinental Pattaya Resort
Ranked #5 of 441 Hotels in Pattaya
Vero Beach, Florida
“Beautiful property but service needs improvement lots of improvement!”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 12 July 2014

This is my third visit to this property. I have a great deal of experience with resorts around the world. Property is gorgeous and rooms are nicely laid out. However, I found the service to be a little less than one would expect from a five star property with rooms at $400 plus a night! The Infinit bar used to have a great menu. The new menu is terrible! The options are not appealing to me. The prices are ridiculously high for off season! My room did not come with breakfast and the breakfast bill came in at over 2338 for three people. That would not have been so bad if they had bothered to give me the right breakfast! Towels are shoddy in the rooms. I find myself having to call for things. Yes, I am demanding, but one expects a certain standard when paying for a Mercedes. And the hotel bills itself as a five star property. I found the noise from all of the families and kids a bit irritating, but that is something that is out of the control of the property. I guess my biggest issues with this place is the poor quality of the food, lack of choice in soft drinks, crappy towels in the rooms and the fact that a five star property has staff that don't seem to know how to render five star service... Again, location and physical plant are beautiful. If you can ignore these other issues, it is certainly a better option than most of the other sleeze ball operations in Pattaya, Thailand.

Room Tip: Select a room right on the ocean.. Poolside rooms get noisy with kids!
  • Stayed July 2014, travelled as a couple
    • 3 of 5 bubbles
    • 1 of 5 bubbles
3 Thank terencemitchell
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 13 July 2014
Dear terencemitchell,

Thank you for your continuous support towards Sheraton Pattaya Resort. We are delighted that you have again returned to the property but I am concerned to read your comments.

In regards to this weekend, it is a Thai holiday and a long weekend which resulted in hotel to be sold out. I do agree that there were many families and apologize about breakfast being more lively than you had expected. We have discussed about 3 day weekends when hotel is sold out and will mention in our guestroom letters of the peak breakfast times so that guests who wish to enjoy breakfast can avoid these busy times for a leisurely breakfast in the future.

In regards to the towels, please accept my apology if they were not in good condition. I will follow up with the supplier as we are waiting for a new shipment to arrive.

For your comments about soft drinks and menu at the restaurant, I would appreciate to hear in details on how we can better improve. I look forward to your call at your convenience so that I can take your feedback and make improvements.

Tomo Kuriyama

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (219)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Thai first
  • Turkish first
New Delhi, India
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 10 July 2014

We were toying between Hua Hin and Pattaya for a brief summer break, and finally decided on the latter. The age group ranged from 9 to 80, and each one of us had a wonderful time.
The lobby is welcoming with a great view of the ocean, and sets you in the perfect mood for a relaxed holiday. Check in was smooth, and whilst the gentleman behind the counter was trying to explain to us that one of the four rooms could have free wi fi on account of our SPG Platinum status, his senior intervened and told him to offer the facility to all rooms - A small gesture, but one that helped us feel immediately welcome. The rooms, as requested were allotted next to one another. They were comfortable and well equipped, and surrounded by tropical greenery on all sides. We had lunch at the coffee shop, which was to be the first of many meals we had there. Breakfast was consistently good with great service, and a very special mention of Kat who went to great lengths to ensure we were very well looked after. After the second morning, seeing her there was almost like bumping into an old friend- warm and welcoming. We had one dinner that was not so good, and when we mentioned the same to the manager, it was reversed on our bill. We also had one dinner at their sea side Italian restaurant which was quite beautiful, the food was good too. The gym is simple, but well equipped. The beach, well that's a bit of a downer because there is a small patch in the days, which disappears by the evening when the high tide comes in, but they have great swimming pools to compensate. I If you are planning a trip to Pattaya- this would be the hotel I would recommend. It may not be in the heart of the city , but is close enough to it, and they offer a regular shuttle service into town. lt would be nice if they built in a small play area for the kids, but all in all we are looking forward to coming back here really soon.

• Stayed June 2014, travelled with family
    • 4 of 5 bubbles
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 12 July 2014
Dear AnjaliKhosla,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya as your hotel on your recent family vacation. I also read your kind comments on our restaurant page and delighted to read about Khun Kat and the service recovery which was provided. Your feedback for improvement points have been noted and I will definitely look to see what can be considered to further improve our service, facilities, and ultimately guest experience.

Once again, thank you for all of your postings and we look forward to your return soon.

Minato-ku, Tokyo, Japan
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 4 July 2014

Nice and tropical atmosphere with different pool and beach areas. Location, rooms and pools are really good. We enjoyed fresh buffet so much. Very relaxing. hope to visit here soon.

Stayed October 2013, travelled with family
1 Thank Hiroshi H
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 7 July 2014
Dear Hiroshi H san,

Thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort on your recent vacation to Thailand. I'm happy to learn that you enjoyed the location and the facilities which includes the beach and the 3 pools. I have passed on your comments about the quality of food and our Chef will be delighted to cook for you again in the future.

Once again, thank you for being our guest and we look forward to welcoming you back to the resort on your next visit to Thailand.

Delhi
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 7 June 2014

I stayed with my family for 4 days and it is BEYOND WORDS. I was contemplating a choice between a city resort and Sheraton but it was a GOOD CHOICE INDEED to stay here.

Its an awesome sea facing resort away from the bustle of Pattaya city. An hourly hotel shuttle never keeps you away from the city. Amazing property situated on a cliff top with awesome views of the sea. The lobby with its natural light and ocean view itself sets the mood with the sea wind welcoming you to the resort.

Do stay in a sea view room for an amazing view of Sunset.
Rooms are spacious and well done and the 3 swimming pools are inviting (but difficult to use in the day due to direct sun with little shade).

The infinity restaurant is par excellence with best ocean view in Pattaya. The entire resort is set in a forest theme with a variety of plantations and thick green canopy that just adds to the charm of this place.

Unbeatable and must stay in this resort in Pattaya. No other resort comes even close.

Room Tip: Take a ocean view room for amazing scenery and views.
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled with family
      Sleep Quality
3 Thank Ritesh_wanderer
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 22 June 2014
Dear Ritesh_wanderer,

Thank you for being our guest on your recent visit to Pattaya. I am delighted to read such positive comments and to learn that we were able to exceed your expectations.

I noted your comment about the strong sun and would like to recommend trying the serenity pool for your future visits as it is surrounded by lush garden and can be protected from the direct sunlight. We have also added few more dishes in Infiniti Restaurant and I'm confident you will enjoy them again in your next visit.

Once again, thank you for choosing Sheraton Pattaya Resort and we look forward to welcoming you back again.

Providence, Rhode Island
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 2 June 2014 via mobile

I stayed here for only one night. The property is in beautiful location, far away from the energetic Pattaya Town. The grounds are very lush and there are three different swimming pools and beach access. The beach did not look inviting but the pools certainly did.

The dinner at Infinite restaurant was amazing. Spectacular sunset coupled with some really good food made it a perfect evening.

The rooms are large, the beds are comfortable. Large bathroom.

Good service. Some language difficulties. This is certainly an above average property.

Stayed June 2014, travelled on business
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 5 June 2014
Dear Reslimpan,

Thank you for sharing your feedback on Trip Advisor. I'm delighted to read and learn that you enjoyed the lush tropical surroundings and enjoyed the three pools in the resort. Your comments about the food quality has been passed on to the culinary team as well and we look forward to your return in the near future.

5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 31 May 2014

We recently stayed for a long weekend and it was difficult to find fault. The room was huge with a very comfortable bed, great bathroom and balcony - we were in an ocean view pavilion room. The service was excellent, staff very attentive, nothing was too much trouble. Tomo, the GM, seemed to have his finger on the pulse and made an effort to spend time with guests at the resort - he was also mucking in when they were busy. The spa treatments were amazing, we were treated to 3 hours of absolute bliss with massage and facial one afternoon. There was no shortage of complimentary water in our room or by the three pools. The food was very good, however I agree with a previous reviewer that the option of Thai food at Infinity restaurant would be an improvement. All in all a terrific resort very well run, we will be back.

Room Tip: Standard ocean view on top floor seemed very good Ocean view pavilion room was excellent although a...
  • Stayed May 2014, travelled as a couple
1 Thank Linda H
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 3 June 2014
Dear Linda H,

Thank you for staying with us on your recent birthday celebration. It was a real pleasure to meet everyone and I'm delighted to read your positive experience with us. Your comments for the Spa has been passed on and I'm sure they will be happy to take you away for another 3 hours treatment on your next visit. For your next visit, we will be happy to bring Thai cuisine from our main restaurant so that you can enjoy it with the breathtaking sunset.

Thank you again for being our guest and I look forward to welcoming you back to the resort in the near future.

Arbroath
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed 30 May 2014

Me and a friend have just returned home for an 11 night stay. Could not fault anything with this hotel, beautiful rooms, very clean and good sized balcony. The pool area was great, regular water was brought to your sun lounger and staff were very helpful. We ate at both restaurants which we couldn't fault, was a bit more expensive than eating in the centre of pattaya but you expect this staying in a 5 star. On one occasion my friend had injured her eye the hotel could not have been more helpful by getting transport organised and one of the hotel staff came along to translate. Both him and the taxi waited over an hour at the hospital for us to make sure we got back to the hotel. The next day flowers arrived at our room to wish my friend well which was just lovely. Free wifi was excellent and just did not want to leave this beautiful paradise!

Thanks to all the staff we had a brilliant stay here.

Katrina Osborne

• Stayed May 2014
2 Thank Katrinaosborne
Tomo K, General Manager at InterContinental Pattaya Resort, responded to this review, 30 May 2014
Dear Ms. Katrina Osborne,

Greetings from sunny Pattaya!

Thank you for staying with us on your recent vacation. It was great meeting both of you in the resort and I'm relieved that your friend had a speedy recovery. I'm also pleased to read that you both had an enjoyable stay with us and very much look forward to welcoming you back to the resort one day.

Thank you again for choosing to stay with us.