“Beachside needs attention”

Garden Cliff Resort and Spa
Ranked #119 of 455 Hotels in Pattaya
Reviewed 28 February 2013

I booked this hotel through the internet and wanted to have a quiet day at the beach with my two children.
The hotel is not very close to any entertainment and if you look for nights out this is not the place to stay.
As the name says this is next to cliffs and the beach is separated from the main beach by rocks and private properties.
We got an upgrade on arrival and I was pleasantly surprised when entering the room. The rooms are very well maintained and reminded me of stays in Hyatt or Marriott in Hua Hin.
Very nice.

We went for lunch into the cliff side restaurant which was empty. We received a russian menu and when I mentioned that I do not speak russian they gave me a western menu. No thai food.
The service though was excellent and the food delicious as well.

The hotel area is not very special. The lobby area looks nice and is warmly decorated. The pool area with apartments (around 9 floors I would say) is average.

We went to the beach and from the beach side the hotel needs renewal. The stairs are under maintenance and the beach is dirty to say the least. Next to the hotel is a big construction site but hey: nothing they can change about this. And it is not noisy.

I would not really return to this but also would not say that the stay was unpleasant. Just not exactly what we were looking for.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled with family
1  Thank RoderichH

Reviewed 23 February 2013

This was a pleasant stay for me and my friend, who wanted a couple of days away from the big city. We paid a bit extra for a 'pool access' room on the ground floor, which made all the difference to our stay. It was so nice to be able to jump into the pool directly from our own private patio. The 'private beach' is tiny, and didn't seem to be being used by anybody, but the pool was enough for us, in any case. The inside of the room itself was of a decent standard. I wouldn't say it was wonderful, but it ticked most of the right boxes. They had a reasonably-stocked mini-bar, and the pretty much standard 32-inch LCD TV. Breakfast was good, and included in the price, with a large variety of food to choose from. The location wasn't a problem for us, as we had a car, but I could see how it might be an issue for people not wanting to walk for long in the Pattaya heat. Staff were very helpful and accommodating.

Room Tip: Pay a bit more for a pool access room.
  • Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
1  Thank nomadsoul1985
Reviewed 14 February 2013

I booked this hotel because I planned to have a nice relaxing weekend in Pattaya. The hotel is located in Naklua Soi 16 and approximately 1.2 kms away or so from the main road. The promotion signs inside the hotel are in Russian. So no need to say more about the majority of the guests.

The hotel itself is ok and the room is quite nice. The view is also nice but nothing really special about it compared to the price we paid. The bar at reception area is nice and the staff are very friendly. However, there are thousands of mosquito at night ready to eat you alive. The singers are great and we quite enjoy it. They have "beer bucket" promotion starts at 10 pm for 300 something Baht which is quite cheap for a hotel like this.

My conclusion is I won't be back again. This hotel is good for one time experience but nothing special about it at all. Breakfast is good though.

Please vote "helpful" for my review and photos if you find this info is useful to you. Thank you very much.

• Stayed: February 2013, travelled as a couple
2  Thank tingleboi
Reviewed 26 January 2013

C1 ( 2012.11 )
landscape was good because of locating near ocean, but the transportation was not that good. Swimming pool, front, and the room was OK, but the massage shop was insufficient. It's good to come with family.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled with family
2  Thank HanJuyoung
Reviewed 1 January 2013

While the service was not bad and the facilities were reasonably well kept, the location of this hotel leaves a lot to be desired. You cannot walk to much of anything and the hotel shuttle schedule is limiting. That would be fine if the hotel had a nice beach, but the beach is practically non-existant and not very clean. If you do stay here, be prepared to do a bit more walking, bartering with baht bus drivers, and/or planning your whole day around shuttle reservations.

On the plus side the breakfast is great (although super crowded and loud) and the staff are helpful. There was a booking mix-up when we stayed and the night manager resolved everything for us. The people who make up the room have some very creative towel "sculptures" so it is always fun to come back and see what they left for us.

• Stayed: December 2012, travelled as a couple
2  Thank Peegfeesh
Reviewed 26 December 2012

I was stayed here including this time 4 times. Last year and 2 years back and again this year. Even though this is far from the city; hotel and view from hotel is beutyful. From lobby you will be looking at sea and swimming pool. Lower floor right side rooms are connected to pool. The hotel structred in traditional thai style. Entrance of the hotel is beutyful too. Hotel is getting little older seems time for renovation. look like staff needs more training on customer service, they are not pleasent as before. I had a local friend / driver / guide who was very good and took me around. so transportation was not an issue. They have very good spa, break fast is ok not excellent. Wifi chargable. I will personaly go there if the hotel renovated and change the staff or better training. Otherwise dont think so its worth money going back to the same hotel. I may have to find another one.

Room Tip: Sea View rooms are good.
  • Stayed: August 2012, travelled on business
2  Thank Shihab K
Reviewed 11 December 2012

Was in Pattaya for a business meet. Was put up at this hotel. The hotel itself is fine, but the location is a big dampener - really off the grid almost when it comes to the places in Pattaya one would probably visit. and given the fact that Pattaya streets have a great carnival feel to it, with great street food et al, most people visiting Pattaya would probably want to hit the streets. The breakfast buffet is nothing spectacular - not that great a spread for vegetarians. We were served excellent Indian food for lunch on 1 of the days we were there. The hotel has a pretty picturesque infinity pool and a decent though tiny private stretch of beach. The entertainment room was pretty sparse and not well maintained, and people here as rude as most others I encountered in Pattaya and Bangkok. They have a nice lobby area though, and we enjoyed live music both the days we were there.

• Stayed: November 2012, travelled on business