“Amari orchid ocean tower”

Amari Ocean Pattaya
Ranked #18 of 447 Hotels in Pattaya
scotland
“Amari orchid ocean tower”
Reviewed 3 April 2014

My wife and I have just returned from the Amari Garden and wish to write an honest review.On arrival we were greeted by very friendly staff who took our cases to reception,where we were dealt with promptly.We were originally given a garden wing room on 3rd floor,but we were a bit disappointed in it ,a bit dated and tired looking,so we phoned reception asking for an upgrade.Having been given free upgrades in Las Vegas and Dubai,we were disappointed to be told we'd have to pay for the upgrade,some £350 for 10 nights,but we bit the bullet and paid up.We got room 804 in the tower,and wow,what a difference,huge modern room,with double bath,and huge rain shower separate,and enormous bed.All the staff in the hotel were excellent and very efficient and so,so friendly,it was quite humbling,that they were so keen to help.A special mention to the pool bar staff,especially Pancha,the cocktail lady,her name began with T,i think,and also the guy with the two cut fingers,they couldn't do enough for you. We ate at the Mantra twice,and the food and service was first class,right up there with Dubai imo.We also ate at the Tavern by the sea,and all the meals were great,at very good prices.Pattaya was an eye opener,but we found plenty good bars,with live music,or backing tapes to enjoy,and are thinking of returning to this hotel next year.Finally,my wife had an accident coming out the Mantra,where she fell off the kerb,its' a bit dark,and cut her knee,but a manager saw this,and immediately dealt with it,by taking her into restaurant and getting staff to give her first aid,really good public relations,i think the manager guy worked in the Tavern,as he came up to ask how she was,next day.All in all i'd recommend Ocean Tower,as it's a great standard of hotel,and we will almost certainly be back

Room Tip: We were maybe unlucky with our Garden wing room,but the Ocean tower was superb,i'd recommend the...
  • Stayed March 2014, travelled as a couple
3 Thank MrandMrsMcN
GMAmariOrchidPattaya, General Manager at Amari Ocean Pattaya, responded to this review, 9 September 2014
Dear MrandMrsMcN,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your review of your stay with us. It is very much appreciated.

It is always gratifying for the whole team to receive feedback like this. Whilst we strive every day to deliver exceptional service, it is always nice to know when our efforts are recognised.

I have personally thanked and passed on your feedback to the Pool Bar, Mantra and Tavern By The Sea teams. I trust Mrs McN's knee injury has healed.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Hotel on a future occasion. On behalf of the entire team at Amari Pattaya, thank you!.

Brendan Daly

Traveller tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (207)
  • Chinese (Traditional) first
  • Turkish first
  • Vietnamese first
Kristiansand, Norway
Reviewed 2 April 2014

I arrived Pattaya and Thailand for first time. I was very suprised when arrive hotel, when checking in they tell me i been upgraded(dont know why) but i was very amazed of the room with sea view and over the pool with balkony and king size bed. Room was exelent and house staff did very good work. I didnt have long stay but regarding the service and kindly price i will not doubt that this is the hotel i will use next time visiting pattaya. Didnt try all the facilityes at the hotel but hopefully will do next time.

2 Thank Einar A
Dear Einar A,

Aberdeen, United Kingdom
Reviewed 1 April 2014

I stayed at the Amari Pattaya for 12 nights. I booked a package deal from there website which offered good value and included 2 x free Thai massages at there spa and a gaurenteed late check out until 4pm. With this package it included guaranteed upgrade to a Junior suite but they then upgraded me further to a duplex suite. This also entitled free access to the executive lounge which included complimentary food and drinks from 7pm - 9pm. The selection of food and drinks available in the executive lounge was some of the best I have ever seen with spirits, champagne, wine, soft drinks, canapés, cheeses and biscuits, desserts to name but a few. The staff and service was also the best I have encountered, nothing was too much bother and you were always greeted with a hello and smile from each and every member of staff.

Breakfast was also included and the selection again was the best I have seen with the highlight being fresh omelettes being cooked to order with over 10 ingredients to choose from to be added to the omelette.

The pool area was also superb with a swim up bar and a separate pool with jacuzzi. The location is also very good and although it's the opposite end of the liveliest part of Pattaya you can easily jump on a tuk tuk for 20 Bhat and be there within 10 minutes.

I also used the transport from the hotel for pick up and drop off to the airport, although this is more expensive than a normal taxi it's is a quality car you receive with 2 fresh cold towels and 2 cold bottles of water provided for the journey and no hassles.

The room itself was also amazing, with a huge king size bed and very comfortable mattress. There's a huge selection of toiletries offered everyday also including soap, shower gel, shampoo, moisturiser, toothbrush, shaving kit, detergent, cotton buds, sewing kit. Water is also generously topped up everyday with over 8 bottles a day provided. The safe is also very large and in the duplex suite you have a lounge with 42" flat screen TV and DVD player and another flat screen TV in the bedroom which is upstairs. Every room also has a balcony. The gym although quite small has a good selection of cardio and equipment.

I also used the business lounge which has 2 computers which is linked to a printed and they also photocopied some documents for me. This is where you can borrow DVDs where they have a small library for you to borrow a couple for your room.

WIFI was also an extremely good signal in the room and throughout the hotel, however you have to log in quite often if you don't use it for more than 10 minutes but is no big deal.

If I had one small gripe it would be that I asked for some ice for my water at the pool area, after the second request I was told by the bar staff that if I wanted ice I would have to order a bucket of ice for 50bhat. Now I know that's not a lot but really you should not have to pay for ice no matter where you are in any hotel.

The other thing I'm not too happy about is I am still waiting on my ONYX points to be added to my account, even though I mentioned this at check out and have asked for this several times since my departure over 10 days ago.

If I was every to stay in Pattaya again I would recommend and stay here again.

3 Thank frankburke8
Stratford-upon-Avon, United Kingdom
Reviewed 31 March 2014

Stayed here several times now over the past 2 years & always the same - the staff are so obliging & nothing is too much trouble. I had the good fortune to be in the executive club on all occasions & the rooms are akin to suites.
Facilities are great throughout the hotel, the pools well kept, & the public areas well patrolled by enthusiatic staff.
I have stayed there over weekends on a few occasions & they were catering for weddings - now these looked great & I wish I could have been married there !
Well done Amari in Pattaya & hope to see you again soon

• Stayed April 2013, travelled on business
1 Thank Graham S
Dear Graham S,

Reviewed 25 March 2014

This is my first time in Pattaya and everything excellent. I stayed at executive room and they provide me a nice panorama view which i have seen beach, room is very comfortable and upon check in they have provide me welcome herb drink which very nice!! Breakfast was provide so varity and sure we have enjoy it. We also try the pub infront of hotel Tavern by the sea dinner taste very good. Their staff very helpful even i didn't ask for their help. Hotel located in town very convenience and there are local shuttle which can take us to everywhere.--- totally wonderful stay

• Stayed February 2014, travelled with friends
1 Thank Yuyee เ
Pattaya, Thailand
Reviewed 23 March 2014

Stay here for the second time. This hotel has a very nice spacious room and can be considered as a best hotel room in Pattaya. Room was clean and very comfortable. I arrived by 8pm and no problem with the check in process. This time get the room on the 18th floor. The Club Lounge is on the 19th floor where you can go for brekfast and happy hour from 17:30 to 19:30 if you booked club room. Brekfat variety is good from many kind of Jams, Honey comb, Japanese corner, egg station and etc. Staff is very nice and know how to serve the guest. Overall a very good stay.

Room Tip: If you have time in late afternoon, book a Club Room. The happy hour is worth the extra money you pa...
  • Stayed February 2014, travelled on business
2 Thank Prompat T
Dear Prompat T,

Bangkok, Thailand
Reviewed 22 March 2014

I stayed at executive floor for 2 nights. Everything is quite good, but surprisingly, during I stayed here, I went outside and go back to the hotel at 3:00pm.... The room is not cleaned, the waiting time for making up the room is more than 30 min.

2 Thank Udomsak U
Dear Udomsak U,

Thank you for taking the time to provide your feedback from your stay. It is very much appreciated.

Whilst I am pleased you enjoyed your overall stay, I wish to apologise for the delay you experienced in having your room serviced and the inconvenience this caused. I am disappointed we were not able to meet your requirements and have discussed this with the Executive Housekeeper.

The point you raised provides an opportunity for us to improve our products and standards of service. Again, thank you for taking the time to bring this matter to my attention.

We look forward to welcoming you back on a future occasion.